Date: 15-06-24  Time: 23:49 pm

Author Topic: Safe to say I had a good time yesterday  (Read 1690 times)

Derpdiherp

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Safe to say I had a good time yesterday
« on: 16 July 2013, 02:13:11 pm »
Went out with a mate to Devils bridge then over to the St Anne's bike meet in Blackpool.. Saw a fair few Fazers over there, any foccers about?

For my second ride out on the Fazer I'd say I didn't do too bad..

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Safe to say I had a good time yesterday
« Reply #1 on: 16 July 2013, 02:27:20 pm »
Good lad, next ride out and they'll be proper scrubbed clean, then it'll be pegs down (which isn't hard on these!)
Some say...

Derpdiherp

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 July 2013, 02:34:31 pm »
Aye I was told by my mate that the exhaust was looking frighteningly close to touching, whether or not he was just at an angle that it looked that way I'm not sure, because you'd think the pegs nubbin type bits would hit first. I don't think I'm going to push it much harder to find out.

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 July 2013, 03:03:52 pm »
It'll go a bit further than that yet. If you have any hero blobs on your pegs, they'll touch down and let you know that you've gone far enough! My rear supermaxx tyre is completely scrubbed clean. If I can do it on a cheapo tyre (and I'm not the fastest of cornerers), then you can have faith in a popular brand, but bloody good effort. It certainly looks like you enjoyed yourself :))
Whereabouts are you up here? I'm near Cleveleys just up the road. We need to get a few of us together for a meet up sometime.
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 July 2013, 03:31:20 pm »
Well done you! You must have been having a cracking laugh chucking it into the twisties!

Ill stick to my chicken strips though, too much of a coward to get that far over myself, even on a track :lol

Derpdiherp

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 July 2013, 04:38:29 pm »
I'm in Ashton-under-Lyne near Manchester central so a little way south, if someone wanted to arrange a meetup for us Northerners I'd turn up for sure  :D

reillypadraig

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 July 2013, 09:04:25 am »
I got the whole tyre myself the other day and all, but I keep having the same problem, my hero blobs are cut off when I got the Fazer and I keep having to put my toes on the pegs coming to a tight corner, feet keep scraping, even if I have my foot under or over the gears and over the brake pedal

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 July 2013, 09:33:33 am »
That's why motorbike boots have toe sliders!
Some say...

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 July 2013, 09:34:25 am »
Am I the only one to always move their feet back if not using the foot controls? My instructor drilled it in to me as I always seemed to have my toes pointing away from the bike otherwise :lol

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 July 2013, 11:10:22 am »
You're not alone deadeye, I always ride with my feet back, only move them forward to controls when using the controls. I find it more comfortable with the balls of my feet on the pegs anyway. Helps me sit in the right position to grip the tank with my knees and my upper body is further forwards so helps my arms relax by keeping my elbows bent.

Chris

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 July 2013, 11:23:02 am »
I find having toes/balls of feet on the pegs allows you to put pressure on one side or the other which can help with cornering. Feels that way anyway.

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17 July 2013, 12:16:43 pm »
I just feel like I'm in a better riding position, especially for corners as I don't have to worry about my feet getting in the way etc or something to that effect anyway. I just feel more stable on the bike :)

Derpdiherp

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17 July 2013, 01:10:19 pm »
I had the opposite drilled into me, I've always ridden with the balls of my feet on the pegs, but my instructor kept going on about how it's fine for the track because you get more clearance but it's going to take me longer to reach the controls.. I never did listen to him about that  :rolleyes , I remember reading everywhere else that balls of your feet on the pegs was the right way to go.

@reillypadraig - Congrats on getting it over! Must have misunderstood me though, mine has the hero blobs on. I think you can buy titanium screws to replace them though?

Andy FZS

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18 July 2013, 08:36:15 am »
+1Balls have done for 30+ years don't know why as I could ride with my feet under the foot pegs and not touch them lol. I'll ask my mate if we were taught it on our "Star Rider" training I'm sure he'll remember it was only 32yrs ago,  how could I have forgotten.
Andy

BluprintZ

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
    • Stiwdio Eglwys
« Reply #14 on: 22 July 2013, 09:40:52 am »
Devils Bridge, that brings back some good memories of my days on my GS1000 and Z1R, used to be a fair contingent of us would ride there on a Sunday from Rossendale, back in the mid 80's.
Rivvington Barn is another good bike meet on a Sunday near Bolton, if you are in the area.
I can understand how easy it is to get rid of the "chicken strips" on these bikes, certainly a very chuckable bike in the twisties, although as others have stated, not sure i'm brave enough to go over that far, although i haven't had the bike long, so who knows?!!

G ; )
Life's a long song....