Date: 16-06-24  Time: 05:36 am

Author Topic: Parts available for Fazer 600  (Read 8891 times)

packie

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Bandit 1200
    • View Profile
Parts available for Fazer 600
« on: 18 April 2013, 10:18:27 am »
With sad regret, I am parting company with my Fazer 600 '03 Foxeye model. This bike was becoming a black hole for puring money into and the final straw came on the weekend were serious engine problems developed and I have decided not to put anymore money into it and move it on.

The upshot is that a breaker bought it off me and will be collecting the bike off me Monday or Tuesday next week. So there will be parts available from him but in the meantime you could contact him and book stuff in advance. He sells his stuff very reasonable and he has good postage costs to the UK. I have dealt with him on numerous occasions over the years and he is a sound chap who don't believe in screwing a person over, and who is a biker himself.

The breaker is Glen Stynes, Fahy Hill, Rhode, Co. Offally, Ireland. Tel +353 87 0955557 email: stynesgp08@eircom.net

Parts that I would see that may be of interest to some guys here would be:

• Fazer 1000 rear caliper with pads that have only 2k up on them. The caliper has been filed down on the head already to fit straight on the Fazer 600
  • Rear and front EBC discs with only 2k up on them.
  • Clocks and bodywork all in good nick.
  • Camchain tensioner with only 2k up on it.
  • Chain and sprockets with only 2k up on them.
  • Stainless downpipes in excellent nick, painted in black but can be nitromors off.
  • Giv monorack

Cheers guys!!

« Last Edit: 18 April 2013, 04:25:13 pm by packie »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Parts available for Fazer 600
« Reply #1 on: 18 April 2013, 10:30:55 am »
What went wrong there then, i thought it was all running sweet?
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 April 2013, 11:27:41 am »
Aww damn, what went wrong?

How much did the scrappy give you? May have been interested in pretty much all of the bike otherwise :(

Edit: Although I just realised you are in Ireland... not too feasible for me to go pick it up haha
« Last Edit: 18 April 2013, 11:28:45 am by Dead Eye »

packie

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Bandit 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 April 2013, 12:08:36 pm »
There was a little on-going rattle on the engine which grew louder over time. It started out like a ticking sound months ago. It ended up being the big end bearing.  :eek

I'd say the bike was down on it's side with the throttle stuck open for a few minutes and the motor running without oil on one side. It was patched up I'd say and sold on to me private, without me or probably even the previous owner knowing what damage was already done inside the motor and in which would have serious consequenses down the road.  That is why I would never buy a bike again that I thought was down on it's arse, no matter how trivial the accident was.

The best option to keep the Fazer would have been to get a secondhand motor. But there are risks in doing this because I have to get one from UK and will only have photos and a persons word to go by. A warranty won't be for long either, and if the motor gave trouble after putting it into the bike, I might get my money back, but they sure won't pay £90 of my courier expenses to send it back, plus the labour time in taking the motor back out again.

But that is neither here nor there. I sick of this bike anyway. Since I had it I have been pouring money into it for this that and the other and it has been nothing but trouble from day one. But let me be quite clear that I don't think that every Fazer is like that...I just happen to get a lemon due to my own bad/rushed decision making, coupled with a bit of bad luck.

So with the money that I will get from the breakers, and if I take the money that I would have had to outlay for a motor...then I can get a nice cheap Bandit 600 for my hack again for the winter. A lot of stuff will be compatible with my Bandit 1200 like cables, levers, seat, tank ect ect. I was stupid to sell my last Bandit 600 for the Fazer to be honest given the compatibility between the two bikes, but I always wanted to try a Fazer. Well I had the experience now and don't regret it overall. When the Fazer was running right, it was a better bike to the Bandit 600. But the Bandit just has less things to go wrong IMO and is easier to work on. There are no rads, pipes or coolant to look after, no fuel pumps to pack in ect ect......just a simple no fuss air cooled bike.
« Last Edit: 18 April 2013, 12:24:40 pm by packie »

Ebme Geek

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 April 2013, 01:02:03 pm »
Very sorry to hear that   :( .  RIP

Foxwood

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 April 2013, 01:24:32 pm »
Did you have any rusting problems with the petrol tank? If not, do you know if the breaker has an email address I could write to?

