Date: 02-06-24  Time: 21:11 pm

Author Topic: Jim'll fiddle it  (Read 18719 times)

Streetbudgie

• GP Hero
  • Don't mess with a budgie
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Jim'll fiddle it
« on: 03 October 2012, 07:55:26 pm »
Is anyone surprised? Really?  :look

Phil TK

• GP Hero
  • up yer..
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Jim'll fiddle it
« Reply #1 on: 03 October 2012, 08:06:26 pm »
Is anyone surprised? Really?  :look

I was saying to a woman at work today, would you have let him babysit your young daughter even before the revelations came to light?

As a teenager I simply didn't listen to his radio shows because he gave me the creeps. Actually, come to think of it, so did Tony Blackburn and that Dave Lee Travers. Alan Freeman eh, now there's another one. All pervs.

markbubble

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - heinkels,excelsiors
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 October 2012, 08:31:47 pm »
there might or might not be any truth in the stuff thats 'come to light' (why would they wait this long to say any thing?) but i met the man twice,once when my mum had cancer and once at a bubble car rally,both times he was a true gent and nothing was too much trouble for hime to help out,he gave my mum and many others a huge laugh and up lifted many spirits and i can realy thank him for that in the low times we were having ,at the car rally he spent time with everyone and again made everyone have fun and raised loads for the air ambulance and more
all i can say is the twice i met him  he was fantastic and i hope there is no truth in whats been said

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 October 2012, 08:59:41 pm »
I have to say I did wonder, but you kinda hoped that this mad man was the real deal.  That he was clean and honest.  And he must have been, I mean how could you keep that quiet for so long.

i hope there is no truth in whats been said

There's too much smoke.  And film makers are staking their reputation on it.  It's 99.9% guaranteed true.

why would they wait this long to say any thing?

Because it wasn't that unusual back then.

Because you could get away with it then.  Those who actually witnessed stuff, well if you spoke out, you'd have to be prepared to put your job on the line, would anybody listen, and you might just loose your job and be black listed as a trouble maker. 

Remember the Daily Star and the babes coming up to their 16th birthday, yup Julie's getting her tits out tomorrow in the paper!  Oh Yeah!  And hey nudge nudge wink wink, it's legal to pump her now boys.

The Sun.  Here they are today slating the late Jimmy Saville, just a page or so after some young dolly bird with her tits out.  I do wonder how long page 3 can survive.   Not to mention why are people still buying the Sun today?

You know, maybe the difference between Jonathan King and Jimmy Saville was homophobia.  It was only teenage girls with Jimmy, it wasn't as if he was wanking off teenage boys.  You know jail bait, grass on the pitch - eh - most em were probably asking for it.  Perhaps slowly, bit by bit we are all growing up a bit.  Nudge nudge wink wink.

Young girls were just another victim of the rock'n'roll years;http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/young-girls-were-just-another-victim-of-the-rocknroll-years-8194849.htmlDavid Hepworth.
« Last Edit: 03 October 2012, 10:29:13 pm by VNA »

dolau

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 October 2012, 09:54:03 pm »
I hope it isnt true

He spent a lot of time in Stoke Mandeville with the children- didnt he have a flat at the top of the hospital?

He raised millions for charity I hope this isnt some get rich quick girl trying to sully his name ..... but if it is true- I suppose I am glad he isnt alive to face this charge and the children (at the time) can be helped
59 going on 57

Raymy

• Erection Services Foccer
    Brighter than a ZippoFirelighter
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - There is only 1 Gertrude
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 October 2012, 11:59:16 pm »
Looks like the jury has spoken in the absence of the defendant. even if he was alive, and was cleared, he'd be screwed...Cheerio career, cos if yer tarred, that's you, games a bogey. Must be a fiddler

Paedofinder General anyone?
Smell ones mother. Yaas!

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 October 2012, 11:12:11 am »
Dear Jim

Can you fix it for me to have a week in France with a fifteen year old schoolgirl?

Jeremy Forrest
Aged 30.
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!

DanielT

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 October 2012, 11:16:02 am »
if someone falsely accuses a dead person who can sue for libel or defamation?  Easy to point the finger at someone who cannot defend themselves.

That said, if it's true, victims shouldn't keep quiet. but at least do it when justice can be had. This "we were scared" line sounds dodgy. So does waiting a year.

But if they're lying, he'll always be branded as a paedo now
« Last Edit: 04 October 2012, 11:16:52 am by DanielT »

ChrisJH

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 October 2012, 12:22:32 pm »
Guilty

i don`t have anything profound or funny to write so .............................

Streetbudgie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04 October 2012, 12:34:57 pm »
Watch the Esther Rantzan video, she basically says everyone knew it but as he was a BBC god it was ignored.

Streetbudgie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04 October 2012, 12:37:03 pm »
Everyone forgets that Jimmy Saville was DJ originally, he wasn't that good though as he get getting his 7 inches stuck in the 12's...

Door..  :evil

Rusty

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04 October 2012, 01:58:49 pm »
Watch the Esther Rantzan video, she basically says everyone knew it but as he was a BBC god it was ignored.

Rantzen is outing herself before the press dig any deeper. She knew what he was up to but was the director of child line?  The hypocritical bastard!

