Date: 17-06-24  Time: 20:01 pm

Author Topic: Anyone had a gsxr750  (Read 8725 times)

bwizz

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 02
    • View Profile
Anyone had a gsxr750
« on: 22 September 2012, 02:28:37 pm »
There is a lovely sheen replica gsxr ib a local dealers, this has really stirred my soul. Much more focused riding position obviously. but any Fazer owner had one to comment on the difference
« Last Edit: 22 September 2012, 07:30:08 pm by bwizz »

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone had a gsxr750
« Reply #1 on: 22 September 2012, 03:56:04 pm »
Well i rode a mates gsxr 600 the other day, it was good fun and sounded mean,had an akropovic can and stuff, but i wouldnt want to ride it far,

I would say theyre fun for sunday blasts of 50 to 100 miles, anything more and the fazer rules

I also had the urge to continually ride like a tit on the gsxr whereas the fazer chills me out.

Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

bwizz

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 02
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 September 2012, 07:37:26 pm »
I was thinking it would be nice to get out of the wind blast on the local A roads.
I seem to remember my old cbr 600 was very relaxed at motorway speed.?

Hodge

• Foc-U suck-up-to-admin and good taste in bikes Foccer
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - GSX650F
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 September 2012, 08:18:46 pm »
I've only ridden one once and it was a terrific sports bike. I didn't find it uncomfortable which was a bit of a shock and as I'm no spring chicken.

chitsu

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 September 2012, 09:57:15 pm »
What model is it ? Is it an oil or water cooled bike ? I've had few of both, the later K series models are very light but the build  quality is very poor !

Raymy

• Erection Services Foccer
    Brighter than a ZippoFirelighter
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - There is only 1 Gertrude
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 September 2012, 11:15:54 pm »
i have a 2000 750y but i've not actually got it on the road yet :(
Smell ones mother. Yaas!

bwizz

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 02
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 September 2012, 09:59:11 am »
Its a 2005 k5 . Its overpriced but as its a genuine Sheen replica. I should think it will hold its value. As their are only 30 in the UK!

jackojet

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2015 R1 and 2015 speed triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 September 2012, 03:42:04 pm »
I own and have owned several GSXR's as well as my fazer thou, I own gixxer thou K7.
I had to have another this year. I owned a K3 750, and only sold it for the fazer so I could take the missus.
In my opinion the 750 is the best of the gixxers all round, great power and torque that you can use more of and better midrange than the 600.
Sometimes wish I had the 750 again than the gixxer thou as you can cane it more, but I use the mode switch on my thou and can cut the power if I wish.
Jumping from fazer to gixxer is very strange, but for general road riding the fazer is the best.
Don't even think of taking a passenger on a gixxer apart from frightening your pillion to death, it's pure agony for the rider!
Gixxers are great if you can keep your speed above average of 40 mph, as the weight kills the wrists. The seat is hard as nails too. The grin you get when you open the throttle and the soundtrack though is awesome, gixxers are very raw and scary fast.
I'd give one a go, but be honest with what riding you do most of. :)

jackojet

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2015 R1 and 2015 speed triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 September 2012, 03:49:21 pm »
Forgot to mention the handling too, amazing it is :D 
They do tend to bring the loon out of you though as already mentioned.  :evil
A good gixxer 750, with a good pipe etc should give a good 130 BHP too.

bwizz

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 02
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 September 2012, 04:34:32 pm »
I will be keeping my thou for 2 up work . thinks I will have a test ride to see how i get on with the riding position.It might be to severe  for my creaking spine

Raymy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 September 2012, 07:00:30 pm »
Not gonna help the neck I'd imagine. The wrist thing scares me cos mine are gubbed and really tighten up after a couple hours on the fazer
Smell ones mother. Yaas!

Poodyboy

• GP Hero
  • Where can I find me some hookers?
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW S1000rr HP4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 September 2012, 09:40:31 pm »
I've had one as my all in bike for the past 6 years (although finally test riding the little brother of its intended replacement his Saturday, so finally chopping it in). 35k miles, riden in all weathers, with luggage, pillion, you name it. Couldn't recommend it highly enough, comfy for 300+ mile journeys (I know, I did), camping, blasts etc. Soon get used to the position (had an FZ6 before), although it will goad you to give it the beans!
I can put three hundred letters in here? Really?  I can dump this much crap at the bottom of each and every post and reply that I do, and there not a stinking thing  you can do about it.  I can also put in a picture you say?  My my, aren’t we generous with the space all of a sudden.  This won’t last

bwizz

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 02
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 27 September 2012, 09:25:55 am »
How old are you poodyboy? The impulse to get one  is still running but I feel I need to feel more commited before I ask for a test ride. Also not sure about paying so much over Parkers guide for a 20000 mile Sheen replica, if I put 10000 miles on , It will considered high mileage

