Date: 16-06-24  Time: 01:13 am

Author Topic: Rad Hoses  (Read 84301 times)

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Rad Hoses
« Reply #250 on: 28 March 2013, 07:06:51 pm »
No worries buddy, only joking!  :D

Hahaha! His Dudeness, that sounds like a fun game, most minging coolant wins a prize, a free hug from Darrsi  :b

Also first person to get the radiator pipes fitted wins a prize, another free hug from Darrsi, he just can't give enough love  :lol

Chris

Whatever will mrs darrsi think when she sees him hugging all these burly biker men  :eek

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 28 March 2013, 07:10:51 pm »
Nice one Mr Nog! I was begining to think the bike had fallen on you or you'd spent the whole day sniffing the pipes or something... haha!

Now stop being such a wimp and get the pics up! Hahaha!

Chris!

Is there a Mrs Darrsi? I guess it's one of lifes unsolved questions!  ;)
« Last Edit: 28 March 2013, 08:35:05 pm by Chris »

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 28 March 2013, 08:26:47 pm »
Right ill post what ive got but it aint much & the pics dont quite do justice to how good they look,

Ill try multiple pics at same time but im a bit kiffed at posting 1 pic at a time so please bare with me..

5 months hiding the bike from the grit & in the quest to get a pic tonight i was haunted by that bastd gritter,bloody typical :finger to you mr grit!!!!
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 28 March 2013, 08:32:43 pm »
bloody gritter, my little black fiesta didn't stand a chance at staying black for long... washed and sparkling then within 24 hours it was pure filth...  :(

Looking forward to the pics  :D

Chris

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 28 March 2013, 08:38:10 pm »
So heres what i got so far.

First 4 pics.

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 28 March 2013, 08:41:09 pm »
Awesome work buddy!  8)

How does it feel to be the first fazer 600 to have them on in the world, ever!?

Chris

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 28 March 2013, 08:42:15 pm »
Shit i even got some o those the right way up,its this piss pot ipad,not sure what way is right way up on it.poxy device.

Anyway heres the next 3.

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 28 March 2013, 08:44:36 pm »
They look so good man!!  8)

Chris

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 28 March 2013, 08:55:38 pm »
Last 3 pics now.

Ill get some more decent ones when its daylight again coz in daylight you could see the ones under the tank, it looks really good,

I'll post up my 'experience' too once i've recovered a bit......lets just say......im glad it wasnt an absolute fiddly,painful,ball ache,messy job!!!! ;) ......oooooooh a cud crush a grape!!!!then go to the mall  :2guns

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 28 March 2013, 08:57:57 pm »
Fantastic mate, I is doing mine tomoz hopefully

Daz
She Ain't Exactly Pretty, She Ain't Exactly Small, Fourt'two Thirt'ninefiftysix

You Could Say She's Got It All.

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 28 March 2013, 09:04:46 pm »
Looks fantastic mate! Well done!

Chris

swem

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - honda 400/4 supersport
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 28 March 2013, 09:20:04 pm »
my red (fastest colour :woot  ) hoses arrived today    cant wait to saturday to fit them      :D :D

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 28 March 2013, 09:23:27 pm »
my red (fastest colour :woot  ) hoses arrived today    cant wait to saturday to fit them      :D :D

Pretty sure you can't top the blue ones for speed but let the pictures do the talking boys! haha!  :lol

Chris

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 28 March 2013, 09:30:12 pm »
Hey daz are you happy to run the gauntlet blindfolded,its possibly the best idea i would say, if you do need to know any of my 'highlights' then im happy to furnish with such.such things as:-

Point 1-i shoulda got the extra clips with the kit,the existing ones were cruddy,rusty bitches & if i coulda cut some o them off i would have,but i needed them .like an alky needs his tin o super kestrel!!!

Point2-i had a strange mixture of jubilee & quick release squeezy clips,naturally many of the jubilee clip screwdriver receivers were well out of reach or at stupid crazy angles,blocked by the frame or the down pipes.plus the quick release ones coulda done with being jubilees coz where they were i couldnt get the needle nose pliers in far enough or open wide enough to then slide the wee foccers up or down the pipe.

Thats just the start :b

But im done now 8)

Time for a beer !!!

Bet you didnt know im actually a sideways gravity defying,beer drinking dog!!!!! :eek
« Last Edit: 28 March 2013, 09:33:28 pm by noggythenog »

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 28 March 2013, 09:38:37 pm »
 :rollin  I will be following suit tomoz night hopefuly. You sexy ankle biting ginger.  :lol

Daz
She Ain't Exactly Pretty, She Ain't Exactly Small, Fourt'two Thirt'ninefiftysix

You Could Say She's Got It All.

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 28 March 2013, 09:41:19 pm »
Bet you didnt know im actually a sideways gravity defying,beer drinking dog!!!!! :eek

I had my suspicions! Hahaha!  :lol

Chris

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 28 March 2013, 10:24:13 pm »
nice one noggy! the jubilee clips come off with a 6mm socket as well as the screwdriver

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 28 March 2013, 11:01:51 pm »
Awesome work buddy!  8)

How does it feel to be the first fazer 600 to have them on in the world, ever!?

