Date: 15-06-24  Time: 23:32 pm

Author Topic: Bogging down and a touch smokey!  (Read 6700 times)

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Bogging down and a touch smokey!
« Reply #25 on: 03 August 2013, 12:53:38 am »
Pre-emptive strike - bog off Exup, it's just a slight misfire - reliability is not under question! Except where the owner is concerned perhaps :rolleyes

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03 August 2013, 10:40:57 am »
I actually do have breakdown cover - its very basic, but I have it! :D

So far in my 8~ months of ownership it hasn't given up on me whilst out and about. It's not in good shape, but its holding together well. I think BozBoz's machine is a different story though :P

coupcoup

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 03 August 2013, 11:31:35 am »
I took my bike for new tyre at muldoons in kirkintilloch..  They've been into bikes for years racing side cars at the TT and all..  I mentioned that the fazer was a bit boggy in the midrange,  The old guy pull out some Forte fuel additive and poured the whole bottle into the tank  I'd just filled the tank up.  he said it was more than was recommended but he also said that as my pbike hadn't done much work in it's life and probably had spent a lot of time sitting in a garage, ( it only had 5800 mile on it when i got it.) that the carbs get slowly gummed up, mainly due to the additives in petrol nowadays.  anyway suffice to say the bike has been through three tanks of petrol since and is no longer sluggish in the midrange.  It also ticks over better and goes like stink.  I've also fitted a K&N. but didn't notice any difference except a slightly different engine note..