Date: 23-05-24  Time: 04:37 am

Author Topic: What would you do if you lost your license?  (Read 21314 times)

smithfz

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
What would you do if you lost your license?
« on: 29 September 2012, 03:09:21 pm »
If on the off chance you managed to loose your license what would you do?  If you are wondering how or you need some context other than you are perfectly fit and you were just done too many times and you are a bike fanatic that'll do but would you still ride?

caretaker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - TL125 frame!
    • View Profile
Re: What would you do if you lost your license?
« Reply #1 on: 29 September 2012, 04:10:09 pm »
get on my mountain bike and shed a few stone.

DryRob

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - SV650s
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 September 2012, 04:13:54 pm »
not a chance
thou shalt not kick

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 September 2012, 06:10:09 pm »
get on my mountain bike and shed a few stone.
The same except the bikes a hybrid.

Poodyboy

• GP Hero
  • Where can I find me some hookers?
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW S1000rr HP4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 September 2012, 06:58:54 pm »
I can put three hundred letters in here? Really?  I can dump this much crap at the bottom of each and every post and reply that I do, and there not a stinking thing  you can do about it.  I can also put in a picture you say?  My my, aren’t we generous with the space all of a sudden.  This won’t last

DryRob

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - SV650s
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 September 2012, 07:00:41 pm »
 :lol
thou shalt not kick

Rusty

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 September 2012, 09:19:25 pm »
keep calm and carry on.   :)

limax2

• Creep.
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 September 2012, 11:22:31 pm »
No way. As others suggest get into cycling till you get the licence back. You say you are perfectly fit so you should still be able to break the speed limit with very little chance of getting done. Not difficult where I live since they have put 20 limits all over the  place  ;) .

smithfz

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 September 2012, 12:33:39 am »
OI caretaker you saying the only reason you got a bike is to put of the fact you cant be arsed gettin fit.  Rusty... keep Calm. sure . Depends how your self control is... 

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #9 on: 30 September 2012, 08:28:08 am »
would you still ride?

Probably somewhere off road but never on the road.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

budgiemurray

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30 September 2012, 09:25:44 am »
plenty other things to keep me busy, mostly fitness based.. may even temp me to buy a decent mountainbike again, Im in an ideal area for that.. could always train up again for another marathon.. halfs and 10k's are no problem..

Budgie

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 30 September 2012, 09:53:27 am »
A good reason to get one of those electric bikes I have been eyeing  :rolleyes
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!

ChrisJH

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 30 September 2012, 10:57:40 am »
KTM plus loads of others including Cosworth make some very nice machines, 30mph 60 mile range with your feet up plenty more if you assist

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/eurobike-ktm-debut-electric-mountain-bike-and-more-23093/
i don`t have anything profound or funny to write so .............................

ChrisJH

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 30 September 2012, 11:05:21 am »
i don`t have anything profound or funny to write so .............................

smithfz

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 30 September 2012, 11:46:18 am »
thats cool l'm surprised l've not seen more of those bikes with motors, handy for the hills, mind a cycle in itself are surprisingly expensive and could easily spend thousands on the dam things  hhmm that sound familiar.... new seat, lights, tyres lol, mud guards.

smithfz

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 30 September 2012, 12:48:29 pm »
l didnt loose my license l'm asking what you'd do if you lost yours btw.

Lawrence

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30 September 2012, 01:14:06 pm »
I'd pay £5500 to get into work for the year  :crazy   And probably buy a half decent mountain bike.

Rusty

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 30 September 2012, 02:39:31 pm »
Rusty... keep Calm. sure . Depends how your self control is...
Mine's terrible.... so that's where the 'carry on' bit comes in. Yes folks that's what I mean, were I to be banned then I wouldn't take a blind bit of notice of such a ban. If my vehicle was essential to my work then I would use it regardless. Cue gasps of horror and moral indignation.....

When faced with the choice of unemployment, loss of home and potential bankruptcy, the gamble of driving cautiously but illegally for the period of the ban seems a damned attractive one to me. All of this is hypothetical of course as I work from home, but we aren't exactly dealing with a level playing field out there are we. Where's Chris Huhne for example? Still has his license yet doesn't he. Same goes for umpteen high profile cases that have used their influence to swing it for them, so I'm f*cked if I'd lose everything on the call of a magistrate simply because I don't have such influence.

