Date: 16-06-24  Time: 00:00 am

Author Topic: Trailer trash - towing behind a Fazer  (Read 29410 times)

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
Re: Trailer trash - towing behind a Fazer
« Reply #100 on: 31 August 2013, 03:43:39 pm »
A Fazer with a trailer.....and a sidecar! won't fall over - think how much crap you could carry then, Christo!  :lol
Or how about a double decker Fazer? No standing on the upper deck please....

As above - stop tempting me! I'm sure I'll end up being the first person to fit a roof rack to a bike!  :lol
The Deef's apprentice

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 17 September 2013, 10:37:10 am »
This seems like a cool, long way downesque idea  (it popped up on a facebook group about adventure riders, I didn't actively research it).  I think this would potentially be better for cornering, but awful for slow travel and very unstable when stationary.  I'd hate to go through mud or sand with it too....in fact is it a really bad design for adventure bikes ?

I did try to find a different topic to post it under but this was the only trailer thread.  I did think of posting a new thread but thought it would raise just as much ire.  I did think about not posting it, but then what's the point; I'm not exactly a lurker.

Oh well.

http://c-way.com.ua/index.php?newsid=57
Opinions are like A**holes, Everyone has one.  Some people seem to have more than one though which is a bit odd.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #102 on: 17 September 2013, 11:19:16 am »
That link just gives an MySQL error...

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 17 September 2013, 11:22:58 am »
That link just gives an MySQL error...

Sorry, it works when you go through the menu system and when you've visited the page before.  Dunno.

Works when you click on http://c-way.com.ua/ and then Модельный ряд and then Canyon
Opinions are like A**holes, Everyone has one.  Some people seem to have more than one though which is a bit odd.

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 17 September 2013, 11:24:59 am »
A Fazer with a trailer.....and a sidecar! won't fall over - think how much crap you could carry then, Christo!  :lol
Or how about a double decker Fazer? No standing on the upper deck please....

As above - stop tempting me! I'm sure I'll end up being the first person to fit a roof rack to a bike!  :lol
....hey christo?....what about...AIR CON? ;)

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #105 on: 17 September 2013, 03:55:15 pm »
Works when you click on http://c-way.com.ua/

Nope, that one gives the same error :(

ChristoT

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 17 September 2013, 04:15:34 pm »
If you want to be knowledgeable about trailers, buy the towbar, and tow a bit before talking, Simon. And please give us links that work, you're meant to be good at IT !  :rolleyes
The Deef's apprentice

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 17 September 2013, 06:26:47 pm »
If you want to be knowledgeable about trailers, buy the towbar, and tow a bit before talking, Simon. And please give us links that work, you're meant to be good at IT !  :rolleyes
Nice  :\

I wasn't appearing knowledgeable I offered an opinion and as we all know opinions don't require experience.   The link works for me,  I'm not offering to fix your I.T. Issues and again,  I don't need to prove myself to you.

What are the nasty comments hiding?   You have something you want to get off your chest?

ChristoT

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 17 September 2013, 06:38:43 pm »

I wasn't appearing knowledgeable I offered an opinion and as we all know opinions don't require experience.   The link works for me,  I'm not offering to fix your I.T. Issues and again,  I don't need to prove myself to you.

What are the nasty comments hiding?   You have something you want to get off your chest?

Don't you? Contacted the old insurance company yet?
The Deef's apprentice

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 17 September 2013, 06:47:00 pm »

Don't you? Contacted the old insurance company yet?
Why would I need to do that ?  I was a witness to an accident.  I wasn't involved in it.  You have my version of events, if they need any clarification your insurance company can contact me directly.  Do you feel better now ?  I have done nothing wrong and do not deserve your anger.

ChristoT

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 17 September 2013, 07:28:26 pm »
Quote from: simonm
Usual bollocks

I do. He's left me bikeless, and with no bike to sell to have money for transport in the US.

Not including the misery I've undergone sorting out a VERY short notice plan B, and the insurance company, I've also messed around no fewer than 20 people (excluding the LoFos on the rideout, and the people involved in the prang), of which 2 are Foccers, and one who is now being an absolute saint at helping sell the little that remains of my previous pride and joy. And two of those people are my very old and ill Dutch grandparents (Grandmother has Alzheimer's), whom I was hoping to see before I head off. Thanks to the crash, I couldn't go. And I can't afford/ don't have time to get up there before I go either.

Forgetting the liability, the fact that I'm now un-insurable for the next five years, and the amount of money I'd already poured in to that machine getting it set up properly with all the extras, I have also lost a significant sum of money on ferry tickets and other travel costs.  Not to mention the resale - that bike was worth £1,600 - want to know how much I've made so far in sales? £80. 5%.

And then Simon tells me that nothing was his fault, and bleats his platitudes when all the people concerned say he was an important factor - and tells me he "doesn't deserve my anger"?

Simonm - take a long, hard look at yourself.
The Deef's apprentice

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 17 September 2013, 07:29:54 pm »

Usual bollocks

I guess Christo cared enough to ask the question.  But sure you can respond for everyone even if you are wrong.  :rollin.

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 17 September 2013, 07:33:28 pm »
Finally you said it.   You're welcome to your feelings on the matter if you don't want to blame yourself.   However you left insufficient braking distance.   End of story.  You're welcome to blame me if it makes you sleep at night but defensive riding dictates you ride within your limitations and that includes the braking distance of your bike and the actions of the driver in front of you.

