• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whanted Fazer fzs600 Radiator Guard
Hi all  Smile

I am after a  Radiator Guard for my fzs600

Bike Model :fzs600

Year :1998

can be used dose not have to be a show winner condition :rollin

any help thanks  Smile
full licenses don't come in cornflake packets!
any one ? :'(
look like ebay :rolleyes
In Serbia few of us made them for some 30e a piece. One guy made a design in auto cad and took it to a shop where they have machinery to cut aluminium board into whatever shape / pattern you like using some sonic waves, I'm not sure. It worked nice.  Can you do the same in England (or wherever you are). Cutting was the most expensive part and the more of us there were, the cheaper it got. Oh yes, the guy had some equipment to bend the sides at 90 degrees with a cool small slope, without cracks or anything - DIY that part was, no shop.

If you're interested, I could ask the guy to send me autocad drawing of the guard. I made all the measuring and sent it too him and he has the artistic touch. Looks cool, fits bolt on.

Good luck anyway. That was 30e with some 5e shipping in the price.

Here's the pic (haven't got a single on the bike picture of it, sorry):
[Image: index.php?app=core&module=attach&section..._id=104050]
Most things done in a hurry need to be done again - patiently.
hi slaninar thanks for that I have tried to make one but in in my honest opinion my 1st attempt of making a diy one it looks crap if i do say so my self and my metal working skills  :rollin

if you can  ask the guy to send me autocad drawing of the guard. and all the measurements that would be brill then i can work from some thing not guess work  :Lil

there are one or two on eBay at the moment see if I win one got a bid  on one  :rolleyes
E-mailed him with a link to this topic. Will see what he says.

Here are dimensions (my sloppy MS paint drawing, sorry):

[Image: dimenzije.png]

The other side is the same, that's written in Serbian. Smile

NOw, the frontal part of the grill is 405 mm wide and 175 mm high, with sides (radiator thickness) 50 mm.
So you need aluminium plate of 500 x 170 or 175 mm dimensions.

Holes are drilled around 38 (40) mm from the top, the next one 100 mm lower. Both some 25 mm from the edge.

This is not very nice, most explaining was done over the phone and the man made a nice technical drawing for the workshop to work on it. He also made the übercool design. Smile

Here is what it looks like before it is bent under 90 degrees at the sides (these are for Yamaha TDM and a Suzuki SV):

[Image: index.php?app=core&module=attach&section..._id=111906]

Sorry for bad English and worse paind drawing, hope this helps you at least a bit. Hope Dimac will send his drawing and design (for free Smile  ).

Cheers
Most things done in a hurry need to be done again - patiently.
You could get one off fleabay for about £20. Item number - 230711324969. This listing hs ended, but they come up all the time.
I am currently reconditioning my radiator as it was all flakey and pitted. So far I have stripped it back to the aluminium, using some steel brush bits and given it 2 coats of black gloss engine paint. Not on the fins though, I will use spray paint on them at a later date. I removed the little metal strips from the side and will give them a good polish before refitting. Total cost will be around £10, and the result will be some bosh-shitzen.
Check out my "winter" thread, I will put up some pictures of it when I am done  Wink
Not quite sure what to do with my early mid-life crisis. Ideas on a post card to P.O.BOX 150...
Big Grin thank you just phoned the guy he still has them in stock  :lol

thanks for that  Smile
just got the grill today  :groan it dose not fit  :wall

I did ask and he said yes it would fit  :rolleyes

the screw holes are in the wrong place and the gill is too long  :groan