Date: 16-06-24  Time: 06:27 am

Author Topic: Front Fork Question  (Read 805 times)

packie

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Bandit 1200
    • View Profile
Front Fork Question
« on: 12 January 2013, 09:41:31 am »
I have the 02 Foxeye model with the adjuster caps. The stanctions are badly pitted on one fork and could go on the other fork down the road. I picked up a mint and complete pair of forks, but for the older model fazer. Rather than changing stanctions, it would be a lot easier to just plonk these new forks in. Question is...can the adjuster caps be made to work on the older forks without much hassle also?

Motorbreath

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - YZF1000R ThunderAce
    • View Profile
Re: Front Fork Question
« Reply #1 on: 12 January 2013, 10:06:58 am »
Yes, it is very easy. It can be done even with the forks installed to the bike. Just open the cap, remove the spacer and spring (they are shorter in the adjustable forks) and put the spring and upper bits of your previous fork instead. 10 minutes work. I did something similar to my ex-non adjustable forks.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 January 2013, 01:08:14 pm »
WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT WHEN I SWAPPED MINE FOR AN OLDER PAIR?  :rolleyes

More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

packie

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Bandit 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 January 2013, 06:40:51 pm »
Yes, it is very easy. It can be done even with the forks installed to the bike. Just open the cap, remove the spacer and spring (they are shorter in the adjustable forks) and put the spring and upper bits of your previous fork instead. 10 minutes work. I did something similar to my ex-non adjustable forks.

Brilliant Motorbreath....I was hoping it would be as something as simple as that. That's going to make my life REAL easier.

Cheers,
Packie