Date: 16-06-24  Time: 10:35 am

Author Topic: Dropped it :(  (Read 6742 times)

Fazer Jake

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Dropped it :(
« Reply #25 on: 24 October 2012, 08:19:17 pm »
Nah, he is a riding god - who obviously hasn't fully come to terms with what karma is... hope he doesn't find out anytime soon!

i've had two offs, happens to the best of us, but dropping it on a corner like that to me is something you'd expect from a learner on their CBT.

Remember to plan ahead before a maneuver and you shouldnt have problems.

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Dropped it :(
« Reply #26 on: 24 October 2012, 09:38:05 pm »
I had to watch it several times I thought it was a set up, even my gf who does not ride a bike said that's not real !   

xlewisbdx

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 24 October 2012, 10:13:19 pm »
Unlucky mate, still shit happens least your ankle wasn't crushed! I once forgot my sidestand on the strand, got off the bike to hear crash and was left red faced(under my scarf) to a few onlookers :o -thankfully it was just a cb500 rat bike!
A little off topic but what make/model is that helmet cam? ...I'm seriously tempted by one before I go back to despatching.
Cheers, BozBoz  :)

Drift HD helmet cam

xlewisbdx

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 24 October 2012, 10:13:45 pm »
I had to watch it several times I thought it was a set up, even my gf who does not ride a bike said that's not real !

I wouldn't drop my bike on purpose!  :rolleyes

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 25 October 2012, 01:23:13 am »

Probably not ! But you got to admit the f-ing and jeffing make it all look comical, and the way you dropped it look suspicious !  I thought it was a stunt bike crash bars lack of panels !!

ponkster

• Weekend Warrior
  • Grumpy Old MF
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - VN 1500 P1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 25 October 2012, 06:51:15 am »

Probably not ! But you got to admit the f-ing and jeffing make it all look comical, and the way you dropped it look suspicious !  I thought it was a stunt bike crash bars lack of panels !!

I’m glad I not the only one who thought it looked a bit sus - Just convinced my self I was just being an old cynic!
"Don't Die with Fun in the Bank!"

Slaninar

• GP Hero
  • Lookin' like a streak of lightnin'
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • BikeGremlin
« Reply #31 on: 25 October 2012, 11:37:36 am »
You should always make sure to be in the gear before turning (leaning) the bike. However, it happens to me to not do it in time, or do it in the middle of a corner. Not wise, I know it's wrong and sooner or later such falls happen with that kind of practice, but we all make mistakes. You paid for your experience cheaply, hope you won't doo something like that again. Nice video. :)
Most things done in a hurry need to be done again - patiently.

Fatherbiker

• DAS Born Again
  • My cat climbed in and sat looking at me!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 29 October 2012, 06:54:44 pm »
Hope you and your bike were ok mate? I had a bad off at 0 mph with the bike falling on my right leg badly breaking it and that i admit was completely my own cock up due to being in 2nd gear instead of first and stalling the fookin thing!....By the way, where's your leathers??? Come off at any speed and say hello to you own bones as they come through your skin and jeans!... Ride safe my friend.
Live life, Love life.

xlewisbdx

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 29 October 2012, 08:18:57 pm »
I don't wear leathers unless I am in the bedroom. :lol

Kevlar jeans my friend.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 30 October 2012, 12:58:54 am »
Too much information me thinks........do you fall out of bed often?  :lol
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 30 October 2012, 06:45:54 am »
Brings a whole new meaning to "Protective RIDING Gear!" :lol

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 30 October 2012, 03:58:40 pm »
I almost came off the other day, heavy(ish) braking in a straight line and either the front locked up or tyre broke away but whatever happened i got a mini tank slapper on the go, instinctively or uncontrollably put my foot down to stabilise and ive parted the sole of my boot from the toe, im sure it'll glue back on!

I wasnt going terribly fast at that point but the boots defo saved me some broken toes at least.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Fatherbiker

• DAS Born Again
  • My cat climbed in and sat looking at me!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 30 October 2012, 06:37:16 pm »
Glad to hear you have at least got kevlar jeans mate. Leather in the bedroom eh?......Mmmmm difrent thinks i......Might try that...lol :lol 
Live life, Love life.

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 30 October 2012, 07:37:03 pm »
Ayup fella, I just noticed you saying I don't like that ! Before the bike went down, I also notice the rd surface has pot holes ! Maybe sent you off balance ! Get a claim into your local council for any damage.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 30 October 2012, 07:58:41 pm »
@cable tie, the only proof he has is that video, and anyone who watches that video can see that it was basically rider error, there is no claim to be had?
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

richfzs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 30 October 2012, 08:24:48 pm »
No, claim, claim, its a win win situation! Except for the rest of the country, who has to pay increased insurance premiums (or council tax, in this case) as a result of foccing ridiculous claims, like this one would be. Stupid suggestion, claiming for that accident, focs sake  :grumble

xlewisbdx

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 30 October 2012, 10:45:25 pm »
Ayup fella, I just noticed you saying I don't like that ! Before the bike went down, I also notice the rd surface has pot holes ! Maybe sent you off balance ! Get a claim into your local council for any damage.

I said I don't like because I had the rear wheel off and forgot to pump the rear brake.

No, claim, claim, its a win win situation! Except for the rest of the country, who has to pay increased insurance premiums (or council tax, in this case) as a result of foccing ridiculous claims, like this one would be. Stupid suggestion, claiming for that accident, focs sake  :grumble

Worth putting a claim in???