Date: 15-06-24  Time: 05:01 am

Author Topic: Happy Birthday Fazer! & Winter Solstice  (Read 1503 times)

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
Happy Birthday Fazer! & Winter Solstice
« on: 21 December 2012, 09:34:27 am »
10 years ago today the first owner of my bike rode out of George Whites Swindon on his shiny new bike. Just a thank you to him & the other two subsequent owners for looking after my pride & joy so well before i brought her home in August 2011. Thank you for all the aftermarket items & the service stamps in the book & for all the meticulous & thorough cleaning.
I remember seeing the new FZS thou in a showroom in 2001 & lusting after one but was shocked at the asking price which was way beyod my means then. 9 years later the price was affordable & the bike positively beckoned me into the shop! Like most I regret a few things in life but this was one of the best decisions Ive ever made.
Thanks for all the helpful advice & (mostly) friendly banter on the forum. Have a very Happy Christmas & hopefully a really good 2013! :lol The days will start to get lighter after today.

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Fazer! & Winter Solstice
« Reply #1 on: 22 December 2012, 07:12:21 am »
verily ......its still possible to buy some very decent looking  FZS at around £2k on ebay , obviously some buyer beware and all that ....but one hell of a lot of performance for so little money.

Though I do have to say when you do ride a modern bike now, you can tell the big difference in sophistication- electronics/ steering / suspension / ergos.....But stick some decent sussies and an Ivans on any old stocker and its amazing what it can do on roador even a track....then add in its allrounder ability , and its still ( 12 yrs on) a fantastic buy.I dont have any plans to let mine go just yet.

JZS 600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - VFR 1200 FD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 December 2012, 03:28:06 pm »

OK, slightly random but hey!

Jethro Tull Rare Promo Vid for Solstice bells 1976

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 January 2013, 11:16:56 pm »
10 years ago today the first owner of my bike rode out of George Whites Swindon on his shiny new bike. Just a thank you to him & the other two subsequent owners for looking after my pride & joy so well before i brought her home in August 2011. Thank you for all the aftermarket items & the service stamps in the book & for all the meticulous & thorough cleaning.
I remember seeing the new FZS thou in a showroom in 2001 & lusting after one but was shocked at the asking price which was way beyod my means then. 9 years later the price was affordable & the bike positively beckoned me into the shop! Like most I regret a few things in life but this was one of the best decisions Ive ever made.
Thanks for all the helpful advice & (mostly) friendly banter on the forum. Have a very Happy Christmas & hopefully a really good 2013! :lol The days will start to get lighter after today.
If only, GW delivered it to Bolton with a dud battery and 2 small scratches on the frame, one near the allen screw top of the tank, the other on the right hand cross member frame type thingy that I covered with a alarm sticker. I didn't get to ride it until they sent a fresh battery up, then it snowed for what seemed like months, I think I get the first service done about 4 month  after I bought it.
Fair play to them though they did offer to replace the frame, then came and picked it up for the first service and left me with a CB500 until they dropped it off again a week or so later.
We defo hve to meet up come summer, the brews are on me. :)
I think ESB serviced it for a while after that.

The Rocketeer

• Pacman
    Cymru am byth
    Askin' for a foccin' bannin too
    Really geeky & crap
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ROCKET 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 January 2013, 12:21:47 am »
Play a good tune on an old fiddle  :)
Anatidaephobia: The fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you.

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 January 2013, 09:13:09 am »
And theres me thinking "hes a hard man riding mid-December from the softie-South to the Bolton Tundra!"
Just to let you know, Mick, I stripped out the swing-arm and rear suspension pivot bearings-cleaned inspected & regreased. Also front fork oil changed-dont know when/if it had been done previously,also stripped head bearings for clean & regrease. So its all ready to retax in a few weeks. Bike is nicely tucked up in warm with Optimate charger. Have just repaired some stress cracks around bellypan mounting holes. The Staintune can still looks & sounds good!-nice choice.
like the look of your "added bling" photos but youd better destroy/hide the invoices from SWIMBO! :lol
Will post some pics of WV52 when I sort out my PC.