DryRob

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - SV650s
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 September 2012, 03:58:55 pm »
not necessarily, you could maybe use the some of the high profile get-offs as legal precedent as they always play "need the car to do my job" card and usually get away with it.
thou shalt not kick

Rusty

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30 September 2012, 04:43:50 pm »
It doesn't work. I was jailed in 1998 for an 'offence' that doesn't ordinarily carry a custodial sentence. The week before this happened Vinnie Jones had been fined peanuts and set free for a much greater degree of the same offence, that of section 18 which does carry such a sentence. I mentioned this anomaly to my own barrister who looked straight at me, smiled, and said;

"Ah, but your not Vinnie Jones"

Several weeks after my imprisonment a 'Lord' somebody or other was involved in exactly the same scenario as I had been. Not only did he not receive a custodial sentence, but the whole case simply 'disappeared', never to be mentioned by the media again. Judges are human beings. Human beings are open to influence, be it by the media, masonic, or the behind the scenes manipulation of government agencies. This being so I accept no judgement as impartial, if it wouldn't happen to Tony Blair then it shouldn't happen to us.

DryRob

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - SV650s
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 30 September 2012, 05:02:03 pm »
Fair do's
thou shalt not kick

smithfz

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 30 September 2012, 06:48:16 pm »
l'd be with rusty.  btw does asking for permission to drive a car (driving license)  and "submitting"your car registration - under there rules (which is why you can get done under there rules)  so what happens when you dont sign up and register your car and apply for a driving license and drive your private vehicle or is that idea too "out there" or l'm i reading too much into it l'm just pissed off at the meaning of some words like -
Registration, submitting and license

Rusty

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 30 September 2012, 08:05:38 pm »
I think what you are referring to there grumpe1 is the old FMOTL perspective whereby registering something is seen as handing over the rights to it. (which in a way it is) It's difficult to it sum up in few words but here goes.

There are two systems of law in England, common law and statute law. Common law is the mainstay, as statute law is susceptible to tampering by politicians in order to further a political agenda. For this reason statute law is open to abuse and is not always just. On the other hand Common law stands eternally, it can't be altered.

Basically the premise hinges on the fact that we are a nation governed not by force but by consent, and that individual consent can be withdrawn. If one were to withdraw the consent to be governed then you exist only under common law. This means that you reject statutory law which exists beside common law. Statutes are not Law, they are legislation, "acts of parliament given the force of law by the consent of the governed". You consent to be governed in many ways, most of which your average Joe knows nothing about so is unaware of, which is why statutes are for him - law.

Therefore the theory is that if that consent is withdrawn those acts cease to be law applicable to the individual that has withdrawn it.  In reality it would be very difficult to pull this off, but in Law it is a recognised position, as common law is the law of the land over and above statuatory law. The courts dislike this knowledge being in the public domain however as it diminishes their authority.

The reason is simple; Common law applies equally to all regardless of wealth or favour, whereas statute law is made by politicians and is therefore open to bias. It's simply a question of preventing bad laws from being enforced. For example under the English bill of rights of 1689 it states; http://www.constitution.org/eng/eng_bor.htm

"That all grants and promises of fines and forfeitures of particular persons before conviction are illegal and void".

Understand the implications of that. It means that all parking, speeding, littering, or any other form of 'automatic' fine levied against you without a prior trial to determine guilt are illegal.  :)

Perhaps you now begin to see why much menacing, threats, and huffing and puffing is done by the state and it's various organs to control this sort of revelation. Put simply - We're all being taken for a ride.

« Last Edit: 30 September 2012, 08:12:08 pm by Rusty »

Rusty

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 30 September 2012, 08:20:02 pm »
Double post for some reason - now edited out.  :)
« Last Edit: 30 September 2012, 11:22:13 pm by Rusty »

smithfz

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 30 September 2012, 08:30:13 pm »
aahh cheers RUSTY lve heard of this before l'd been looking into legal language.  ta