Apparently when approached Saville would use his charity work as a cover, as in "Well go public and there goes Stoke Mendiville hospital"

Buried at 45 degrees facing the sea?  I think he should be dug up and tipped upside down the pervy old git.  :evil

AdieR

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04 October 2012, 05:15:35 pm »
One wonders if cheque-book journalism is playing a part here, ie someone's after some dosh and the media are only to happy to pay out ££££ for a juicy story that'll sell papers.

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04 October 2012, 05:20:47 pm »
In the Sun today they had a double spread of all his alleged victims, pictures from the time and now. With the caption......
"Now then now then" :rollin
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04 October 2012, 07:20:45 pm »
Rantzen is outing herself before the press dig any deeper. She knew what he was up to but was the director of child line?  The hypocritical bastard!

Bollocks.  Hearing  rumours and gossip is completely and utterly different to having witnessed.

This "we were scared" line sounds dodgy. So does waiting a year.

No it doesn't, he was abusing children.  Children in the 60's and 70's certainly weren't as clued up as they are today, many of them didn't quite get what was happening, and of course Saville was trading, grooming them, treating them, getting them on TV and putting them in touch with the stars.

Also attitudes have changed, one journalist dissmissed from Saville's flat as he was too busy with a 14 year old girl stated "so I left without a story". 

According to the documentary he parked his caravan in the grounds of a home for vulnerable young girls, basically the most vulnerable of all, and selected girls to take to his van.  One girl freaked out.  She was put in solitary confinement for three days until finally she withdrew her - filthy accusations.

Little girls with bleak lives jumped at the chance for a day out with Jimmy in his Rolls Royce, even though they knew the price that they had to pay for the day out - basically being fondled by Jimmy then wanking him off.   It seemed a fair trade to them, but then they grow up, and the anger grows. 

But the school kept feeding him children, and by the sounds of it, any that spoke out were filthy little sluts.

People I guess move on with their lives, but the evil that men do, or the evil that Jimmy Saville did, lives on with his victims , and will do for long time after his death.  Maybe that's the one bit Jimmy hadn't quite figured out.

All it seems to have taken, is one for person to carry out and in depth investigation, to scratch the surface a little, and suddenly it all starts coming out.

chaz

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 04 October 2012, 08:23:00 pm »
I always thought he was gay?

Rusty

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04 October 2012, 09:18:31 pm »
Maybe that's the one bit Jimmy hadn't quite figured out.

Aye, and maybe Jimmy didn't give a shit more likely. The so called rumours were more than that, it was an open secret apparently. Rantzen was quick enough to investigate potato's that looked like willy's and dogs that could say fuckin' sausages for that's life, but couldn't muster a word on child abuse in her position? Now that is bollocks.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04 October 2012, 10:10:34 pm »
but couldn't muster a word on child abuse in her position? Now that is bollocks.

How do you figure that.  Rantzen did a heck of a lot to tackle child abuse.

Rantzen's distress is that she knew the man, and yes she had heard the rumour.

But others knew the rumours were true, they didn't act, and society as a whole, at that time, didn't seem to care too much. 

Rusty

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 04 October 2012, 10:17:55 pm »
C'mon, Rantzens not backward at coming forward. She failed in her duty by failing to raise the matter. If I put myself in her position then that's how I'd feel. I know there's been a conspiracy of silence, in fact I had to chuckle yesterday as I saw a photo of all the DJ's of the time stood together, yet they all claim never to have known the man. Talk about distancing themselves from it.

They're surely not trying to say that they all didn't gossip about it like old women behind his back. They're all culpable.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04 October 2012, 10:48:43 pm »
She failed in her duty by failing to raise the matter.

She failed to believe the rumours.  That's what she's guilty of. 

The fact remains that she's done a heck of a lot to raise awareness on and help people who have suffered from child abuse.

And as I pointed out, times have changed, the journalist who left the flat disappointed he hadn't got a story is so very revealing.  Society as a whole was perhaps culpable.  And Rantzen was one of a number of people that worked to change our perception and awareness of child abuse.

Lazarus

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04 October 2012, 11:06:40 pm »
apparently Freddie Starr is the next to be outed.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride!"

wannafazer

• Hornet post whore
  • GP Hero
  • Frasers bitch !
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
    • Foc-U
« Reply #21 on: 04 October 2012, 11:22:01 pm »
They've just found his diary. His last entry was ten years old.
The only real Fazer is a carbed 600.

alan sherman

• FOC-U Pimp Daddy and
    Sick Note
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05 October 2012, 01:04:43 am »
Should those around at the time have spoken out?  I think it depends.  To me there is a difference between acting on rumours (very dodgy - rumours may not be true) and acting on evidence.

Speaking out on a rumour alone would be a very stupid thing for anyone to have done - he was a well known star, it would have killed your career, and potentially ruined an innocent man.

The real issue is those that were closer and had actual evidence of dodgy stuff.  They should have acted and it is the identities of these people that will the interesting piece of this story.  This develops into the question of whether management had evidence presented to them, how damning that was, and what action was taken because of it.

chaz

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05 October 2012, 11:57:03 am »
apparently Freddie Starr is the next to be outed.d
did he sh*g that hamster before he ate it?

chaz

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05 October 2012, 12:17:22 pm »
We shouldn't be making light of this, abuse is a very evil thing but the world was a different place 40 or 50 years ago, if a teacher inflicted the injuries I got as a 11 year old, when I got the cane,  they would go to jail for it now. Mind you it made sure you didn't do anything wrong or at least make sure you didn't get found out.