Author Topic: Blimey  (Read 1044 times)

JoeRock

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Blimey
« on: 14 June 2013, 09:16:02 pm »
Having gotten used to riding a ZX9R and then an FZS1000 (both bigish, powerful bikes), having just gotten in from riding my new FZS 600 home it was a bit of a slap in the face!

The things like a bicycle to ride, feels very small and really tips into corners in a very nice way indeed with little effort. Wasn't originally that impressed with the power (although I did expect that having dropped 400ccs) but then remembered you actually have to rev a 600 - tried that and it gave me a rather pleasent surprise!

Did about 70 miles, seemed comfy enough and it reckons i've done 1/4 of a tank so looks good from an mpg perspective.

Initial things now are to get some photos taken and uploaded, give her a clean now she's been spattered in bugs, set the sag on the suspension, get a scottoiler and probably a bagster tak cover too!

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Blimey
« Reply #1 on: 14 June 2013, 09:26:49 pm »
I feel your only niggle will be you can't be lazy with these compared to your litre bikes,  more gear changes to make her sing,  but, they truly are very decent fun bikes, will happily corner well when shed to the more upright style and when in hooligan mode can pop the front up fed easy if that flats your boat.
Point is these older fazers give Antarctic smiles per mile compared to a lot mre expensive, apparently more able bikes!
Some say...

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 June 2013, 10:01:54 pm »
Yep, the only bike you'll ever need! It used to get boring reading on in all the bike mags about how good these bikes are.
It's true, they really are THAT good!  :D :thumbup
Now come on, you know the score!
 :useless
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 June 2013, 05:13:24 pm »
Light,nimble, fun, economical,comfortable,(with 95bhp available when needed) & loves A & B roads,twisties,bends, Its teaching me to make full use of gears,revs-The more I look at new bikes crammed with "rider aids",electronics,sky-hook suspension! & a years subscription to the osteopath/chiropractor thrown in free :eek , the more I love my Fazers-oh happy granddad! :lol

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 June 2013, 05:30:36 pm »
PS AND A 22LITRE FUEL TANK!!! :lol

otis

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Suzuki GS550 Bobber
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 June 2013, 05:45:58 pm »
Yip Great bikes, I've been toying with the idea of selling mine and getting something else/bigger for about a year but keep coming back to the why and for what as they do everything well. OK long motorway slogs can be tough but I don't do that a lot so it's a keeper   :lol
Can't get lost if you don't care where you are

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 June 2013, 05:52:29 pm »
When my last Gen 1 thou was laid up after a minor spill, I borrowed our shop's boxeye to run around on for a few days. Despite having ridden larger bikes through virtually all my biking life, I was most impressed with the FZS, and when considering whether or not I could afford a thou this time, the 600 would have been my second choice. Especially if I could have picked up a good Foxeye.

kebab19

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 June 2013, 07:55:13 pm »
I know the feeling, having moved from my FZS 1000 back down to a boxeye 600 three weeks ago....apart from more gearchanges (and poor standard suspension), its actually a mighty fine road bike.