Date: 16-06-24  Time: 02:14 am

Author Topic: exup cable  (Read 1428 times)

bowen93

• CBT Wobbler
  • level of weirdness i can achieve maxed out
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
exup cable
« on: 05 July 2013, 10:40:11 am »
hi i was just wondering if anybody has had any luck bad or good experience etc. with the aftermarket slinky cables ?
just been looking for an exup cable and see wemoto suddenly do them. here is the link for cable on wemoto's ebay website.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380661006290&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en
thank you
john
from the minute your born you are dying, so make the most of it and live life to the max

AyJay

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
Re: exup cable
« Reply #1 on: 05 July 2013, 11:17:51 pm »
Hi John. Yup. I bought one and I'm waiting for the second batch . . .

Basically, it would appear that the first batch they ordered from their suppliers are 1cm too short on the outer cable sheath (or the inners are 1cm too long) so when fitted the cables have too much free play. In fact, they're so long it's not possible to take up the slack with adjusters either. I made up a couple of spacers and they're working ok ish.

I suspect Wemoto will get it right with the second batch which are due sometime in the next couple of weeks, so I'd hang fire until I post on this forum when I get a replacement fitted and tested.

The good news is they certainly seem well made, no nipples dropping off and what have you, and we really need an alternative to Yamaha OEM cables.  I'm happy to pay full price for decent OEM items, but £150... for a couple of cables.
« Last Edit: 05 July 2013, 11:19:37 pm by AyJay »

bowen93

• CBT Wobbler
  • level of weirdness i can achieve maxed out
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 July 2013, 09:42:25 am »
hi thank you yes that is my problem i am always happy to buy original but 150 quid for 2 cables is just stupidly expensive to me for what they are. it is not the sort of money i have to throw around, i know i spoke to wemoto and they will have more in next friday. i have been running the bike for almost a year with no cables because cannot afford that much (still been greasing and checking valve). i did order a set of second hand supposedly perfect condition ones from ebay but the outer cable was kinked so they did not work, tried to repair them. i am noticing such a loss of bottom end power and it is like a rev limiter installed. just want the bike running sweet again.
thank you for your reply Ayjay will be looking out for that post lol
john
from the minute your born you are dying, so make the most of it and live life to the max

mark fz1 liquid silver

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 July 2013, 09:28:45 pm »
Do you have gen 1 or gen 2?as I have gen 2cables in mint condition pretty much brand new

AyJay

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 July 2013, 09:42:19 pm »
Gen 1. and thanks for the kind offer.

Wemoto are getting feedback on the first batch at the moment and are going to post replacements out to me shortly. Apparently, I'm the only one with a problem. Typical!

Since I've paid the money, I'm determined to either get cables that work or money back.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 August 2013, 11:31:38 pm »
I bought  a set from Wemoto last June and they are working perfectly, fitted and adjusted without any problem.
« Last Edit: 31 August 2013, 03:17:56 pm by unfazed »