Poodyboy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW S1000rr HP4
    • View Profile
Anyone had a gsxr750
« Reply #13 on: 27 September 2012, 09:35:23 am »
Still the right side of 40, but only just. I've got a k7 (bought launch day 2006).
I can put three hundred letters in here? Really?  I can dump this much crap at the bottom of each and every post and reply that I do, and there not a stinking thing  you can do about it.  I can also put in a picture you say?  My my, aren’t we generous with the space all of a sudden.  This won’t last

GrahamB

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
    • FZ750 proboards forum
« Reply #14 on: 27 September 2012, 10:23:04 am »
Swapped bikes with mate for the ride home from Horse shoe pass few months back. GSXR1000K2. Knees, wrists & neck were aching after less than 5 minutes. Not even sure I could entertain one for the odd Sunday morning blast. Reminded me why I sold the Fireblade. I had to practically force him to pull over so we could swap back! I was toying with the idea of buying an old SRAD750 but quickly dismissed it after this.

Raymy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 27 September 2012, 07:30:54 pm »
Poody
How often did you wash it in rainy or winter weather? Does it not threaten to crumble if you don't?
Smell ones mother. Yaas!

Poodyboy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW S1000rr HP4
    • View Profile
Anyone had a gsxr750
« Reply #16 on: 27 September 2012, 10:43:34 pm »
It does ok really. A couple of bits do suffer; the exup valve's right on the bottom of the exhaust, so that's in the firing line for salt'n'crap. Got to ACF50 that or it'll rot, and the radiators deteriorated a bit. But it's probably not washed as it should be. Mostly due to "I'm a lazy bastard"

Raymy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 27 September 2012, 11:50:40 pm »
If you're a lazy bastard then I might as well just sell it now
Smell ones mother. Yaas!

bwizz

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 02
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 13 October 2012, 04:20:55 pm »
I finally had a go on a 09 model in a local dealers. as people have said , it would turn me into a holigan in no time at all.
Seems, not as much take of grunt as the 600 Fazer up to around 6000 revvs. easy to ride fast though, also very light. love one if I was a few years younger , but as it is my neck would never cope. getting back on my Fazer  for the ride home made me appreciate what a good all rounder the Fazer is! Another after thoght is that it would be very hard to adjust to the totally different
riding position and output if it was a second bike yet again probably no problem if you are 20ish

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 13 October 2012, 08:19:10 pm »
After reading all these I now know 2 things. My body just hurts on sportsbikes-wrists,shoulders,neck,hips-you name it its knackered! :'(  Oh and the second thing...why were here on the "Foccers" site-theyre so comfortable-a bike for all seasons/reasons :lol  Good luck to the masochists,see you at the osteopath! :lol

fazed600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Suzuki GSXR1000 K7
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 13 October 2012, 08:52:34 pm »
I've got a K7 thou as per my avatar pic my second bike after a 2001 FZS600. It's not as comfy, I have no problem with my back or wrists but my knees don't like the higher footpegs. I ride it all the year round apart from in the ice (never touched the power mode switch). I find it fine even going to central London and back, approx 120 miles each way in London rush hour without any problem.

The engine and controls are really smooth easy to ride, even if it does encourage you to cane it. I've really enjoyed the bike but I'm attempting to save for an Aprilia RSV4 Factory as find sportsbikes easy to get on with.

The only way you will find if it is for you is to take it for a test ride.

bwizz

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 02
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 13 October 2012, 10:13:04 pm »
Yes the ride was a great experience, very focused and nimble,
I have the wisdom to ride own one but not the body

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 16 October 2012, 01:31:10 pm »
some will fit it no doubt ( bloody contortionists) but after years of riding upright bikes, I could never be comfy on any sportsbikes. Plus I do question just where you can really use what they have , other than for an odd moment or two...?

oh yes , of course , the track !...

Slaninar

• GP Hero
  • Lookin' like a streak of lightnin'
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • BikeGremlin
« Reply #23 on: 18 October 2012, 10:26:30 am »
Not gonna help the neck I'd imagine. The wrist thing scares me cos mine are gubbed and really tighten up after a couple hours on the fazer

I don't get this. If you put weight on your wrists when riding, you're doing it all wrong. On crotch rockets, you should ride fast and let the back and stomack (and leg) muscles hold your body. If going fast enough, wind helps a lot too. But people who ride sport bikes and complain about "too much weight on the wrists" are riding wrong bike for their style of riding.... just like when I tried riding fazer off road.   :rollin
Most things done in a hurry need to be done again - patiently.

Chillum

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Currently bikeless
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 18 October 2012, 12:40:24 pm »
Anyone care to comment on brakes as compared to the Fazer?

I crashed a gx750 on a track day because it couldn't haul me up as quickly as I was expecting, but then it was a hire bike and the previous gx600 I'd been given the brakes actually failed!! so it might have been just shit bikes.