Date: 17-06-24  Time: 02:03 am

Author Topic: Someone might like these.....warm socks!  (Read 1399 times)

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile

snowandicegrips.co.uk

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: Someone might like these.....warm socks!
« Reply #1 on: 10 October 2012, 08:29:37 pm »
Hi, I run the website www.snowandicegrips.co.uk & have seen quite a few visits from the above link (thanks dickturpin), they are great for bikes, no more cold feet!! I have a 10% off discount for any foc-u.co.uk members, just enter "offer" at the checkout, it applies to everything on the site for a limited time. Cheers

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 October 2012, 09:07:27 pm »
Oh No!!!! you'll be wanting to send me a pair next and expect me to review!! :lol

philshaq

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 October 2012, 09:09:45 pm »
Thats some fast locating of where the hits are coming from!!

Good work Dickturpin getting us the discount, and its nice to see you're willing to throw a discount our way for cold weather gear coming up to winter when the majority of other places are putting prices up! If I didn't have thermal boots I would be tempted. I'll have a browse at your other stuff though.
...Oh Yeah!

D4Delta

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 October 2012, 03:34:23 pm »
Got some of these - they are good but the black bits of wool come off on your feet and leave a trail all over the carpet! Okay if you are single, but beware if you are married!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

David.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 October 2012, 11:42:14 am »
The best socks I've worn are Teko summit series Marino Wool socks.  Seriously comfy and warm.  Bear in mind that they are seriously thick, so you need room in your boot for them.

Yesterday I bought another Icebreaker Marino Wool base layer top, 260 grade.  I've already got a lightish 200 grade one, but I've decided to get the heavy 260 grade one for winter hill walking.  Obviously this will get used on the bike come the spring.   Not cheap at 75 quid, but it will last many years, and can be worn for days, if not a week or two without getting too smelly.  And they are seriously warm.

And if like me, you hate wool, well forget all your preconceptions about wool, Marino Wool is absolutely heaven worn against your skin.

http://www.tekosocks.co.uk/

http://eu2.icebreaker.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-IB-UK-Site/en/Home-Show?Locale=en

Polar Buffs are great too, ideal for keeping yer neck and chin warm while stopping the draft going down yer neck.