Date: 23-05-24  Time: 03:46 am

Author Topic: Definition of irony  (Read 2001 times)

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
Definition of irony
« on: 16 March 2013, 03:04:00 pm »
My concern for someone's safety ended up leaving them with a head injury and a face full of cs gas. :eek  Driving home from work the other morning at about 5 am I drove past a car which had crashed into a tree on a hairpin bend about 100 yds from my house. As I drove past I noticed that there was someone slumped over the wheel, wrapped up in a blanket. I stopped, reversed up to see if they were ok when I had a gut feeling not to intervene. When I got home I started to consider the possibility that they may have banged their head and gone to sleep, which isn't good. So, I called the non -emergency police no. and expressed my concern. They thanked me for my call and said they would send a squad car to check up on them. A little while later I heard some shouting so walked down the country lane to see what was going on. I was confronted by the site of two policemen wrestling with the occupant, covered in blood from a nasty head wound from the driver they had just gassed. One of the officers had also suffered from the effects of the gas. I asked if they were ok and wether they needed assistance. They seemed to have things under control but my presence gave the gassed policeman the opportunity to recover  by slumping over his bonnet with his head in his hands. As I stood there amongst this rather bizzare looking scene watching the pool of blood from the mans head getting larger, I couldn't help thinking he was probably alright before  I called it in, just drunk and fast asleep. How ironic. :\
« Last Edit: 16 March 2013, 03:19:55 pm by dazza »

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
Re: Definition of irony
« Reply #1 on: 16 March 2013, 03:13:22 pm »
There's obviously more to this than meets the eye Dazza, you did the right thing.
What if that guy got the car started, then mowed down a few people because he was plastered, or just stayed there and died.
Looks like either way, you've saved at least one life. Good effort!:D

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

caretaker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - TL125 frame!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 March 2013, 05:17:17 pm »
you should have left me alone. i was just having a bit of shut eye and these two cops turned up!

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 March 2013, 06:20:16 pm »
you should have left me alone. i was just having a bit of shut eye and these two cops turned up!
    :rollin

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 March 2013, 06:57:27 pm »
Another definition is England going into the final game of the 6 Nations aiming for a Grand Slam, and coming out the other side with a record points haul by Wales against England ever.
Well done Wales. (And i'm english) :'(
« Last Edit: 16 March 2013, 06:58:24 pm by Skippernick »
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

Chillum

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Currently bikeless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 March 2013, 07:20:09 pm »
I'm not going anywhere near a pub tonight (live near Porthmadog)

Fortunately we move out of this hole in a couple of days.

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 March 2013, 07:36:25 pm »
I'm not going anywhere near a pub tonight (live near Porthmadog)

Fortunately we move out of this hole in a couple of days.

:rollin :rollin
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

glynblue2

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 March 2013, 10:50:34 pm »
From what you have written theres no confirmation of the man being drunk? so why is it that when people dont behave they are presumed drunk,he may have been ill ? just me being pedantic...

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16 March 2013, 11:44:46 pm »
Whatever happened, you did the right thing. Much better to call the police to check something out than leave it if you're not sure.

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 March 2013, 12:50:20 am »
From what you have written theres no confirmation of the man being drunk? so why is it that when people dont behave they are presumed drunk,he may have been ill ? just me being pedantic...
You are of course, totally right. There was no confirmation of him being drunk, I only repeated what the police told me. However, he could have been just an extremely grumpy person when woken up or suffering from a mental illness as I have no doubt that the police wouldn't have used the force they did unless they felt threatened.  He was pretty much subdued by the time I got there but displayed all the traits of someone that was worse for wear. More important than all of that was all the shouting going on and the fact that my gut feeling told me not to intervene and that has never let me down. ;)

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 March 2013, 05:28:16 pm »
a you should have taken a video of it so we could all have a nose. :lol
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)