Date: 01-06-24  Time: 16:27 pm

Author Topic: MOTORCYCLE SHOW NEC  (Read 7810 times)

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: MOTORCYCLE SHOW NEC
« Reply #25 on: 29 October 2012, 08:15:39 am »
be good if more folk stay away ...more space for us diehards !

FuZzBoM

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 29 October 2012, 12:54:08 pm »
 The irony is that if say half the expected attendance went along the show would probably be dropped because it wasn’t commercially viable..
OR Less attendance would drive the price of the tickets up to cover costs. Then you would have manufacturers pulling out because the cost would outweigh the benefit of taking all those bikes to a show and paying for staff etc.

On a side note as much as I love my Fazer and use it as often as I can I draw the line at trying to use it when I need to do the weekly shop or there is a layer of snow on the ground.
Hang on.. I enjoy driving my car as well!! Does this make me double wrong??? I may have to sell both and see about getting a helicopter licence.  :lol
Lord,
Grant me the WD-40 to move those things that are stuck, the Duck tape to fasten those things that are loose, And the wisdom to know the difference.
Amen

Pat

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 29 October 2012, 06:07:40 pm »
The irony is that if say half the expected attendance went along the show would probably be dropped because it wasn’t commercially viable..
OR Less attendance would drive the price of the tickets up to cover costs. Then you would have manufacturers pulling out because the cost would outweigh the benefit of taking all those bikes to a show and paying for staff etc.

On a side note as much as I love my Fazer and use it as often as I can I draw the line at trying to use it when I need to do the weekly shop or there is a layer of snow on the ground.
Hang on.. I enjoy driving my car as well!! Does this make me double wrong??? I may have to sell both and see about getting a helicopter licence.  :lol

I reckon they'd just reduce it from the current 9 days to 4 or 5 like the other European ones. 

Even the Milan show only runs for 4 public days & that's huge, 3-4 times bigger than the NEC one & it's all show (i.e. display), not mostly made up of stalls flogging tat cheap, really does makes the NEC one look like a badly run church jumble sale in comparison.

I went there in 2007 flew out first thing in the morning & back the same evening,  worked out cheaper going there from London than going up to the NEC show!  :)

rayburn600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger Sport- V-Strom
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 30 October 2012, 09:36:48 pm »
I sent an e,mail to the NEC asking them to justify their charges as respect entry & parking.

Here is their reply.

[font=]
Good Afternoon Ray,

Thanks for your email.

Having only recently been made aware of the increase in the parking charges ourselves we are unfortunately tied to accept the charge this year. We are doing our utmost to try and find ways to give visitors alternatives to both visiting the show by car and also offer alternative parking facilities. We provide free of charge bike parking and have detailed alternative transport methods and parking facilities both on our website and social networking platforms to try and give visitors more choice and less costs. When booking a ticket in advance parking can also be purchased at a slightly reduced cost of £9.00.

Our ticket price of £16 remains extremely competitive when looking at other shows (Autosport £31, Good Food Show £21.50, Classic Car Show – starts at £18.50), and indeed our visitor research indicates that we give value for money on entry fees. The show does not charge for any additional features once in the show, novices, kids and experienced riders alike are able to have a go whilst at the show and also take in the Ramp’d Up Freestyle Motocross Arena – a 30 minute show with some of Europe’s best freestyle riders. As the industry show we are also supported by major manufacturers bringing their full range of models to the show – all things not available under one roof anywhere else in the country.

I do hope that the parking and associated costs won’t be a barrier to your visit as that would be such a shame . We are hoping to bring a fantastic show to visitors with everything once inside Free of charge – to ensure we deliver maximum value for money on the ticket price. Please be assured we are looking at ways of alleviating/reducing the parking cost for visitors going forward.

Thanks for getting in touch – and by copy of this email I have included the NEC customer service team so they are able to respond to you directly to justify their parking charges.

