Date: 15-06-24  Time: 23:45 pm

Author Topic: Proskins under garments  (Read 1758 times)

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Proskins under garments
« on: 04 July 2013, 08:35:56 am »
Well guys, if you hadn't noticed its starting to get warm.

I'm sure many of you have been in a bike shop at some point and noticed all these fan dangled miracle claiming materials that magically keep you cool or warm etc etc, you've probably thought 'yeh, right, pull the other one, then you've probably seen the price tag and thought £30 for some skinny material I put on under my leathers, piss off!'

Well, as a courier its important to be comfortable being on a bike for hours at a time, in the winter I use Rukka (which I swear by) and its easy to add layers to stay warm, but during the summer obviously it's more difficult to stay cool but still have decent clothing protection.
I wear leather track pants in the summer along with a joe rocket summer jacket (its like a teabag with pads in it)
Under the leathers I wear the proskins trousers and they are just awesome,
forget about the 'keeps you cool' they claim, they don't magically make you think you got air conditioning in your pants, but they do make wearing leathers very very comfortable!

Now I've also had a cheap aldi set and a very expensive rukka set (half price sale!) of these types of clothing and non of them are as good as the proskins!

For any of you safety conscious riders out there (I cannot stand the amount of riders I see in shorts and tshirts,but that's not for this topic) I seriously recommend you get a set for under your leathers, do not be put off by the price, they are worth every single penny!
Some say...

budgiemurray

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Proskins under garments
« Reply #1 on: 04 July 2013, 08:54:25 am »
I use similar stuff on occasion but its made by underarmour.. They do a summer and a winter version.. I have both and must say theyre really good.
 No more sticky leathers in the summer or cold blast in the winter..
You will find them in decent sports shops.. Worth getting..

Budgie

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 July 2013, 11:24:27 am »
Outdoor activities shops are also well worth looking in, just to extend your choice.

Jazz999

• Weekend Warrior
  • Mellow Yellow!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 July 2013, 02:32:16 pm »
Yeah like budgie I use underarmour gear and it's good. Also have some Lidl legging things which are good under my textiles
Nothing Fazes a Foccer!

Tmation

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 July 2013, 04:48:03 pm »
I use Spada Clothing made ones as they do them in Fat Bloke sizes, I had EDZ before and the Spada are much better at keeping your temperature regulated.