Chris

It makes me feel like Skeletor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil

« Last Edit: 28 March 2013, 11:11:39 pm by noggythenog »

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 28 March 2013, 11:29:22 pm »
Hahaha! That is a good feeling!  :b   :lol

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 29 March 2013, 05:59:53 am »
If you want good photo's of your bike at night, i accidently found out that if you park the bike under the over hanging roof of a supermarket, by the external cash point for instance, they have loads of spot lights that can really bring out the best of things  :D
You feel a bit of a berk doing it, and it freaks people out at the cash point if you've still got your lid on, but what the hell  :photo

All the better if there happens to be a semi naked 20yr old Page 3 model standing nearby collecting for the Salvation Army willing to drape herself over your bike, all for a good cause of course  :b

« Last Edit: 29 March 2013, 07:46:11 am by darrsi »
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 29 March 2013, 07:45:28 am »
If you want good photo's of your bike at night, i accidently found out that if you park the bike under the over hanging roof of a supermarket, by the external cash point for instance, they have loads of spot lights that can really bring out the best of things  :D
You feel a bit of a berk doing it, and it freaks people out at the cash point if you've still got your lid on, but what the hell  :photo

All the better if there happens to be a semi naked 20yr old Page 3 model standing nearby collecting for the Salvation Army willing to drape herself over your bike for a good cause  :b

This 20 year old,it sounds like you talk from experience,which tesco is that then,im there!!!.....im really charitable......& stuff :b ......ill slip her a .......donation.

I also heard that the government have got a good deal on night time shots of yur bike,all ypu gotta do is 140 down the m4,no hassle either they jus send it to you in the post & ask for a donation themselves. :D

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 29 March 2013, 07:59:11 am »
Mornin rad monkeys......

For anyone trying this out, if you also plan on flushing out the coolant system which i did then beware the following awkward hose.its possibly just like this on my bike alone for whatever reason or it could be for all of that year but anyway it's the hose on the underneath of the coolant resorvoir which you're supposed to disconnect to allow the old coolant out.

Good old mr haynes shows a nice pic of the hose being just passed the oil filler cap & within easy reach to get at,he also shows 1 piece of hose coming from the resorvoir & then a join in the hose within reach which is where you would disconnect.

However as you can see i had 1 continuous hose & its in a really awkward position to get to,after an age i decided that even if i did get it off i wouldnt manage to get it back on & yes it would be an easy mod to add a join to the pipe but i got focced off & bought an oil draining cylinder hand pump thing & sooked it out from the filler cap instead,hardly worth it seeing the tiny amount that came outta the resorvoir but i wanted all the old stuff out.

P.s-when you click on the picture it will go back to being the right way up as i took it!!!! :lol
« Last Edit: 29 March 2013, 08:00:55 am by noggythenog »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 29 March 2013, 08:12:41 am »
Your photo's are starting to throw me a bit, 'cos i never know which way i'm s'posed to view them from?  :photo

I never bother flushing the expansion tank out personally.

I do put Radflush in though and leave it in for 2 or 3 days so the engine heats up and cools down a few times and it gets to move around the radiator properly for a decent clean out.
But it's not recommended to do that in this unsettled cold weather, because there will obviously be no antifreeze/coolant in the system, and you really don't want a block of ice in the morning.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 29 March 2013, 08:24:39 am »
Your photo's are starting to throw me a bit, 'cos i never know which way i'm s'posed to view them from?  :photo

I never bother flushing the expansion tank out personally.

I do put Radflush in though and leave it in for 2 or 3 days so the engine heats up and cools down a few times and it gets to move around the radiator properly for a decent clean out.
But it's not recommended to do that in this unsettled cold weather, because there will obviously be no antifreeze/coolant in the system, and you really don't want a block of ice in the morning.

Ha ha,seriously if you click the pic it goes right way up,i should really ask the admins.

I cant believe you've uttered the words 'i never bother'.....you feelin ok today darrsi ;) ,when I was doing it i actually considered foccin it off but this little darrsi devil :evil  popped up by my shoulder saying 'what you playin at noggy, do the job properly or i'll somehow notice!!!' Ha ha

The old stuff was clean,but it was green & new stuff was orange so not sure what colour id end up with,probably grorange!!!!once it was all flushed out i did the old rock the bike back & forth plus every rad hose i took off had some old coolant in or released a bit more pressure & more came out the drain hole.

Lastly i flushed out the system using the garden hose down the filler cap,cheers mr haynes for that one :eek

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 29 March 2013, 08:32:59 am »
The Radflush tip is a good one, i think on the actual instructions it says something daft like let the bike tickover for 10+mins or take for a 20 mile ride, but i'm sure the heating up/cooling down process helps to dislodge crap from the walls of the water passages.
It's always the way i do it anyway.  :)