Kind Regards,
Gina
Gina Evans
 Marketing Manager

So how would You reply to their e,mail?[/font]
« Last Edit: 30 October 2012, 09:39:45 pm by rayburn600 »

DryRob

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - SV650s
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 31 October 2012, 11:42:47 am »
A more important question is why is secured parking for all motorbikes not guaranteed?
thou shalt not kick

rayburn600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 31 October 2012, 01:02:09 pm »
 Another reply, this times from the NEC .
Dear Ray
Thank you for your feedback regarding the price of car parking at The NEC which has been forwarded to us at the venue to respond to you direct. I am sorry that you feel the car parking charges are too high. We have undertaken regular checks to make sure our car parking charges compare favourably with other similar venues.
This is the first price rise we have instigated in five years – with the customer experience always at the forefront of our minds; we conducted a survey to make sure we exceed our customers’ expectations. To improve the customer experience, we have completed some improvement works over the summer which includes investing in new pedestrian signage from the car parks to the venue and upgraded buses offering our visitors modern and environmentally friendly vehicles which will carry more passengers. We believe that the £10 we are charging (£9 in advance for the Motorcycle Show) provides good value for all day parking at a site with such excellent connectivity.
We acknowledge that it is difficult for visitors to accept price rises, especially during these difficult economic times, but as a venue we need to keep investing to ensure we offer our customers the best experience they can possibly have when they visit us. We are also keen to offer customers more choice – Express Parking is now available and visitors will be able to choose the new pre-booked option or choose from the thousands of standard parking spaces provided on site. You are always guaranteed a space at The NEC due to the flexibility we can offer as a venue.
Please be assured that your feedback will be included in our monthly visitor feedback report, which is circulated across the business, in order for your feelings on this matter to be heard.
Thank you for contacting us.
Kind regards
Lynne Bovill
Customer Support Advisor
Sales and Customer Support
The NEC Group
--------------------------------------------------------
I have replied;

With Septikangels Quote...

Hello Lynne.
Thank you for your reply.
But your response does not make sense.
The caravan show last Tuesday which is massive and entry was £5, with free programme AND free parking in the ticket price.What makes the NEC think that bikers can afford this rip off!!
Looks like 4 more people here will not be attending.
Please explain how you can justify these charges?
Ray

Pat

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 31 October 2012, 05:43:28 pm »

I suspect the problem with them making the price say £5 a day is that their carp ark would then end up full, as people off on their hols would use it instead of the more expensive parking at the adjacent sirport, likewise people heading off to London/Manchester etc. for the day on the rail.

Lazarus

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 02 November 2012, 08:58:26 am »

Our ticket price of £16 remains extremely competitive when looking at other shows (Autosport £31, Good Food Show £21.50, Classic Car Show – starts at £18.50),

Good Food Show @ £21.50 - bunch of robbing barstewards

we went to the one in Glasgow for £14 advanced payment.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride!"

manuel32

• Club Racer
  • Do it yourself!
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 02 November 2012, 05:58:27 pm »
WELL AT £27 TO PARK AND GET IN THEY ARE NOT GETTING OWT OFF ME AS A PROTEST ,its a bloody recession  :eek
I know its only the internet but they are real people ! ain't they?

peejay

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Bonneville
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 02 November 2012, 06:49:51 pm »
Just out of interest, how much does a ticket for a 90 minute  premier football match cost? I haven't a clue, never been to a footy match in my life.

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 03 November 2012, 10:13:19 am »
Peejay I'd like to answer that as an Arsenal ticket holder but I can't in case the wife reads it.

rayburn600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 05 November 2012, 02:16:02 pm »
[font=]
Well here is their last response to the overcharging at the NEC.

Thank you for your subsequent emails.
Your further comments regarding the car park price at The NEC have been noted, and I am sorry that you are disappointed.
In response to your further question, at certain events at The NEC venue, the parking fee is not charged directly to the visitor. This depends on the type of contract that the particular exhibition organiser has with the venue. The show ticket prices are set by individual organisers, and the ticket money goes directly to the organisers who hire the halls from the venue. If parking is offered at no charge to the visitor, this is at the request of the show organiser, and the venue charges the organiser for parking. Similarly, show guides and programmes are supplied by the organiser of a particular event. I hope that this clarifies this for you.
This is just the first phase of our parking strategy – we are looking to enhance the offering in phase 2. Please be assured that your comments will also be included in our monthly visitor feedback report which is circulated across the business.
Thank you for contacting us.
Kind regards
Sharon Coles
Senior Customer Support Advisor
Sales and Customer Support
The NEC
[/font]