Date: 02-06-24  Time: 10:01 am

Author Topic: Panorama  (Read 3860 times)

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Panorama
« on: 12 June 2013, 07:30:12 pm »
BBC1 NOW!!!! Watch it. Tickets.

http://beatbagleysbox.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1
« Last Edit: 12 June 2013, 07:59:15 pm by Exupnut »
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
Re: Panorama
« Reply #1 on: 12 June 2013, 07:31:27 pm »
BBC1 NOW!!!! Watch it. Tickets.

Any good?
The Deef's apprentice

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 June 2013, 07:33:51 pm »
Cinema tickets? Concert tickets? Traffic tickets?
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 June 2013, 07:51:50 pm »
Parking tickets, got it on record.

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 June 2013, 07:52:08 pm »
Mmmm.....http://zencosys.com/
Thats a new one on me
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 June 2013, 07:58:11 pm »
It's all new to me, cos I don't have a telly  :rolleyes

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 June 2013, 08:01:38 pm »
Watching it and typical reporter mis representing figures
Eg- there has been a rise of 250% in fines since 2007, yet no comment on what the increase in vehicles since 2007. Without that information the %increase of fines has no relevance.
Besides all that I don't see why people are complaining about getting fined for breaking the Highway Code, when I get pulled for speeding it'll be a fair cop Guv and I'll have no argument against it!

'Look at this bus lane, I can drive down it between 10 and 4 but halfway down I can't use it between 7am and 7pm without warning!' Er, apart from the sign you're showing us that says in use 7am till 7pm!? Retarded reporting!
Some say...

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 June 2013, 08:05:55 pm »
Think I'll carry on doing without a telly then...

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Panorama
« Reply #8 on: 12 June 2013, 08:08:52 pm »
http://zencosys.com/

Hehe... I think that like me... You've got eye's up ur arse... Lol... u foccin need em drivin in london.
« Last Edit: 12 June 2013, 08:11:53 pm by Exupnut »

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 June 2013, 08:16:50 pm »
Oooohhh God!
"And now new updated Zenco, with missile launch, guidance and tracking systems so you can easily eliminate that annoying offender from the equation"... :rolleyes

ChristoT

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12 June 2013, 08:39:29 pm »
Oooohhh God!
"And now new updated Zenco, with missile launch, guidance and tracking systems so you can easily eliminate that annoying offender from the equation"... :rolleyes

Indeed. Bastards. The smug voice in the video pissed me off no end too.
The Deef's apprentice

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 June 2013, 08:50:23 pm »
Oooohhh God!

Indeed. Bastards. The smug voice in the video pissed me off no end too.

"Capture Rate"

Is the term used but it is revenue that needs to to the treasury so that it is then alocated in to better highway maintence, security and development. This was the point of the Panarama (its like spelling bananananannaa, where do you stop  :rollin ) programe.

You can not put signs up for everything as this would distract and take away the need for people to keep up to date with driving legislation changes.

Daz
She Ain't Exactly Pretty, She Ain't Exactly Small, Fourt'two Thirt'ninefiftysix

You Could Say She's Got It All.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12 June 2013, 08:59:42 pm »
Oh, come on, governments and local authorities have been saying for donkeys that they'll have more revenue for road maintenance. Where's the evidence of it actually going there, then, I ask you?  :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Also, the more cameras and, to be frank, "snooping" devices they put up, the less time you'll be spending looking for real road hazards, cos you'll be constantly eyes down on your speedo in case you're 4or 5 mph over the limit.

ChristoT

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 June 2013, 09:05:15 pm »
Oh, come on, governments and local authorities have been saying for donkeys that they'll have more revenue for road maintenance. Where's the evidence of it actually going there, then, I ask you?  :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Also, the more cameras and, to be frank, "snooping" devices they put up, the less time you'll be spending looking for real road hazards, cos you'll be constantly eyes down on your speedo in case you're 4or 5 mph over the limit.

My parents both think that the cameras are more dangerous than speeding. As do I (remember when I nearly got done by that Dalek on the A12, LoFos?), as you bury your nose on the dash, not on the road WHERE YOU SHOULD BE FOCCING LOOKING!! But I sympathise though: my parents both got caught in France doing 5 - 7km/h over the limit. Bang, a fine and points. So they took to driving badly, checking the speed like an OCD drug addict. And they're good drivers!! I shudder to think of lousy drivers doing the same.
The Deef's apprentice

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12 June 2013, 09:09:03 pm »
This programme was all about CCTV fines, not speeding fines.
As for the road maintenance thing- these fines were partly used by hammersmith to reduce local council tax bills which they are very proud of!
Some say...

