Date: 15-06-24  Time: 23:51 pm

Author Topic: My Crash at 60mph.  (Read 9065 times)

xlewisbdx

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
My Crash at 60mph.
« on: 12 January 2013, 12:28:11 pm »
Description Says - Yes I was over-cooking it and I payed the price. Enjoy the vid at my expense.

Motorcyclist crashes at 60mph.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: My Crash at 60mph.
« Reply #1 on: 12 January 2013, 01:03:59 pm »
PLEASE TELL ME THIS ISN'T ANOTHER CRASH ???  :rolleyes
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Mark YPVS

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - R1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 January 2013, 01:07:05 pm »
Thats not enjoyable, hope youre ok mate?
Much damage to the bike ??
Mark

xlewisbdx

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 January 2013, 01:13:32 pm »
PLEASE TELL ME THIS ISN'T ANOTHER CRASH ???  :rolleyes

No, this from a bit ago.

xlewisbdx

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 January 2013, 01:15:25 pm »
Thats not enjoyable, hope youre ok mate?
Much damage to the bike ??
Mark

I was fine. Bike had about £300's worth of damage though :(

justy1

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - fzs 600 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 January 2013, 01:37:18 pm »
60! bit fast for the weather mate. :eek

more to the point, how come i didnt slide down the road like you did?  :rollin :rollin :rollin

justy1000

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 January 2013, 01:45:42 pm »
Oops. :lol

I'm sure you know what you did wrong... obviously 60mph would have been excessive in the dry, let alone in conditions like that. It looks very much like a 30mph zone, so I hope no police are watching.

Apart from speed, your road positioning wasn't ideal. The centre of the lane usually has slightly less grip than the bits to the left and right where the car tracks run. The middle accumulates a greasy layer from leaking sumps and truck differential gearboxes. It's not a hard and fast rule... on roads that haven't been resurfaced in a long while those zones become slightly sunken and can have a greater depth of water... in frosty conditions the warmth of passing vehicle engines can thaw the centre out first, it's all part of "reading the road". In this case I'd have said positioning closer to the crown of the road should have given you a little more grip and, as it was a left hand bend, a slightly better view. It would have also given the car driver a fraction more opportunity to spot you before he pulled out.

xlewisbdx

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 January 2013, 02:08:37 pm »
60! bit fast for the weather mate. :eek

more to the point, how come i didnt slide down the road like you did?  :rollin :rollin :rollin

justy1000

Because it was chucking it down and I was aquaplaning??

JZS 600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - VFR 1200 FD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 January 2013, 02:18:32 pm »
Jesus man, were you alright?

I fractured my hip a couple of years ago at 40 mph. I did go over the top of the bars though.

xlewisbdx

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 January 2013, 02:19:52 pm »
yeah, I am fine now. This was last year :)

JZS 600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - VFR 1200 FD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12 January 2013, 02:30:17 pm »
Well thank the lord, it could have been worse,,,,

comicsans

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 January 2013, 02:43:35 pm »
where you tempted to turn it into a streetfighter after this?  :rolleyes

xlewisbdx

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12 January 2013, 02:47:50 pm »
Well thank the lord, it could have been worse,,,,

Indeed

where you tempted to turn it into a streetfighter after this?  :rolleyes

Yes, glad i didn't though :)

Panthor

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
My Crash at 60mph.
« Reply #13 on: 12 January 2013, 03:32:01 pm »
Just out of curiosity did that cage driver drive off or did they stop and see if you we're ok?

packie

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Bandit 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12 January 2013, 06:24:42 pm »
You're haunted....I did this damage at 30mph with all Dianesse protective gear on. Was out of work for nearly 3 months.

