Date: 15-06-24  Time: 19:35 pm

Author Topic: Mirrors with built in indicators  (Read 2003 times)

Gray fox

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Mirrors with built in indicators
« on: 08 February 2012, 08:33:39 pm »
Has anyone tried fitting mirrors with built in indicators to a Gen 1? I have seen these on a few modern bikes & think they look good. This of course would leave some nasty looking holes in the fairing, which is one more problem to overcome. I'm running out of mods to do now & need another project. So if anyone knows of any mirrors that fit i would be grateful for the info.

tex

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - tdr 250
    • View Profile
Re: Mirrors with built in indicators
« Reply #1 on: 08 February 2012, 09:01:16 pm »

I got some from busters, They work ok,£25 down from £50. they are a generic type so will fit most bikes, screws in the brake side, and you can get a bracket of ebay for the clutch side, or get a fz8 clutch bracket with the threads built in, it is a perfect fit. It does leave two holes , but you can get some block off plates, not sure where, im sure somebody will be along with a link .

Tex
the night i was born, lord the moon stood a fire red., my poor mother her crying,
she said the gypsy was right, and she fell right dead

phil on a fazer

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 February 2012, 09:13:54 pm »

I got some from busters,

Tex

photos!!!

I always thought i would like to have tiny indicators in the side of my mirrors but i would also keep my normal winkers (like cars) but also have some small DRL's in the back of the mirrors too. All helps you be seen.

Phil TK

• GP Hero
  • up yer..
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 February 2012, 09:37:34 pm »
 Don't forget the offside mirror needs a Yamaha left hand thread (it does up anti-clockwise). If the mirrors you want do not come in a left hand thread version you can buy an adapter quite cheaply.

bigralphie

• 6 Million Dollar Foccer
    Scenic Pisser
    FOC-U Equine Entrepreneur
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 February 2012, 02:26:42 pm »
I have got some for my tuono but not wired them up yet to cold lol ,you may need to fit resistors eg http://cpc.farnell.com/welwyn/wh25-6r8-ji/resistor-25w-5-6r8/dp/RE04134?Ntt=RE04134 or your bike might think the leds are a blown bulb and the flash rate will go mad
Its just a ride

ZiggyCol

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Ducati Multistrada 950
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 February 2012, 05:01:41 pm »
On my old FZS600 I 'made' some mirrors including indicators.

I used the original mirrors and cut holes in the back to accomodate some side indicator repeaters from a car. The old 600 mirrors were good for this because the rubber gaitor ran all the way up the mirror stem which allowed you to conceal the wires running from the fairing indicators.

The end result was actually quite good.
....----////   Life is not a rehearsal   \\\\----....