Date: 29-05-24  Time: 07:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

29 May 2024, 07:06:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Members
  • Total Members: 7,335
  • Latest: 1w9
Stats
  • Total Posts: 325,876
  • Total Topics: 27,807
  • Online today: 681
  • Online ever: 1,160
  • (21 May 2024, 01:50:44 am)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 356
Total: 458
kebab19
Unknown spider (73)
Unknown robot (21)
Google (2)
Bing (5)

356 Guests, 1 User (101 Spiders)
kebab19, Unknown spider (73), Unknown robot (21), Google (2), Bing (5)

Author Topic: who has the LOWEST GEN1 mileage?  (Read 4298 times)

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
who has the LOWEST GEN1 mileage?
« on: 10 December 2012, 09:53:03 pm »
7056 beat that if u can foccers!! (feelin slightly superior lol)
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

FuZzBoM

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: who has the LOWEST GEN1 mileage?
« Reply #1 on: 10 December 2012, 10:10:58 pm »
7452  :'(

I think we may need to look into new engines soon with staggering miles like that on them..
It only had 5000 in May when i got it.. if only i hadn't done that trek around Ireland.

Mine is a 51 plate, how old is yours?
« Last Edit: 10 December 2012, 10:11:49 pm by FuZzBoM »
Lord,
Grant me the WD-40 to move those things that are stuck, the Duck tape to fasten those things that are loose, And the wisdom to know the difference.
Amen

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 December 2012, 10:16:23 pm »
03. urs is 2 yrs older so we can call that even.. only jokin :rollin MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!
post a pic  tho would be nice to see ur bike
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

old son

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - ZX10R
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 December 2012, 07:16:13 am »
55 plate, 2032 miles.............

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 December 2012, 08:09:13 am »
Now why would anyone buy a mile-muncher like the Fazer & :eek NOT RIDE IT? :rolleyes

Lez72

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 December 2012, 08:30:02 am »
Now why would anyone buy a mile-muncher like the Fazer & :eek NOT RIDE IT? :rolleyes

Well mines on 10,005 on an 02 plate and i thought that was low but some of the above are astounding. In answer to Dave48, I think life sometimes gets in the way of actually being able to go out and have a play. For me personally, i have never had to use a bike to get to work and i wouldn't want to. Who wants to go out and ride in the crappy weather we are having at the minute ? Its freezing, it's wet and the quality of car/lorry/bus drivers etc seems to be at an all time low. If thats your thing then fill your boots  ;)

When i occasionally get time off from work i don't always feel like going for a ride but its nice to know i have the option to if i want to. Besides (again, for me personally) i actually like having a pristine bike that will reach classic status one day and i get as much satisfaction just owning and cleaning it as i do riding it. The FZS1000 is without doubt one of the best motorbikes ever built. Seriously, i'm not just saying it because i have one. Those who have owned a number of different bikes will appreciate where i'm coming from  :D
Yamaha Fazer 'the only bike you'll ever need' maybe ???

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 December 2012, 09:19:52 am »
I too am a leisure only rider these days and bloody glad I dont have to venture out on the roads in awful conditions anymore. Its bad enough watching the idiots in their cars & gets worse this time ofyear with all the distractions/pre-occupations with xmas approaching.Season of Goodwill  :eek to all men?-not round here it isnt!
When I got my 52 plate  august 11 it had covered 22000m in under 9 years. It is now showing 24500 but the poor summer weather didnt help. Now tucked up warm for the "Cage" season! :lol

Capt

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 December 2012, 04:44:28 pm »

Well mines on 10,005 on an 02 plate and i thought that was low but some of the above are astounding. In answer to Dave48, I think life sometimes gets in the way of actually being able to go out and have a play. For me personally, i have never had to use a bike to get to work and i wouldn't want to. Who wants to go out and ride in the crappy weather we are having at the minute ? Its freezing, it's wet and the quality of car/lorry/bus drivers etc seems to be at an all time low. If thats your thing then fill your boots  ;)

When i occasionally get time off from work i don't always feel like going for a ride but its nice to know i have the option to if i want to. Besides (again, for me personally) i actually like having a pristine bike that will reach classic status one day and i get as much satisfaction just owning and cleaning it as i do riding it. The FZS1000 is without doubt one of the best motorbikes ever built. Seriously, i'm not just saying it because i have one. Those who have owned a number of different bikes will appreciate where i'm coming from  :D
Well said,................................12K on a 52 plate!  Covered 10K in 9 years, I'm not bragging more the opposite & would be more if the feckin sun shined more.

jackojet

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2015 R1 and 2015 speed triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 December 2012, 07:07:04 pm »
05 gen 1 8752 miles! :D

zednine

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Tribsa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 December 2012, 09:01:35 pm »

old son

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - ZX10R
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 December 2012, 09:16:59 pm »
Because he has two!! The other one is on 67000 miles. It's used every day. How often do you ride yours?

