Date: 01-06-24  Time: 15:54 pm

Author Topic: Clip ons  (Read 1939 times)

davec

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Clip ons
« on: 18 June 2013, 05:54:02 pm »
Clip ons on an FZS600. Good or bad, what are your opinions?

Thorn

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Clip ons
« Reply #1 on: 18 June 2013, 06:01:36 pm »
Dunno about clipons, but there's high praise here for Renthal Ultra Low replacement bars, I intend to buy them soon aswell.

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 June 2013, 06:28:45 pm »
At some point I'll be playing with putting the thundercat clipons I've got on but I know i have to do some fiddling with them as they are very low and clearance with the brake reservoir is an issue against the clocks, but I do have the thundercat master cylinder to swap which is smaller!
Vfr 750 clip ons are raised more.
Tbh it depends what you're riding style is, clipons will put your body in a better position for leaning off the bike in corners!
Some say...

reillypadraig

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 June 2013, 07:01:16 am »
have you started this yet? would be intresting to see this done...but how far down would you have to push the top yoke down for the t-cat clips? i reckon 25-30 mill? :eek  i droped mine 10 mil and already find a slight difference in the turn into corners.

also have you much tank clearance on full lock? i mean when its on and you dont hit the clocks will the clip on smack the tank? fair angle on them clip ons

interesting mod though

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 June 2013, 08:38:54 am »
I've got a thundercat frontend on the fazer and due to the forks being longer they stick out the top considerably anyway so attaching them is not a problem for me, I'm not suggesting to use thundercat clipons on a standard front, just obviously that's what I can do!
At standard they would foul the tank, I have Genmar bar riser plates which raise it a little but I don't think enough, I'm considering several options, I'm not liking the angle of flipping the clipons so I'm thinking of getting another top yoke and grinding it down as a riser plate!

If you get some clip ons with a high enough built in rise you would mount them under the top yoke!
Some say...

JoeRock

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 June 2013, 03:06:34 pm »
I'm sure I read somewhere about someone fitting SV650 clipons? They mount under the top yoke but have a hell of a rise on them to make them a fairly comfortable ride - would be ideal for the FZS600? Also have the same 41mm fork size so no problems there!

reillypadraig

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 June 2013, 12:08:25 am »
I'm sure I read somewhere about someone fitting SV650 clipons? They mount under the top yoke but have a hell of a rise on them to make them a fairly comfortable ride - would be ideal for the FZS600? Also have the same 41mm fork size so no problems there!

worth a look! cant think of any other clip ons with that much of a rise,

if the legs are that much longer are you going to end up with much of a drop compared to the standard bar with just a lower mount?

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 June 2013, 08:12:11 am »
if the legs are that much longer are you going to end up with much of a drop compared to the standard bar with just a lower mount?

Yes, because I have no intention of having them attached at the very top of the forks!
Some say...