Date: 17-06-24  Time: 07:44 am

Author Topic: An example of just how stupid some drivers are  (Read 978 times)

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
An example of just how stupid some drivers are
« on: 17 November 2012, 02:09:39 pm »
Enjoying a beer or three in a bar in Byfleet last night and observed this.

The road outside the bar is a 3 lane one-way system but the two outside lanes are parking areas.

Along comes matey boy in his souped up Fiat and the front offside wheel detaches from the drive shaft leaving him stranded in the centre lane.

Now there was already a car parked in lane one alongside him, he is now blocking lane two with his hazard lights on...........................................and in the hour he was stuck there, SIX cars drove up and parked alongside him with no realisation that they had completely blocked the road????

Each time the driver had to stop them leaving and point out why they should move. Even when a bus came along another cager parked up blocking the road???????????????

No wonder there are so many "accidents" when drivers do not use simple logic to evaluate their situation and assess possible dangers.
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!

Pat

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: An example of just how stupid some drivers are
« Reply #1 on: 17 November 2012, 07:26:56 pm »
Reminds me of one Saturday a few years back, I was driving up the M1 & the warning signs were showing "Motorway closed after next junction"  so I got over into the LH lane expecting it to be chaos as everyone tried to get off, but it wasn't much more busy than normal & most of the traffic carried on up the M1!

Now I could understand if it said "Motorway busy, expect delays" or " one lane closed" that some folk would think that it was worth risking a delay, but which bit of 'closed' didn't they understand?  :rolleyes

After a bit of cross-country improvisation I made it to Leicester without too much delay & the next day's news was full of people moaning about how dreadful it was that they'd been stuck on the M1 for hours, personally I'd have gone along & revoked all their licences on the spot for driving whilst stupid & put them on a bus home....  :)