Date: 16-06-24  Time: 02:16 am

Author Topic: May be of interest to Bolton/NW folk.  (Read 2389 times)

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
May be of interest to Bolton/NW folk.
« on: 12 April 2013, 04:43:01 pm »
UNOFFICIAL WORLD RECORD ATTEMPT

On the 21st of May 2013 at approximately 09.00 two Honda C90 riders will set off from Beacon Hill Services, junction 51 on the A14 in an attempt to ride 1000 miles inside 24 hours.
To the best of our knowledge this has never been achieved before and as far as we can tell has only ever been attempted twice before, both times by Mick one of the riders who will be attempting again this time.
Mick, a Bolton lad, first attempt ended with him in hospital with a fractured wrist, his second attempt failed by one hour and five minutes, Mick reaching the 1000 mile target in twenty-five hour and five minutes.
The second rider Jim or Newt, as he is known by his friends from Stowmarket in Suffolk has several long distance Honda C90 rider behind him including a Lands End to John O'Groats completed in twenty hours and fifty-eight minutes.
Both rider are hoping to raise money for their respective charities, Mick will be riding for Bolton Hospice and Jim will be riding for The Children's Air Ambulance.
Both have set up Just giving sites and money can be donated here.
http://www.justgiving.com/MichaelHall780
and
http://www.justgiving.com/newtsalad 

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
Re: May be of interest to Bolton/NW folk.
« Reply #1 on: 15 April 2013, 11:23:30 pm »
Update, I've been given a football signed by the Bolton Wanderers football team so for each pound donated to the above charity I'll enter your name in a draw for the ball. £1 gives you one chance of winning the ball £10 ten chances, simples.
Hope to have some more updates/prizes over the next week or three.
Donations so far
Fazer site .....................£0
VFR site.......................£0
C90 site .......................£0
I appreciate times are hard but surely £1 should be within reach of everybody.         
Please try and help

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 April 2013, 02:19:36 pm »
Bump .................... Please.

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 April 2013, 04:27:22 pm »
I'll pledge a fiver Mick, that should cover your fuel costs for that 90 haha
Thank you sir, much appreciated.
The beauty of doing a charity ride on the 90 is that it don't cost me a fortune to do it, I'll only be looking at 10 gallon max so 55/60 quid covers it easy which I cover then all other monies go straight to the charity.  :)

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 April 2013, 06:12:27 pm »
As requested
Being honest the hardest part is getting people interested and donating, £1 would be great, imagine if everyone on here gave £1  :rollin :rollin happy days.
I hope to have a few prizes mainly football memorabilia, everyone that donates a pound will get chance to win, bit like a raffle £1 per ticket, donate a tenner get 10 tickets. Results of the draw will be put on the just giving site on the 25/5/13 4 days after the ride and then winners can contact me and I'll forward the prizes on.
Also hope to have a page where people will be able to track  mine/our progress, I'll put up the link once it's sorted.

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 April 2013, 09:44:29 pm »
Thank you sir.  :)

Tmation

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 April 2013, 03:39:21 pm »
I live in the north west, you never know when you might need these places (hopefully never)

Hope the donation helps

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 April 2013, 04:01:44 pm »
I live in the north west, you never know when you might need these places (hopefully never)
Hope the donation helps

Many many thanks, very much appreciated.

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 May 2013, 04:15:26 pm »
Less than 18 hours till the big charity ride, 1000 miles in 24 hours on a Honda C90 for Bolton Hospice
 You can follow my progress on
http://www.c90club.co.uk/viewmap.php
 Which gives detailed information, goes live 10.00AM Tuesday morning.
 Also
 https://login.findmespot.com/spot-main-web/locations/history.html?reload=true
 Basic information
 And you can sponsor me here
http://www.justgiving.com/MichaelHall780

I can feel the pain already ;-)

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 May 2013, 04:46:11 pm »
Posted this on the C90 site :)    Hello, folks got home safe and sound but stiff and sore in all the places that shouldn't be stiff or sore.

My plan seemed to change right from the off, my mates Lee and Malc came along for the ride in a back up van, I was hoping to get a tow off them and keep up a decent speed, this was to be my third and last attempt at the 1000 in 24 so wanted to make sure I gave myself the best chance of doing it.

Within the first half hour I'd relegated them to followers as I wasn't happy at not being able to see the road or control my own speed, Newt had mentioned this when we spoke earlier in the week, he was right.
I had to stops in the first hour due to headset failure, then it was all go for the next 330 miles, first petrol stop and I think this was where the tracker went down, we spent some time trying to sort it but to no avail, it may have been their or later but we defo spent 5/10 min trying to sort it, all looked ok but it wouldn't lock on to satellites.

Then at some point my phone stopped charging on the bike and it went in the van to be charged up, the phone not the bike, I set off and they had a brew and fag then came after me, I reckon this is the part where it shows me holding 70 for a considerable amount of time.

Pit stops went well but I lost time at every stop trying to either sort the phone out or get my head set working, once at Lancaster or near it, Lee suggested that we do the same loop again as Scotland would be very dark and very cold, sounded good to me.
Second lap, M6, lost Lee and Malc, never to be seen again, M5, M4, M25, got lost either on the M4 or M25 wouldn't let me go east, follow a detour some little square that I couldn't see, ended up doubling back on myself and lost a fair chunk of time, soon sorted.
M25, M1 got lost again due to time running out and me looking for a short cut.
First lap I just went M1, M18, M62, M61, M6 up to Lancaster.
Anyway I digress, M1 on to :roll: A628, big mistake, M67, M61 and up to the bike shop, landed at 11.04.

The bike was SUPERB from start to finish, 2/3 close shaves were people couldn't be bothered to move in to the next lane to overtake, and 1 MASSIVE pot hole that nearly had me off while on the A628, my spot tracker got bounced off and I got chucked forward nearly coming a cropper and knocking my mirror and Sat Nav lose at the same time, more time lost looking for my tracker but did eventually find it under a parked car.
Didn't work out the petrol but I'm reckoning on around 30 miles per litre, ish.

Sat Nav readings.

1105 Total 25hrs 4min

1000 22hrs 23min

1068 24hrs

Max speed 61.4

Overall moving time 23hrs 17 min

Overall stopped time 1hour 47min

Overall average 41.4

Moving average 47.5

That's me done I'm defo not doing it again. :D :D