Date: 15-06-24  Time: 22:23 pm

Author Topic: Ivanised Gen 1 owner in Lancs?  (Read 3343 times)

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
Ivanised Gen 1 owner in Lancs?
« on: 16 December 2012, 09:06:56 pm »
Is there anyone with an Ivanised  Gen 1 in the Lancashire area? I'm doing a little comparison against my Gen II 2010 to see what bike would suit me better. ;)
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
Re: Ivanised Gen 1 owner in Lancs?
« Reply #1 on: 16 December 2012, 09:30:49 pm »
bit late now aint it l,ol
www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 December 2012, 09:50:09 pm »
It's never too late to change. Only took the gen II because it was a cracking business deal.  :D

MadDogMcQ

• Club Racer
  • Horwich, Bolton, NW UK.
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - CB250N
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: 17 December 2012, 10:40:58 pm »
I have one - live in Bolton, BL6 6HR.

Wanna race?  :lol :rollin :lol
QUENTIN TARANTINO - HALLOWED BE THY NAME!

MadDogMcQ

• Club Racer
  • Horwich, Bolton, NW UK.
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - CB250N
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: 17 December 2012, 10:43:11 pm »
Seriously though, I think the Gen II is a great looking bike. Just a shame that it's (reportedly) a bit of a screamer to get to the power. I'm not a fast rider, so the Gen-1i  low down grunt is perfect for me.

Hey! I just came up with a name for Ivanised Fazers!

iFazer   :rollin
« Last Edit: 17 December 2012, 10:46:04 pm by MadDogMcQ »
QUENTIN TARANTINO - HALLOWED BE THY NAME!

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 December 2012, 12:26:33 am »
ifazer??? comments like that dont FAZE me  BOOM BOOM! :lol
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 December 2012, 02:07:44 am »
 :rolleyes oh dear.

The Gen II is a cracking bike, mine having the uprated ecu giving more bottom end apparently. It's main let down is the appauling fuel consumption, and very short tank range!  35 mpg, and100 miles if your lucky to the fuel light.

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 December 2012, 10:40:02 am »
Fuel was the main reason i didnt get one,that and its butch looks.i cant comment on the fun factor cos i havnt ridden a gen2 YET!!!!!!
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

mickdel

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 December 2012, 12:53:04 pm »
Gen 2,  2 sporty for me.  Had an r1 and the sporty attributes soon lost their attraction due to my size, and general fatness  :'(   Switching between r1 and gen1 was like switching from a racing speedboat, to a big cruiser.  I've not ridden a gen2, but sat on a few and found em too small.
Head Focced

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 December 2012, 03:27:50 pm »
Exupnut, I can smell a north west rideout brewing  :D

As for me fitting on the gen II, well I'm 6'1" with 36" inside leg. I almost ride it curled up in a ball :lol :lol It handles just like an R1 though, its razor sharp :)

I find myself riding at really low revs all the time trying to save fuel, and that's not how a litre bike should be ridden :(
I do love the looks though, mines got the belly pan on which finishes the bike off perfectly.

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 December 2012, 07:08:12 am »
Yep . lets meet up and ride out north Wales,Anglesea,,, lets see them bikes go-----------

Actuallly be interesting to try out same but different :evil

Oh and your bike will easily do 140 =150 to the tank,and still have a couple of litres in,try it.
I have to test mine now i have a 16 tooth front sprocket to see how much less it will do.

Billy
« Last Edit: 19 December 2012, 07:10:23 am by slimwilly »
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 December 2012, 08:32:03 am »
A rideout round blackpool would be great in the new year mate. I have a friend lives in southport who i could see one evening then meet up in morning for a blast round your way.  :rolleyes

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19 December 2012, 01:32:45 pm »
Sounds good to me. Let's hope for a dry and fairly warm day for Blackpool prom. It's Baltic in the winter!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22 December 2012, 07:36:16 am »
Steve
" you canny change the laws of physics"....

much of the reason for poor fuel consumption is the way you rev the engine.The stock gen2 is very revvy , needing a lot of revs all the time. It shocked me when I had mine how much different it was to the gen1.HOWEVER...there are things you can do, as if you have an ivanised gen1 and use it hard , it too will drink the fuel.Its all down to throttle use.Its a 1000cc petrol converter , the harder you use it , the more fuel you will use.I find it easier to be throttle cautious on a gen1 cos it has much more low rev torque. The power curves for both bikes cross at around 10k rpm, the gen2 having less all the way up to then.So you need to drop a cog on the rear sprocket , check yer air filter is in tip top condition, and try to short shift instead of screaming.
It is possible with mods for a gen2 to achieve similar fuel consumption to a gen1 on a tour, I have proven this with Dek who rides a gen2, when we have ridden on euro tours together . At fuel stops we generally put the same quantity of fuel in each bike for any given speed.Much of the time we are cruising at legallish speeds, and both bikes have similar consumption , around 45 mpg.... The gen2 suffers from a smaller tank though.
However once we get on the motorway and speed ups, consumption drops quite dramatically. At 100 mph its only around 35 to 40 mpg.

My GS has an accurate fuel trip computer and its consumption varies from up to 60 mpg at 55 mph( gentle touring)  to 38mpg  at 100 mph.....big engines used hard will drink fuel.   :(

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22 December 2012, 10:33:57 am »
Yeah, I appreciate that Pitternator. I've owned a few litre bikes over the years, and used one for my 30,000 mile per year commute for a few years. (Sailsbury to Blackpool every weekend)

Every single one of my litre bikes have been better than this on fuel, and for a modern machine, the Gen II should be a lot better. My '98 R1 S/fighter did 45 mpg, only dropping to 40 when I rode hard. Even my Aprilia Futura did 40mpg at a steady 85, and the fuelling on that was hideous! My Tiger 1050 got ridden quite hard, and that registered 42 mpg average.

My brother in laws Mille (my wingman) does 40mpg too, and that gets a good kicking! (not so much now he has his racing chip installed, more like 30mpg :eek )

If you look at my fuelly , I am getting used to the way the bike rides, and how to use it effectively. My first fillup got me only 33 ish mpg, and I was devastated!! I commute 40 miles daily at the mo, so it is a big issue. Got 47 mpg out of it riding like a nun, but who gets a litre bike to do that??? Averaging 40ish at the mo riding fairly normally which I'm happy with.
I just wanted to see if the Gen I would be a better bike for the way I ride and what I use it for, but the more time I spend on the Gen II, the more I love it and start to ignore the fuel figures. I've also got my sons Fazer 600 in the garage that I can use as he's taking a break from riding :rolleyes , I might just use that on my work shifts when I can't 'enjoy' a litre of fun.

I can still smell a new years rideout in the North West though. :lol :lol

wfbroddy

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 23 December 2012, 09:41:51 am »
It is possible with mods for a gen2 to achieve similar fuel consumption to a gen1 on a tour.......

Sorry for the hijack
But what mods ?

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 25 December 2012, 11:01:32 am »
It is possible with mods for a gen2 to achieve similar fuel consumption to a gen1 on a tour.......

Sorry for the hijack
But what mods ?
+1 on that.

wfbroddy

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25 December 2012, 10:12:49 pm »
Woohoo nae hijack :-)

Happy Yule folks