Date: 01-06-24  Time: 18:20 pm

Author Topic: which phone?  (Read 1849 times)

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
which phone?
« on: 24 August 2013, 02:45:27 pm »
the Mrs is up for a new phone, I've got the galaxy S2, some in work have the S3 & S4 and one lad swears by the HTC 1
all she needs it for is ringing me/family or texting same and to surf the net

I don't know much to be honest but with 24 month contracts, she says she may as well get the most up to date phone as they change so quick, she wants it on 02 as she thinks reception is better than the rest

any advice peeps?
cheers
fire never sleeps

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: which phone?
« Reply #1 on: 24 August 2013, 03:30:46 pm »
there is not much of a difference between most of the android phones. the HTC one has a slightly better feel to it and build quality, being that it is made from aluminium rather than plastic.

However, the camera on the Galaxy S4 is much clearer and more crisp than the HTC offering, so this may be a consideration for you too (although possibly not?).

There are good deals to be had on the iphone 5 as well, being that the iphon 5s/6 is only about a month or so away, so thats another option to think about

redthunder

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 August 2013, 03:35:08 pm »
I have the S3 and for a 6'2" fella I find it can be a tad too big at times. Get pains in me hands from stretching from one side of the screen to the next if you try use it with just one hand.

I'd give a long hard look at the new S4 Mini that just came out.

My own mrs has the S3 mini and if I was doing it over I would go for the mini over the full size as it fits in the hand better.

JoeRock

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 August 2013, 03:50:25 pm »
To be honest mate, if that's all she's going to use her phone for I'd not bother buying her the newest most up to date phone - she'll barely be scratching the surface of it! I'd personally recommend the S3, it's a great phone and will do everything she needs. That said, if she's only got little hands they are quite a big phone, so perhaps the S3 mini might be a better bet?

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 August 2013, 04:14:57 pm »
cheers fellas, will mention the mini to her as she's only little. I think my S2 is fine for what she needs but with ever changing technology she thinks newer is better and I've learnt never to argue with a woman :lol
fire never sleeps