Date: 15-06-24  Time: 23:28 pm

Author Topic: Lack of power!  (Read 8933 times)

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
Re: Lack of power!
« Reply #25 on: 08 January 2013, 12:48:20 am »
I had a ride of my mates Hornet today. Hornets my dream bike :)

I want one, that is all.
Are you for real or what  :eek

xlewisbdx

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 08 January 2013, 12:57:03 am »

I want one, that is all.
Are you for real or what  :eek

Deadly serious.

If it wasn't for me rushing into buying a bike so quickly after I sold the ER-5, I would be on a Hornet.

Why what is so bad about them??

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08 January 2013, 01:30:09 am »
But you've still not ridden a true Fazer in all it's glory yet?
You haven't tweaked, upgraded, done this, done that?
You'd be downgrading, seriously?
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

comicsans

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 08 January 2013, 09:49:58 am »
man the unristricted fazer is a beast i tried explaining it to my girlfriend as warp 10 +1 hehe

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 08 January 2013, 11:18:41 am »
man the unristricted fazer is a beast i tried explaining it to my girlfriend as warp 10 +1 hehe

COMICSANS..........could you explain this too XLEWISBDX......hes thinking of getting a hor**t !!!!!......soon get fed up with going        s    l    o    w      and stopping for fuel   ;)
One, is never going to be enough.....

xlewisbdx

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 08 January 2013, 11:23:12 am »

Explain how to Fazer is so much better than the Hornet. Honestly I want to know.
I really want to take my restrictors off! Stupid License!

COMICSANS..........could you explain this too XLEWISBDX......hes thinking of getting a hor**t !!!!!......soon get fed up with going        s    l    o    w      and stopping for fuel   ;)

Fuel would be an issue. They do silly amounts of MPG

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 08 January 2013, 11:35:14 am »

Explain how to Fazer is so much better than the Hornet. Honestly I want to know.
I really want to take my restrictors off! Stupid License!

Fuel would be an issue. They do silly amounts of MPG

small tank and slower........between the three budget bikes....hornet.bandit and fazer,the fazer comes out on top every time  ;)

xlewisbdx

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08 January 2013, 11:38:44 am »
I know my Fazer will leave a bandit off the line and wave bye bye, but I have never raced a hornet on full power.

The only one I have raced is my mates. He has gone up 3t on the rear and down 1t on the front, so that will obviously be quicker.  :)

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile

comicsans

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 08 January 2013, 01:42:48 pm »
i have to say before i had the restrictor removed yesterday morning i was really disapointed with the post... after! wow completly different bike i actually couldnt believe it! trust me once the 2 years are up and you can do it you will see. I was leaving my mate on his bandit 650 for dust! lol

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 08 January 2013, 01:51:38 pm »
i have to say before i had the restrictor removed yesterday morning i was really disapointed with the post... after! wow completly different bike i actually couldnt believe it! trust me once the 2 years are up and you can do it you will see. I was leaving my mate on his bandit 650 for dust! lol

:D :D :D :D  grin factor 10   :D :D :D :D

comicsans

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 08 January 2013, 02:43:04 pm »
lol for some reason i just put disapointed with the post  :rolleyes i meant to write power lol

must be all that power jiggling my brain about  :lol
« Last Edit: 08 January 2013, 02:45:49 pm by comicsans »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 08 January 2013, 03:02:08 pm »
lol for some reason i just put disapointed with the post  :rolleyes i meant to write power lol

must be all that power jiggling my brain about  :lol

You could always edit your last power.....sorry, i meant post  :lol

comicsans

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 08 January 2013, 03:04:39 pm »
lol i know but it had already quoted it with the wrong spelling by the time i realised  :rollin
« Last Edit: 08 January 2013, 03:10:38 pm by comicsans »

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 08 January 2013, 03:28:01 pm »
oh yes...the fazer has lots of useable posts.......clock up a few miles and then update your power  :rollin :rollin :rollin

Jc72

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 08 January 2013, 03:30:49 pm »
I've had a hornet, bought new in 99. With the 16 inch front wheel, more flickable than the fazer, don't know what newer ones with 17 inch wheel are like, but also more twitchy, doesn't take much to get a dangerous weave going when your giving it some around the bends, could never figure out if it was the tiny alloy frame flexing or the suspension, a tiny bit quicker of the mark than a fazer, and I mean tiny, rubbish tank range, most I had was 95 miles, worst 52 miles, top speed about 130.

Now fazer, I've got the fox eye model, comfiest due to the fairing, more stable and harder to upset in bends, closer to 150 top end, and the brakes are much better than the hornet,

It depends what you want out of a bike, the fazer is more user friendly, better for distance, the hornet made me more of a hooligan, not that I need much encouragement  :evil [size=78%] and hornets don't crash very well [/size] :'(
Some songs are very very long, but this one isn't !

