Date: 01-06-24  Time: 12:18 pm

Author Topic: anyone tried a honda nc700 yet  (Read 1868 times)

blackcabbie

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - rd350lc, rd400c
    • View Profile
anyone tried a honda nc700 yet
« on: 02 November 2012, 08:28:16 pm »
hi

you probably think i'm mad, but i'm seriously considering trading my gen 1 fazer 1000 for a honda nc700s.... I'm gonna get a test ride soon, but wonder if anyone else has tried one..... As i'm getting older i find i rarely take the fazer over 5k revs, and quite fancy the idea of a bike where all the torque is delivered between 3-5 k revs.... nc on the honda stands for new concept and its supposed to be great fun and fast, shortshifting through the box at 5k revs, coupled to tha fact that all the weight is low, it supposed to change direction really quick as well.

i have an rd400, and a rd350lc, and find i enjoy riding these more than the fazer latley, for me its not about outright speed anymore.... i must be getting old.

oppinions please

dave

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
Re: anyone tried a honda nc700 yet
« Reply #1 on: 02 November 2012, 08:55:34 pm »
You're mad :pokefun

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 November 2012, 11:07:20 pm »
I have test ridden one,I ride a hornet at the moment and reading how the NC has power equal to the cbf600 up to 85mph I thought I would give it a go. Interestingly I found in general riding the bike was running to the rev limiter just before I was ready to change up, me gauging in my hornet riding habit. So the gear change was only a little sooner than I often change on my Hornet. It was a great bike as I filter through the traffic and was comfortable. The top speed is limited but above legal. I decided in the end that although 80mpg was very attractive I would miss the get up and go of the hornet in the twisty roads and up the hills. I have decided that when there are NC700 several years old on the market I would buy one as a second bike with the longer trip and back and forth to work in mind,

MadDogMcQ

• Club Racer
  • Horwich, Bolton, NW UK.
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - CB250N
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: 03 November 2012, 08:45:09 am »
Mate of mine tested one. He wrote about it on his blog. HERE!

He rides a Fazer normally.

Tom
« Last Edit: 03 November 2012, 08:50:47 am by MadDogMcQ »
QUENTIN TARANTINO - HALLOWED BE THY NAME!

Slaninar

• GP Hero
  • Lookin' like a streak of lightnin'
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • BikeGremlin
« Reply #4 on: 03 November 2012, 04:27:00 pm »
hi

you probably think i'm mad, but i'm seriously considering trading my gen 1 fazer 1000 for a honda nc700s.... I'm gonna get a test ride soon, but wonder if anyone else has tried one..... As i'm getting older i find i rarely take the fazer over 5k revs, and quite fancy the idea of a bike where all the torque is delivered between 3-5 k revs.... nc on the honda stands for new concept and its supposed to be great fun and fast, shortshifting through the box at 5k revs, coupled to tha fact that all the weight is low, it supposed to change direction really quick as well.

i have an rd400, and a rd350lc, and find i enjoy riding these more than the fazer latley, for me its not about outright speed anymore.... i must be getting old.

oppinions please

dave

No honda 700 experience. However (this might be off topic) I completely understand you. Last weekend I took a ride with a friend, on his Suzuki GN125. He enjoys speeds of about 40-50 kilometres per hour (30 mph).  It was a motorcycling ZEN!  I did take off twice on some nice twisties, waiting for him, but apar from that - enjoying the scenery and just... riding. Nice and easy (nature is very nice by the Danube riverside roads).

But fazer still covers 99% of my riding desires quite well. The only thing that would make it 100% perfect would be some 30 kilos less weight and cheaper plastics so I can ride twisties without fear of repair costs when sliding. :)
Most things done in a hurry need to be done again - patiently.

fireblake

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 November 2012, 05:49:01 pm »
Hey Maddog, your mate has written a really good review there, and covered all the relevant points. Nice one.
Sent from my villa in the South of France.

blackcabbie

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - rd350lc, rd400c
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 November 2012, 07:12:21 am »
thanks for the replies.....maddog, i read that blog, and also other tests posted on youtube. the general opinion is pretty positive, i'll have to get a test ride sooner rather than later....wont change, ( if i do ) until next year, as it must be worse time to sell a bike at the moment.

thanks all