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 December 2012, 07:50:27 am »
touring tends to screw up the mileage, my relatively low miler 04 I bought in 08 had just 8k on the clock then....but 4 big foreign trips, plus lots of pleasure riding has walloped that up to 37k !
Still a very sweet riding bike though.  :)

bludclot

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12 December 2012, 10:34:40 am »

[/size]Is it this one now on ebay  .... ( nothing to do with myself by the way )[/size]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-Fazer-1000-2007-07-Reg-1-Owner-from-New-Under-3000-Miles-/181038456750?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item2a26bb9fae

it might be super low miles but like so many bikes it's obviously been in a rear end collision as the lower rear mudguard is missing.....
is it clean enough?

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 December 2012, 09:09:59 pm »
FOC its been cold these last 2 weeks on the bike @ work...BRRRRRRRRR . but do-able with the kit i have.

The one thing that we all must do as responsible owners of very powerful bikes is ride within our comfort zones wether it be  weather or skill. the more we ride the more skillful we become and so therefore are better able to handle adverse weather conditions..NOTHING BEATS EXPERIENCE.  i have been a despatch rider for 20 years and while i love the job and would thrash many bigger bikes and most of u foccers in traffik i still am at a disadvantage when judging fast corners or getting the bike down. i have probably clocked up more riding time and mileage than many on this forum put together but would still be bettered by most of you on the bends..we have different skillsets thats all.

the only other bike i owened was a fazer 600 original and i put 297,000 miles on that B4 it fell apart so i knew that i wanted to go to a litre. i looked for a long time and saw many bikes B4 i saw the one i bought. the fact that it had been sorn 7 outta its 9 years and was mint with only 2500 on the clock swung this purchase for me..i wanted something i could be proud to ride (and clean/lick clean lol) and that it turns heads makes me feel good (bit of a poser u see lol) its brilliant to ride brilliant to look at and it REALLY DOES DO IT ALL IN STYLE.

i put 3500 miles on it in the year i had it because i will only ride it in the dry and only with others because i enjoy it more.all week i ride company bandit on my own and while i love it i find it uninspiring. i have friends who regularly piss of to the nurburgring or do track days on their r1/gixer/zx10 or whatever but it just aint me.YET lol my brother got a fazer 6 3 yr ago when he passed his test on my reccomendation then sold and bought a thou gen1. he wrote it off after 6 mnth and the day after the crash got another of ebay. he lives nr royston and commutes to radlett and in 2 years he out rides me(his is ivanised) and gets the foccer down lower and pisses me off regular lol BUT his bike looks like a piece a shit haha

i will get the measure of this bike and would like to ride with other foccers hence my post LONDON FOCCERS in the meet section

to the guy who posted 55 plate 2092 miles.......I HATE YOU  :lol

james43

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - A cage eugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12 December 2012, 09:11:08 pm »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-Fazer-1000-2007-07-Reg-1-Owner-from-New-Under-3000-Miles-/181038456750?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item2a26bb9fae

Am I right is that an 07 plate GEN1 ?????

Thought they changed on an 06  to gen2 could understand a 56 but an 07 ??

Mines a Gen1 55 plate with a mere 33k . lol

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 12 December 2012, 09:25:28 pm »
it was probably registered in 07 or a number plate retention (bit like water retention but without the pain) :lol
but it is not an 07 bike as we all know

Lazarus

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12 December 2012, 11:22:42 pm »
not often you see a group of guys boasting how small theirs is :D
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride!"

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13 December 2012, 10:12:25 am »
i put 297,000 miles on that B4 it fell apart so i knew that i wanted to go to a litre.
:smokin Holy sh1t dude, your the high mileage god! (and I thought that I'd done a lot!)
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

Lawrence

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 13 December 2012, 10:46:48 am »
i put 297,000 miles on that B4 it fell apart so i knew that i wanted to go to a litre.
:smokin Holy sh1t dude, your the high mileage god! (and I thought that I'd done a lot!)
:eek What major work did it need in that milage?

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 13 December 2012, 08:42:46 pm »
apart from normal servicing and adjustment and consumables, just the gearbox @ 180,000. thing is ...i didnt thrash the dogs of it..just distance riding for fuel economy and it was 200 miles per tank give or take 10 miles right until it died. shit lights tho..i would say dangerous but i tried phillips bulbs and burnt the casing so £300 quid later i got em wired up so both came on then 2 regulator/rectifier later got em done properly.