Date: 01-06-24  Time: 12:31 pm

Author Topic: Tyre mileages  (Read 7895 times)

dom1980

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
Re: Tyre mileages
« Reply #25 on: 26 November 2013, 08:18:43 pm »
I just bought Pirelli Angel GT. I don't need to change tyres pressure for riding with passenger. Just one set up. If you ride with passenger they are higly recommnended. Do not buy old model tyres like BT 20 or 21. Compare to latest models they are rubish.

expatmanxman

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 29 November 2013, 08:41:48 pm »
One of the problems with a forum discussion is that you have no idea whether or not the people posting know what they're talking about. Because they all pronounce their opinions as fact we assume they do know what they're talkng about when as often as not they don't. A classic example is the last post declaring BT012s are rubbish compared to the latest tyres. What a load of old toot. In reality there are very few bad tyres out there (again, I might be talking twaddle like so many others) and some of the older models represent a real bargain simply because they are no longer in fashion. One generation out of style tyres were the dogs danglies only a couple of years ago. Top class riders like journalists and test riders thought they were brilliant so they haven't suddenly become rubbish. If you are that good a rider that you can actually make use of the difference between most modern tyres then you're a riding god and should be working for Michelin or Dunlop. The tyre that suits you best is the one you like the feel of and that meets your requirements with regard to the life/grip trade off. If you want to do high miles buy accordingly, if you want sticky grip and don't care about the cost, choose a sporty tyre, but take what people tell you about the tyre they use being the one and only with a pinch of salt!!!

robby boy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Sprint ST 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 30 November 2013, 12:01:21 am »
Just realised I have not added to this post since fitting the pr2's. done about 1500 miles on them, (mostly Sunday run outs(blasts)). So far very pleased with them, bike now off the road for some TLC, paint touch up rear swing arm grease, service etc, can't wait for Springtime to come round to get some more mileage on bike and see how they do.

If you worried about falling off your bike, you'd never get on.