Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good news from my son
My boy who's 9 was scouted by Reading FC yesterday and invited to train at their Academy. Chuffed to bits doesn't come close. Proud of him and really pleased for him  Big Grin Big Grin
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.
(05-02-14, 08:38 AM)Frosties link Wrote: My boy who's 9 was scouted by Reading FC yesterday and invited to train at their Academy. Chuffed to bits doesn't come close. Proud of him and really pleased for him  Big Grin Big Grin

Nice one.
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!
Well done, it's strange how you seem to get more emotional about your children's successes than your  own. I also seem to worry more about them than I do about myself?. Or is it just me?
Andy
Not just you Andy, same with me.
Good for him you must be really proud. Two of my nephews played for reading youth teams but never really made the big time. One still plays semi pro.
a bird in the hand poops on the wrist
My daughter took part in the Commonwealth Karate Championship in 2008 and was I extremely proud............the only downside was I also took part but got disqualified in the 3rd round..............my mate said I disgraced my country but did Glasgow proud  :lol
(05-02-14, 12:59 PM)bigbluebear link Wrote: the only downside was I also took part but got disqualified in the 3rd round..............my mate said I disgraced my country but did Glasgow proud  :lol

Well, yes, the headbutt is not an approved competition move... :pokefun
No head butts.....its meant to be light contact and the woose was complaining I was being too aggressive.....FFS its a competition and the old adrenalin takes over.....anyway he should have been blocking....for a Full England Internationalist he was a typical southern softie.
Congrats .
Nice one Frosties........or should i say Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!!!!, :lol

My dad got stuck with me & i'm a cnut!!!!! :b
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike
As a Reading season ticket holder, I hope to see him playing for the first team in about 15 years of so!  Big Grin
Reading academy has a habit of producing excellent talent, so it seems a good place to be learning the game!
Cheers for all the comments fellas, appreciated - can you believe i'm still buzzing!!

Taking him to the game on Saturday (pre-booked) so he was double chuffed when tickets arrived - you can't beat seeing your kids happy!!
It's true we take more pride in our childrens' successes than our own  --  seems to be the natural thing pride in offspring!
This is as young as you're ever going to be!
Just seen this, I dont visit very much these days. I remember when my son at 9 got into an academy. I was so proud too. Seven years later and over £20k in petrol, running him to training and games all over the country he has just got a scholarship. Ok its cost a bundle, but Im even more proud now. Hopefully now I will only have to drive to the games he plays. Bit more time for the bikes now.
Look on the bright side he'll be able to drive himself soon...you'll just need to provide the car the insurance and the fuel. Lol
My grandson plays for Blackburn Rovers and even got to play against Barcelona, he loves it and all the good things it teaches him.
I just hope he can keep it up and maybe one day look after us : :lol