Date: 16-06-24  Time: 07:59 am

Author Topic: Anyone had a gsxr750  (Read 8722 times)

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
Re: Anyone had a gsxr750
« Reply #25 on: 18 October 2012, 08:59:45 pm »
If you put weight on your wrists when riding, you're doing it all wrong. On crotch rockets, you should ride fast and let the back and stomack (and leg) muscles hold your body.

If you have a problem with weight on your wrists, try gripping the tank with your thighs firmly. This pushes your feet down onto the pegs and supports the body allowing you to drop your shoulders and elbows taking the weight off the wrists and making steering easier too.

Raymy

• Erection Services Foccer
    Brighter than a ZippoFirelighter
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - There is only 1 Gertrude
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 19 October 2012, 12:49:22 am »
Slaninar, I totally agree, but the problem I have is dodgy wrists. Even on the fazer, mine tend to seize up after a while more due to being static over time and pain creeping in that way. It's pretty fuckin troublesome
Smell ones mother. Yaas!

Slaninar

• GP Hero
  • Lookin' like a streak of lightnin'
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • BikeGremlin
« Reply #27 on: 19 October 2012, 05:37:48 am »
Slaninar, I totally agree, but the problem I have is dodgy wrists. Even on the fazer, mine tend to seize up after a while more due to being static over time and pain creeping in that way. It's pretty fuckin troublesome

Uff, that's a problem. Sorry to hear that... and glad it doesn't stop you from riding!  :)

BTW, my back is so fucked up (from childhood) that muscles do 90% of the work and crotch rockets shoud be perfect for my back. I try to lay low on fazer too, just so my back isn't vertical and doesn't soak up all the road bumps directly. The only reason I didn't get a crotch rocket is they're too one use only. Too sensitive to bad roads (fazer has softer shocks), too lively on the throttle (they practically force you to ride them fast). Also too little room for luggage (fazer doesn't look too good with a top box - but on a RR it's out of the question).

Fazer does things on public roads almost as good as a R. replica bike. Only time I've ever wanted a harder suspension and more race oriented bike was on a track day.

Besides, GIXXER is nice, but R6 or CBR600RR are a bit nicer bikes. My first Japanese bike was a Suzuki, they are nice, but Yamaha and Honda are a class above I think. Price is also higher, though.
Most things done in a hurry need to be done again - patiently.

Streetbudgie

• GP Hero
  • Don't mess with a budgie
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 19 October 2012, 04:18:17 pm »
If you do get one I have an Abbastand and Abba front lift which I bought for my K3 (I think the adapters fit through the K range), you can get adapters for it from Abba to fit any Gixer model and its very useful when yuo're working on the bike.

It's in the for sale section if you're interested...

triker

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 19 October 2012, 10:22:00 pm »
I had a GSXR750 K2.. Fantastic bike, awsome noise when reved out. Brilliant handling. Sold it as it kept encouraging me to go at insane speeds. I just couldnt overcome the "go fast go fast" messages the bike keeps shouting :evil
Its a great bike eveyone should try one.......
Now on a fazer 600 haha :D and loving it.

bwizz

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 02
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 20 October 2012, 09:11:35 am »
I agree for the right person , Great bike, very exciting .Due to the huge difference in riding positions etc, It would take me ages to be able to go quicker on the GSXR,than I can on the Fazer .Shame, but not for me at nearly 60 and with a knackered neck.
As an after though some people get on with push bike drop position, but I never could, as my back played up! This was in my early 30,s , The Gixer would probable suit somebody with a cycle race back ground.

Slaninar

• GP Hero
  • Lookin' like a streak of lightnin'
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • BikeGremlin
« Reply #31 on: 21 October 2012, 09:03:59 am »
I agree for the right person , Great bike, very exciting .Due to the huge difference in riding positions etc, It would take me ages to be able to go quicker on the GSXR,than I can on the Fazer .Shame, but not for me at nearly 60 and with a knackered neck.
As an after though some people get on with push bike drop position, but I never could, as my back played up! This was in my early 30,s , The Gixer would probable suit somebody with a cycle race back ground.

Tried mate's GIXEr yesterday. Took it for a short spin. He is a former cyclist racer. Still rides very strong (15 years older than me and leaves me waaaay behind on longer climbs). He has a SM 600 bike, one cylinder. It suits him for town and tight twisties. He says GIXEr is better for long, less tight twisties and for the motorway. For everything else it is too awkward handling (takes a lot more room to make a slow moving circle on it, can't bend the steering wheel enough), and makes you want to go fast.

For the 5 minute ride I took, it felt comfortable (my back likes that position).  It feels and looks nice, but just not practical enough for 90% of the way I use a motorcycle. I'd use it as a 2nd, track use bike.

It's also a fact that, from my black Fazer, friend's red CBF600S, the yellow GIXEr was unanimously declared as "the prettiest!" bike by all the children present at the party yesterday. They all wanted to sit on the GIXXer! :)
Most things done in a hurry need to be done again - patiently.

monkeyb0b

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - R1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 21 October 2012, 11:18:44 am »
The brakes should be better, specially paired with decent suspension, but my own experience of suzuki brakes is that if you dont maintain them they get crap pretty quickly

bwizz

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 02
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 21 October 2012, 04:50:05 pm »
The one I had a go on ,(09) the brakes were brilliant, as was the gear shift ,handling , power delivery .
If I had youth on my side it would be a must have, Both bikes I looked at in the local dealers on have now been sold