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 April 2013, 01:54:41 pm »
Did you have any rusting problems with the petrol tank? If not, do you know if the breaker has an email address I could write to?

That's a different tank to yours, will it fit okay?

Foxwood

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 April 2013, 02:19:59 pm »

I'm pretty sure it'll fit. Looking at the parts catalogue, most of the attaching parts are the same and the frame hasn't (to my knowledge) changed. So it should go on nicely. And there's also some slack to be used from the rear mounting. Only the breather hoses and parts of the cock assembly have changed, so nothing that couldn't be sorted out.
« Last Edit: 18 April 2013, 03:12:05 pm by Foxwood »

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 April 2013, 02:47:03 pm »

How much did the scrappy give you? May have been interested in pretty much all of the bike otherwise :(

Edit: Although I just realised you are in Ireland... not too feasible for me to go pick it up haha

I'd love to help with this deadeye,im half an hour away from the irish ferry in Pembroke to Rosslare,plus i've got a bike trailer.i cant help thinking it still wouldnt be worth it though as the ferry is a rip off,plus fuel & i cant see on the member map where packie even is in ireland. :(
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 April 2013, 02:59:45 pm »

I'm pretty sure it'll fit. Looking at the parts catalogue, most of the attaching parts are the same and the frame hasn't (to my knowledge) changed. So it should go on nicely. And there
s also some slack to be used from the rear mounting. Only the breather hoses and parts of the cock assembly have changed, so nothing that couldn't be sorted out.

It's 4 litres bigger than your tank, be handy if it does fit okay!  :)

packie

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Bandit 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 April 2013, 03:19:12 pm »

I'd love to help with this deadeye,im half an hour away from the irish ferry in Pembroke to Rosslare,plus i've got a bike trailer.i cant help thinking it still wouldnt be worth it though as the ferry is a rip off,plus fuel & i cant see on the member map where packie even is in ireland. :(
I'm in the Southern most of Ireland, noggy. It wudnt be worth yer while. The bike is sold anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

packie

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Bandit 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18 April 2013, 03:20:29 pm »
Ha ha...your the second person asking for yer mans details after I put them in bold print in the original message!!

Foxwood

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18 April 2013, 03:50:14 pm »
Ha ha...your the second person asking for yer mans details after I put them in bold print in the original message!!

You didn't put up any e-mail address. I'm in Finland, so would rather e-mail him rather than call. Doubt he'd understand anything I said in Finglish.  :D

packie

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Bandit 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18 April 2013, 03:52:38 pm »
Btw Foxwood....

There's a chap looking for a blue tank in the "buy & sell" section and he knows about this sale...

The tank is perfect condition btw. No dents, scratches or rust.

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18 April 2013, 04:17:52 pm »

Thanks for the offer noggy, appreciate it :) But the cost is just too much unfortunately still need to make a proper list of what I need to be honest :P

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 18 April 2013, 04:24:05 pm »
I'd love the thou rear caliper but no funds just now... Sorry to hear about the problem with the bike and a shame to see it go. Hope you get something good next.  8)

Chris

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

packie

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Bandit 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18 April 2013, 04:28:05 pm »
Email attached to original post now.

reillypadraig

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19 April 2013, 09:27:20 am »
Ah Jasus packie sorry to hear that :'(,and I was mad to buy that of ya awhile ago, still would have bought it with the knackerd engine though, pity, would that chain and sprockets fit mine? I might tip down to that breakers next week and see what he has, if there is anything left of it by then, would have liked to get it complete

Andy Clap

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
    • Fazer 600
« Reply #18 on: 19 April 2013, 09:33:54 am »
Btw Foxwood....

There's a chap looking for a blue tank in the "buy & sell" section and he knows about this sale...

The tank is perfect condition btw. No dents, scratches or rust.