Don't blame me for your own mistake.

ChristoT

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 17 September 2013, 07:43:09 pm »
Finally you said it.   You're welcome to your feelings on the matter if you don't want to blame yourself.   However you left insufficient braking distance.   End of story.  You're welcome to blame me if it makes you sleep at night but defensive riding dictates you ride within your limitations and that includes the braking distance of your bike and the actions of the driver in front of you.

Don't blame me for your own mistake.

Oh don't get me wrong - I am fully aware that I was too close - although the limited dammage to the Merc shows that I wasn't far off. Yes, I am obviously at fault on the braking distance, yes I am liable and yes, I have made a note of it for myself for future reference.

HOWEVER.

--> It may interest you to know that I did NOT get closer to the Merc after you overtook it - so you must have really been up his arse before the overtake.

--> The other 2 driversthat I talked to have named you as a cause for the anchoring on. From the Merc driver's statement, it would seem the Volvo and people carrier drivers also hold this view, but I do not include them as I did not speak to them myself.

I am not saying you're the one and only cause of the crash - that would be wrong, and childish. However, you refuse to even consider that you were one of the contributing causes - and it's the fact that you cannot face up to the consequences of your actions, your incessant platitudes and the "I'm alright Jack" attitude that has been aggravating me.

Finally, I find it ironic that you tell me not to blame you for my mistake when you refuse to accept yours even happened - despite evidence to the contrary.
The Deef's apprentice

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 17 September 2013, 08:23:01 pm »
Like I said before, I'm sorry you feel that way (you'll take that as a platitude, it really isn't and never was).

You're always going to blame me but YOU were the one who crashed YOUR bike through YOUR fault.  Not me.

I have more than enough evidence to prove my lack of liability and I'm happy to pass it on to your insurer if they ask for it.

Please stop prevaricating it doesn't make either of us look good or mature.

Doddsie

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 17 September 2013, 08:30:53 pm »
 :lurk

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 17 September 2013, 09:24:56 pm »
Damnit, there's no smiley for chocolate...

:lurk

ChristoT

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 17 September 2013, 10:15:26 pm »
Like I said before, I'm sorry you feel that way (you'll take that as a platitude, it really isn't and never was).

You're always going to blame me but YOU were the one who crashed YOUR bike through YOUR fault.  Not me.

I have more than enough evidence to prove my lack of liability and I'm happy to pass it on to your insurer if they ask for it.

Please stop prevaricating it doesn't make either of us look good or mature.

Exactly. The "I'm alright Jack" attitude I was referring to resurfaces.

Now WHY was I always going to blame you, do you think? As for half apologies, how about a decent one for actually setting up the situation in the first place?

Both the drivers I spoke to said that you were the cause of the anchoirng on, you refuse to accept eyewitness statements about how you overtook an indicating vehicle at a crossroads (and frankly, your version is a damn sight more worrying), and after the explanation of what happened, you stubbornly refused to accept your ridign was anything less than exemplary. Get your head out of the sand, for heaven's sake!

As for the maturity card - you threw that one out a long time ago. 
The Deef's apprentice

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 17 September 2013, 10:27:06 pm »
It was mentioned in the old post that this is not the forum for this kind of discussion.

I've said repeatedly that I will happily talk to your insurers.

Please drop this and the attitude.

ChristoT

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 17 September 2013, 10:49:27 pm »
It was mentioned in the old post that this is not the forum for this kind of discussion.

I've said repeatedly that I will happily talk to your insurers.

Please drop this and the attitude.

Drop the attitude? When you face up to your actions, maybe.

I couldn't help but notice that you stayed a healthy distance from the bike when it was by the roadside, you didn't join the main LoFo group into Stratford, you were quiet as a mouse at the lunch table, and you buggered off bloody quick afterwards. If that was subconcious guilt, your subconcious is a better person than you are.

Oh, AND you got VERY narky with the Merc driver when he asked for your details. As everyone else mentionned you in the their reports, I'm sure your insurers will get a call soon.
The Deef's apprentice

rik

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 17 September 2013, 11:35:05 pm »
well what can I say :(  but up till that point quite a good topic good luck with your trip  :lol

ChristoT

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 17 September 2013, 11:48:45 pm »
well what can I say :(  but up till that point quite a good topic good luck with your trip  :lol

I presume you refer to the US one (sans trailer and towbar)? On the way home, I had to chop out 80% of the route, and had to rely on... alternative measures to get the trailer home...

Yes, that's a bicycle. With a towbar welded to it.
The Deef's apprentice

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Trailer trash - towing behind a Fazer
« Reply #122 on: 17 September 2013, 11:57:13 pm »
Rik.....  Will u please drop that attitude and except your liability :-)) its just not on u postin something nice

Hey christo.... When u crash the pushbike can i have first dibs on the brain bolt ?
« Last Edit: 17 September 2013, 11:59:46 pm by Exupnut »
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 17 September 2013, 11:59:05 pm »

I presume you refer to the US one (sans trailer and towbar)? On the way home, I had to chop out 80% of the route, and had to rely on... alternative measures to get the trailer home...

Yes, that's a bicycle. With a towbar welded to it.
What was that like to ride? Could you have done any distance on it, or just way too much work? I would guess that once you got it moving you'd be ok, but sod pulling away on it!

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 18 September 2013, 12:01:18 am »
Distance? Hahahahahahahahha nice one nick :-))
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))