ChristoT

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 12 June 2013, 09:22:03 pm »
As for the road maintenance thing- these fines were partly used by hammersmith to reduce local council tax bills which they are very proud of!

SAme difference, really, trying to sting you whenever they can, for how ever much they can.

As for the council tax, it's still us poor buggers coughing up!
The Deef's apprentice

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12 June 2013, 09:32:29 pm »

So is not a speed fine actually a camera caught? A camera is a camera and is proof of the offence and if hammersmith do use this to reduce council tax bills this is inappropriate allocation of monies raised by an offence. All the country should be in the same position and this was highlighted by other councils seeking the same permissions as London but at the end of the day why should a local government have the ability to penalise an individual where monies were raised through central government to begin with at the tax payers expense then get to keep and what they like with it?

Lets make the both Central & local Governments accountable, transparent and work for the the people of the country.

Daz

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 June 2013, 09:40:50 pm »
I don't see how stopping in a yellow box junction because idiots aren't paying attention to the road and traffic around them classes as being 'stung', its one of the most annoying things in London, traffic gets blocked because of these idiots causing massive disruption for people that want to make progress on a quiet road going in a different direction to them!
There's few police on the road to do them for it so why not on CCTV!?

Speed cameras cause people to brake inappropriately, a lot of the time when they're not even breaking the speed limit for that road which is why people say they cause accidents- at no point do CCTV cameras cause accidents!

As far as where the money goes, I agree it should go back to the roads!
Some say...

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12 June 2013, 09:47:32 pm »
My point is, how am I supposed to know what all these differnt monitoring systems are for? They've got grey cameras, blue ones, those b*****d yellow boxes - and different authorities up and down the country all want to do different things. I haven't got time to keep up with it all, so I tend to treat them all the same - plus, I don't trust the sods not to misuse them.

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12 June 2013, 09:53:10 pm »
Putting it simply mate we're fucked, nanny state future with regards to the roads because you won't be looking up the road to see if a cop car is watching traffic or zapping us with he radar gun, you'll know you're on CCTV doing something wrong!

With regards to he blue cameras you can ignore those, they monitor traffic flow and don't enforce anything legally, er,  yet!!!
Some say...

ChristoT

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12 June 2013, 09:59:56 pm »
I don't see how stopping in a yellow box junction because idiots aren't paying attention to the road and traffic around them classes as being 'stung', its one of the most annoying things in London, traffic gets blocked because of these idiots causing massive disruption for people that want to make progress on a quiet road going in a different direction to them!
There's few police on the road to do them for it so why not on CCTV!?

I don't work in London as you do, but I know what you mean. And yes, it is frustrating.

But I would personally go for prevention. Make the theory test harder, drum it in to learners that they should drive in a considerate manner. However, I would argue that those systems are there purely and simply to take money to fill the council coffers, money which won't go back to the roads, and instead is spent on these hugely expensive systems to sting motorists.

I know you disagree with the idea of being stung, but I refuse to believe those cameras are there with public service in mind. They are simply cash cows. Come in 1984, have a seat!!
The Deef's apprentice

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12 June 2013, 10:09:15 pm »
It's not that I disagree with being stung, I'm just going what was the main start of this programme being made in the first place which was that particular yellow box junction in hammersmith!
Personally I got stung when stuck in traffic going the wrong side of those pedestrian kerbs in the middle of the road ignoring the keep left blue arrow, I'd done it hundreds of times before,  have I done it since?- not once!
so for that purpose in my experience the CCTV system and fine worked, but for lots of drivers in london they pay no attention whatsoever and some are just selfish and no amount of fines will change the way they drive!
Some say...

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12 June 2013, 10:31:04 pm »
This has happened to a friend in Manchester where at a cross roads with lights and a solid white line he waited then crossed on green but was on wrong side of the white line when went back to red and got stung with a fine for blocking a junction. A mistake as he anticipated the traffic movement incorrectly in a forigne city. So this has already gone main stream and is a thing to come to all.

But how about moving over into a bus lane to get by stationary vehichle that is waiting to turn right where the road ahead and bus lane is clear do you move over then back into the correct lane asap?

Daz

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13 June 2013, 09:26:27 am »

But how about moving over into a bus lane to get by stationary vehichle that is waiting to turn right where the road ahead and bus lane is clear do you move over then back into the correct lane asap?

Daz

Is completely legal and acceptable so long as its only one car you are passing (ie not being impatient and undertaking several cars because the car behind the one turning right doesn't know this and is staying put!)
And so long as you move back into lane immediately!
Some say...

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #24 on: 13 June 2013, 09:30:49 am »
Punk, I know people who have lost appeals for that one!
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again