Yeah, I got first-dibs!!   Deal done  :D
« Last Edit: 19 April 2013, 09:47:01 am by Andy Clap »

packie

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Bandit 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21 April 2013, 02:49:37 am »
Ah Jasus packie sorry to hear that :'( ,and I was mad to buy that of ya awhile ago, still would have bought it with the knackerd engine though, pity,

Not too worry, Padraig...its only a bike. On the plus side, the big Bandit 12 is getting more use now and I had her out for a 250 mile spin today. It was like riding a Rolls Royce in comparison, to be honest. My B12 is seriously modified for comfort and for my tastes. I have a €600 gas assisted yankee rear shock with a 700lb spring, and I have modified the forks too for those potholes!!. I also have a custom made comfy seat with added foam and gel inserts for long distance touring which was made by Bagster, France. I also have one of the best cruise controls fitted for the long jaunts, along with fully adjustable handlebars with risers to suit my riding position.

Man...that motor just oozes in torque and the gearbox is super slick which sends a nice tingle up the spine every time you bump up a gear!! It kicks you instantly as low as 2,500rpm with a further noticeable kick at 4,000rpm and onwards....so its all on tap at the right revs for my style of touring type riding, which makes roll-on overtaking in top gear so effortless.

And thanks to Haynes and some Bandit forum guys which I stumbled on recently....they noticed that Mr. Suzuki was very heavy handed with their TPS adjustment and that it was set wrong, not alone subtly effecting the running of the bike, but substantially effecting fuel consumption. The adjustment on a Bandit TPS is done in a different style to the Fazer and not via one position on the rev counter. It is done with two readings off a voltometer and "maybe" allows you to adjust in a more precise fashion. It is determined by two readings....when the throttle is closed and when it is opened.

When you get your reading with the throttle closed (in my case 5.5omhs)...then you open the throttle fully an take the reading of that. It should be 76% of the throttle closed reading (above).... which would be 4.18omhs. Suzuki had this reading like about 60% and 4.5omhs, which in particular effected fuel consumption. So you open your PHILIPS screws on the TPS and adjust the TPS until its reads exactly 4.18omhs with the throttle opened...and easy one man adjustment when you have a cruise control to lock the throttle fully open!!.

With the Bandit forums guys new TPS adjustment, the bike is running slightly smoother with an increase in fuel consumption. When i'm riding about 70-80mph plus with a little venturing up to the 3 digit mark from time to time, I would be getting about 40mpg...now she's doing 47mpg which is a very acceptable return from the big 1.2ltr lump.

Ring yer man next week, Padraig...those carbs were running sweet on the bike and might sort yer little glitch out. He'd sell them cheap and he might even do a deal on an exchange for your carbs.

reillypadraig

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21 April 2013, 11:09:33 am »
If he would do a deal all the better, can't afford much these days, the problem is the carbs the other prick got we're set right but for a bike with standard pipes, I have racing pipes(apparently) and the back pressure is different, that's where I was loosing between 1-5, I raised the needles since and it works but not 100% and bogs abit at 7k.

Do you have a direct number for him or just email? We're Ur carbs jetted for the new down pipes? Will also prob get the chain if he does a good deal.

Also, does your fairings have the same plastic rivets as the box eye???? I need three rivets now :'(

packie

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Bandit 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 22 April 2013, 01:51:25 pm »
If he would do a deal all the better, can't afford much these days, the problem is the carbs the other prick got we're set right but for a bike with standard pipes, I have racing pipes(apparently) and the back pressure is different, that's where I was loosing between 1-5, I raised the needles since and it works but not 100% and bogs abit at 7k.

Do you have a direct number for him or just email? We're Ur carbs jetted for the new down pipes? Will also prob get the chain if he does a good deal.

Also, does your fairings have the same plastic rivets as the box eye???? I need three rivets now :'(

His contact details are on the first post. I'll be seeing him today in person and I'll ask what he'll do the carbs for. I dunno what way they were set up, but they ran smooth throughout all the rev range for me and I was using aftermaket downpipes and can + K&N filter. I'd  say he'd knock the rivets on the head...he probably would sell the whole screen & rivets together.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 22 April 2013, 02:42:06 pm »
Rivets for what?
I thought he meant the infill tray one's?

packie

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Bandit 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 22 April 2013, 03:31:27 pm »
Rivets for what?
I thought he meant the infill tray one's?
I mis-read it (Monday) and thought he was talking about the screen. Anyway, I can't see the boxeye and Foxeye fairing using anything the same really....I'd say a job for AJ Sutton or Fowlers.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 22 April 2013, 04:31:32 pm »
Just look up plastic rivets on Ebay, there's loads of them  :)