Date: 16-06-24  Time: 03:18 am

Author Topic: What to do ?  (Read 1607 times)

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
What to do ?
« on: 15 April 2013, 11:05:35 pm »
I've near enough finished doing what I want to do to my bike and now I've got a few bit's that I don't need (shock, bars, plastic's, bar ends, belly pan, foot pegs, seat, exhaust) do I keep them to turn the bike back to std if I ever decide to sell the bike or do I sell?

Razgruff

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Yamaha TT600R XS750
    • View Profile
Re: What to do ?
« Reply #1 on: 16 April 2013, 12:41:03 am »
Are the extras you added worth more fitted to the bike when you come to sell it, ie: will they increase the value of the bike.
Or will they be worth more sold separately and not affect the value of the bike too much because it is returned to standard.
Rarely do the add ons add their purchase value to the resale value of the bike.

What you think looks good, can be viewed as a tarts handbag by others  :eek

AdieR

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 April 2013, 12:47:26 am »
Keep the standard bits; it'll make the bike easier to sell if / when the time comes.

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 April 2013, 02:17:56 pm »
I have to agree, keeping the stuff is what I should do but this bike is a keeper 100%.
I made a mistake selling my last Fazer I'll not be making the same mistake again.
It may even be my last bike defo my last big bike, I've a C90 that I enjoy riding and as I get older I'm finding smaller bikes can be just as much fun as the big stuff.
The only real time keeping the bit's may come in handy is if I trash the bike then it would be a case of new stuff off old stuff back on and flog the carbon bit's.
I'll think on it a while longer see how I feel.

purplebear7

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Honda CB1300S & Sports Sidecar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 April 2013, 05:42:18 pm »
+1 Here for keeping all the standard kit.

A standard Bike is worth what it's worth .. no matter who the buyer is.

A bike with £1000 of extras is worth no more to a dealer .. they would much rather have a standard bike.

A bike with lots of extras needs to be 'overpriced' in a private sale if you want to try to recover some of the 'Bling' money  :\ .      You would probably do better selling the extras as 'parts' direct in here or on eBay.

Stay Safe  ;)  Trev

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 April 2013, 06:19:53 pm »
+1 Here for keeping all the standard kit.

A standard Bike is worth what it's worth .. no matter who the buyer is.

A bike with £1000 of extras is worth no more to a dealer .. they would much rather have a standard bike.

A bike with lots of extras needs to be 'overpriced' in a private sale if you want to try to recover some of the 'Bling' money  :\ .      You would probably do better selling the extras as 'parts' direct in here or on eBay.

Stay Safe  ;)  Trev

Like I say, I do agree with you all but I never intend to sell the bike, this bike will see me out, so I should never have the need for the parts and the money made from selling means I could buy the last few bits I need/want to have the bike exactly how I want it.
But then again I suppose I'd not get that much for the bits I'm thinking of selling.  :rolleyes