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
My Crash at 60mph.
« Reply #15 on: 12 January 2013, 07:00:00 pm »
I tell ya wat fella they must make em tough in Rotherham, you one looker foccer I can't understand why the front just washes out more or less in a straight line, you brake heavy but there was no skid just washed straight out unless one caliper ain't working 100% as per the other causing the front to twist under hard braking than it would wash out !

justy1

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - fzs 600 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12 January 2013, 07:41:55 pm »
I tell ya wat fella they must make em tough in Rotherham, you one looker foccer I can't understand why the front just washes out more or less in a straight line, you brake heavy but there was no skid just washed straight out unless one caliper ain't working 100% as per the other causing the front to twist under hard braking than it would wash out !

mine did that. straight line, damp conditions 15 mph. some stupid bitch opened her car door, i brake & the front just went. snapped the ball of the top of the humerus! :thumbdown

to top it all the bitch looked at me, jumps back in her car & f*cked off & left me in the middle of the road! >:

good to see you werent to badly hurt.

justy1000

xlewisbdx

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 January 2013, 07:47:33 pm »
Just out of curiosity did that cage driver drive off or did they stop and see if you we're ok?

He stopped I took his details. Looked at the footage and took it no further because I was speeding. Lesson learned.

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12 January 2013, 07:51:37 pm »
You're haunted....I did this damage at 30mph with all Dianesse protective gear on. Was out of work for nearly 3 months.

is that bruising on your legs? how did that happen?

rjd1

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12 January 2013, 10:47:03 pm »
poor riding skill`s i`m afraid too fast for condition`s and road position as said,easily avoidable
glad yer ok though

Panthor

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
My Crash at 60mph.
« Reply #20 on: 12 January 2013, 11:52:17 pm »

He stopped I took his details. Looked at the footage and took it no further because I was speeding. Lesson learned.
Glad you were ok from it and learnt a valuable lesson that we can all learn from. At least he did stop to see if u were ok as I know I had a similar spill when I used to ride a scooter and the guy just drove off!

packie

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Bandit 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 13 January 2013, 01:43:31 am »

Bruising on the whole leg top to bottom. Happened in June and the knee is still swollen and filled with hot stinging fluid. Had it drained by injection about 6 times, had 5 steriod injections in the knee and i'm still swallowing anti-inflamatries for the last 7 months.

Some twat lost his rubbish load off his trailer in the middle of the road....about 5 bags of it in total. There was huge 2 foot metal canisters in some the bag. I was behind about 4 cars so my vision was impaired up ahead as to what was coming. Every car drove over the rubbish because in was in the middle of the road and didn't really effect them. No hazzards or warnings from the cagers ahead. Hadn't a ghost of a chance of avoiding them when they appeared from under the last car in front of me. The front stepped out and I belly splashed straight onto the tarmac like the wrestlers King Kong Bundy and Big Daddy.  Cudn't find who was responsible & insurance will only cover bike damage. My injuries & expenses has costed me about two grand to date. But I guess one can be thankful that i'm above ground and still breathing.

Ben600

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - 2xDucati ss, DRZ400 hondaXR400
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 13 January 2013, 12:51:58 pm »
I found that the Fazer is the weakest link in a crash! This is mine after a collision with a tw@ van that pulled straight out!

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13 January 2013, 01:57:00 pm »

Bruising on the whole leg top to bottom. Happened in June and the knee is still swollen and filled with hot stinging fluid. Had it drained by injection about 6 times, had 5 steriod injections in the knee and i'm still swallowing anti-inflamatries for the last 7 months.

Some twat lost his rubbish load off his trailer in the middle of the road....about 5 bags of it in total. There was huge 2 foot metal canisters in some the bag. I was behind about 4 cars so my vision was impaired up ahead as to what was coming. Every car drove over the rubbish because in was in the middle of the road and didn't really effect them. No hazzards or warnings from the cagers ahead. Hadn't a ghost of a chance of avoiding them when they appeared from under the last car in front of me. The front stepped out and I belly splashed straight onto the tarmac like the wrestlers King Kong Bundy and Big Daddy.  Cudn't find who was responsible & insurance will only cover bike damage. My injuries & expenses has costed me about two grand to date. But I guess one can be thankful that i'm above ground and still breathing.

that was unluckly lad. fierce looking bruising. think that's probably happened to everyone at least once where something pops out from under a car that you weren't expecting and all you have time to do is say to yourself oh fook! and then wack

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 13 January 2013, 02:02:20 pm »
I found that the Fazer is the weakest link in a crash! This is mine after a collision with a tw@ van that pulled straight out!

feck that was a bad one! fazer Vs van. there's only going to be one winner. what sort of speed was that at?