Date: 01-06-24  Time: 12:07 pm

Author Topic: Fairing surgery  (Read 787 times)

Stedman8

• DAS Born Again
  • it aint easy bein' sleazy
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Fairing surgery
« on: 19 April 2013, 03:24:51 pm »
I'm thinking of cutting the front fairing down - the bottom half maybe, has anyone done this - pics? And does anyone know the pitfalls and/or disasters that await me  :) How much will it affect the handling etc.I dont want to cut it and then find its flapping around in the breeze - I dont really want to bugger around making new brackets for it and I was going to try and lift the clocks so that they sit a bit higher up - I'll probably have to make a new mount for them but I dont think that would be too difficult - unless someone knows better, any advice appreciated,cheers Steve
get off the cooker granny, you're too old to ride the range

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Fairing surgery
« Reply #1 on: 19 April 2013, 03:37:57 pm »
Only thing i can think of would be 'possible' noise issues, it would've been contoured to deflect the wind but by upsetting that contour you 'could' end up with it being louder than normal.
Or maybe not.........only one way to find out?
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
Re: Fairing surgery
« Reply #2 on: 19 April 2013, 04:15:52 pm »
I saw a trimmed thou fairing on an R1 streetfighter once, and it looked ace. Depending on how far you cut it depends on wether you'll need to fabricate anything or not. I think this guy with the R1 just levelled off the bottom edge of the fairing to make it parallel to the ground. Subtle, but very effective. 8)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!