Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Youngest off to Uni
(28-02-14, 05:37 PM)esetest link Wrote: Thanks to everyone for the congrats , she has been offered a place in Bath and Plymouth as well , teachers at the school where she does voluntary work have advised her to go to Bath , she hasn't made her mind up yet but will probably go to Bath .

I'd definitely recommend Bath - I don't go there myself, but have a number of friends and a cousin that do, and they all highly rate it. It's really big on placement years in industry too, and has an excellent reputation of having good links with a number of top class institutions (admittedly my friends are doing finance, but its got that reputation in a lot of industries).
Amy has accepted Bath , it has been highly  recommended by the teachers where she was doing voluntary work and is the closest one , she has sorted out her grant but will still work part time to make up her money .
Our eldest did his degree at Northampton - and loved everything except the other students. After Uni he struggled for a job, but did a teaching course, and a month ago he went off to Thailand for a 14 month teaching contract (his girlfriend is doing the same thing, although they're at different schools in the same town).

So far, they've had an amazing experience, doing and seeing things they never would have otherwise (like eating scorpions). I'd recommend teaching to anyone - although my wife (a retired schoolteacher has a different view).

Youngest has just finished first year at De Montfort, doing a degree in Computer Game Art Design - how the hell do they dream up these courses?
Working in Thailand , what an experience . Designing computer games what a great job .
(31-05-14, 06:48 AM)Millietant link Wrote: Our eldest did his degree at Northampton - and loved everything except the other students. After Uni he struggled for a job, but did a teaching course, and a month ago he went off to Thailand for a 14 month teaching contract (his girlfriend is doing the same thing, although they're at different schools in the same town).

So far, they've had an amazing experience, doing and seeing things they never would have otherwise (like eating scorpions). I'd recommend teaching to anyone - although my wife (a retired schoolteacher has a different view).

Youngest has just finished first year at De Montfort, doing a degree in Computer Game Art Design - how the hell do they dream up these courses?
Congrats, it is a 'Big Deal' you are obviously a proud Dad  Smile