Date: 01-06-24  Time: 13:34 pm

Author Topic: Lack of power!  (Read 8783 times)

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
Re: Lack of power!
« Reply #50 on: 08 January 2013, 11:34:51 pm »
I had a ride of my mates Hornet today. Hornets my dream bike :)

I want one, that is all.
and a not so happy Fazer rider  :'(
Aspiring to a lower model of motorcycle  :rollin

My bike is a 1998 his is a 2006
Your point is ???  :)

xlewisbdx

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 09 January 2013, 12:16:02 am »
It's shiney! And newerererer!

Fordy

• Cager in Training
  • 01 FZS
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 09 January 2013, 04:51:33 am »
i had mine restricted havn't herd of the factory restricted ones i took mine out myself i got 110 when they was in that was with head down 33bhp to 95bhp is a big difference when i took them out i couldnt stop smiling, every1 told me to respect the bike and im glad they did.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 09 January 2013, 06:53:11 am »

Elbow grease is what you need......
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 09 January 2013, 12:54:43 pm »
So you want to upgrade to a shiner newer but lesser bike  :eek

Lawrence

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 09 January 2013, 01:13:00 pm »
Just buy some polish.  Or stop worrying about how it looks and just ride it  :lol

CharlieDee

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 12 January 2013, 11:20:03 am »
I had a ride of my mates Hornet today. Hornets my dream bike :)

I want one, that is all.

You can't say that on here, that's blasphemy...... :eek

Once you have the Fazer de-restricted im more than sure it will give the hornet a run for its money... I opted for a fazer over the hornet due to the fazer been so much better in acceleration and handling....   every one to their own I guess..... :lol

If the price is right when he sells it in May, well, bye bye fazer  :'(
I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

dave8204

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Knackered Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 28 January 2013, 06:53:28 pm »
I had a MK 1 Fazer that I did 30,000 in 3 years on.Loved it but wanted a change so chopped it in for a Honda 600F4. Hornet was a lovely bike but you had to thrash it to get anywhere quickly,however once it was "wound up" it was great fun and very,very quick around the twisties.Let the revs drop though and and you'd have to frantically knock it down a couple of gears.It was pretty much like riding a 2 stroke,a lot "sportier" than the Fazer but in reality no quicker as the Yamaha had vastly superior low and mid-range grunt.Also thrashing a Hornet trashed the fuel consumption and  I once had the fuel light come on 80 miles from a full tank when it was more like 100 in more normal use,still pretty pathetic compared to 180 miles I used to do on my Fazer between fill ups.
Had the Hornet for 3 years as well but to be honest there wasn't much it did that the Fazer didn't do better.It looked a lot nicer and was brilliant around town or for blasting along B roads if you could afford to keep it in petrol but the Fazer was a lot more practical,I'd go anywhere on the Yam,I used to avoid Dual Carriageways on my Hornet,let alone motorways,as it was a pain going up and down through the gearbox all the time and the complete lack of wind protection was a real pain as well.I'd go for the Fazer over a 600 Hornet any day.
I currently ride a 900 Hornet,both previous owners are mates of mine so I've ridden the bike since it was new and can directly compare it to my old Fazer.Well the bikes perform very similarly and the 9 is a lot easier to live with than the 600 Hornet but in all honesty the only way it's significantly better than the old Fazer is with the build quality,over 30,000 miles in all weather,never been garaged and it still runs like new and polishes up like new,my old Fazer wasn't bad but not made to the same standard.600 Hornets after the F3 are made in Italy and whatever Honda will try to tell you about superior build quality I'd say Yamaha are now better with Kawasaki and Honda just above Suzuki.My F4 was a rotbox and I don't neglect my bikes.