Date: 15-06-24  Time: 02:30 am

Author Topic: wanted - fairing  (Read 649 times)

Gromit

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
wanted - fairing
« on: 03 January 2013, 11:51:25 am »
Hey guys. Im after the headlight fairing and right side infill for a 2000 fzs600. Got hit off last week and all my hard work for the respray has been ruined. Mines repairable but think its time to invest in some new plastics. Colours not an issue. Please help.

bwizz

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 02
    • View Profile
Re: wanted - fairing
« Reply #1 on: 05 January 2013, 05:47:37 pm »
Maybe telling you how to suck eggs but here goes. I had a slight accident recently which left the fairing damaged on the N/S
at the time I thought the obvious crack was trhe only damage. Luckily I came across a slightly damaged O/S fairing on e bay
this I repaired and aerosol resprayed over a few days.. Thinking it would be an easy hour or so of  job to swap fairings . I  started the dismantle. only to find the clock mounts broken in 3 places. Luckily I was able to repair these with araldite . Then I found the the one of  mirror mounts was bent . and then broke in the process of trying to staighten . luckily my inlaw has a welder so I was able to get that done FOC .I had not taken into account how crucial these mounts were in aligning the whole fairing. If not straight the fairing infills won't fit ! Eventually I was able to get the whole thing together again , but it took a lot longer than I could have anticipated. If you get another fairing ,double check that all the mounting lugs are intact.
My old repaired fairing is on the site for sale. Fairings are expensive new good luck, mine's a foxeye type!