Lawrence

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 08 January 2013, 03:58:15 pm »
rubbish tank range, most I had was 95 miles, worst 52 miles :'(
:eek  That's awful!  Best I've had out my the Fazer is around 240 when the light came on.  Under 120 would drive me loopy as that's my commute :D

comicsans

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 08 January 2013, 03:59:00 pm »
lol is this pick on the new fazer rider day!

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 08 January 2013, 04:38:11 pm »
lol is this pick on the new fazer rider day!

No, we're just pointing out a few things to Lewis and suggesting he should persevere with the Fazer.
All good things come to those who wait.... :)

markbubble

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - heinkels,excelsiors
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 08 January 2013, 05:15:48 pm »
iv been riding bikes 24 years now and the fazer is the best all round bike and grin factor iv ever rode its great for the ride to work and back with good fuel econamy and comfort etc and a blast for the summer(wen its here!) for more speed etc,it does everything i need it to do but a restricted one will of course be slower and maybe less fun in some ways but in my opinion the restriction on your(and others)licence is there for good reason as you are learn to ride a bike(and you will keep on learn your life) i sadly lost a friend when he was 18 mainly due to him jumping from a 125 to a 750 and the speed was too much for him and he lost it,i worked up in small stages and im glad i did as these bikes are bloody fun but can be bloody dangerous to newish(and not so newish )riders
id say bide your time with your restrictors and then after you got a couple of years of learn to ride remove restrictors and see how great the fazer is in full power mode,if your a speed freak id sugest go get yourself booked in on a race day at a track as much safer tan been on the road!

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 08 January 2013, 06:42:38 pm »

I want one, that is all.
and a not so happy Fazer rider  :'(
Aspiring to a lower model of motorcycle  :rollin
« Last Edit: 08 January 2013, 06:43:57 pm by unfazed »

xlewisbdx

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 08 January 2013, 06:55:05 pm »

I want one, that is all.
and a not so happy Fazer rider  :'(
Aspiring to a lower model of motorcycle  :rollin

My bike is a 1998 his is a 2006

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 08 January 2013, 07:03:33 pm »
if you've got ages to go on your restriction get a 250. you're stuck at 33hp so all you can do to improve things is get a lighter bike. plus smaller capacity bikes give you a much greater sensation of speed than larger capacity bikes. doing 60mph on a 250 feels like 100mph on a big bike

Yamazer-92

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TL1000S
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 08 January 2013, 07:24:53 pm »
The best review I found of these bikes was in ride magazine, I have it somewhere was a great read. Whilst I'm new to this forum and have only been on an unrestricted licence for a few months myself, I have been riding for 4 years and am lucky enough to have "test ridden" a few mates full power bikes. For me personally, I am extremely pleased that I settled for the Fazer because as a bike it is the best all round package, is comfortable, really is fun to ride and inspires me with confidence. On my budget it was a choice of Fazer, Hornet, SV and dare I say it....bandit.

Hornet from the off was an instant no, I just really didn't feel comfortable on it and thought it was too small (I am 6 foot 4). It is a good little bike no doubt, I agree with the hooligan comment, it is light and powerful but that isn't really my style and I would buy a supermoto for that, plus having a mate crash his at 110mph from a random tank slapper was a big eye opener.  :eek

My dad has an SV, I have ridden it on a few occasions and it is great fun, probably more so than mine in certain situations. Sounds lovely, handles and pulls well but fells a bit weezy the faster you go. His looks great but some look a bit strange in my personal opinion, doesn't feel as well built to me as the Fazer either but would be my 2nd choice.

Not as of yet ridden a bandit but a lot of my friends had them and they all put me off unfortunately. As bikes they all feel very heavy and bulky, plus all my mates crashed theirs for various dodgy reasons, mostly riding like idiots so probably unfair to attribute that directly to the bike. One of my mates does have a nice one though which he bought in May and is the mark 2 faired version, he has never been on a Fazer so we're going to have a little test of each others soon once I weld my down pipes up next week so that I can say I have tried them all. I like his bandit but doubt I would ever own one. Another mates GSX 1400 that he kindly let me try on the other hand! Pwhoar..... ;)

JZS 600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - VFR 1200 FD
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 08 January 2013, 07:51:56 pm »
I'm having more fun on my Fazer than what I did on my ZX-6, probably because I'm not inclined to go everywhere at warp factor 10 and also it's sweet handling.

Now the ZX-6 was a great handling tool but it always wanted more! In the end I thought Foc that, I was going round corners and roundabouts at insane speeds and still never found the limit on public roads.

I chose life!