Date: 01-06-24  Time: 13:27 pm

Author Topic: what would you do?  (Read 11678 times)

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
Re: what would you do?
« Reply #50 on: 09 October 2012, 08:48:13 pm »
MIKE!
hello mate, was asking after you in me first post, good to hear back mate :) :) :) you still got your fazer?
i remember you suprised yourself by liking that victory :D  ive had a 1584 dyna last coupla years, its snuggled up in the garage next to the thou, HDs are still very err "elemental", but a lot better than they were mate, you should try one o' them too bud :)

AyJay

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 09 October 2012, 09:50:13 pm »
aint it the truth mate,.at the end of the group test we sat in a cafe talking about the bikes..every single one of us rated the "old" fazer above the others(including the "mcn bike of the year "multistrada). and whilst im just a brickie who gets to ride with them every now and then the other three were "proper"..respectively the road test editor (si hargreaves)  racer and trackday tutor (pete boast) and complete nutter/stunter (kev smith)..all topriders with a wealth of experience. and all of us to a man loved that old fazer..
it reminds me (bizarrely) of my first decent bike back in '78 after passing me test..an rd400. no idea why, apart from they are both blue and both yams. think it must be the fun i had on the stroker, and the fun to be had on the thou, and whilst the fazer is obviously a lot quicker the rd would have felt just as quick to me back then.
its just a great bike innit, and destined to become a future classic.

It's the best kept secret in motorcycling! That and the fact that ZZR14s are actually brilliant all rounders just like the FZS.

Funny you mention the RD400. I was down at Flitwick motorcycles last weekend and there was one sat outside in very good nick. I couldn't believe how tiny it was. Most of today's 125s are bigger, so when you say it would have felt as quick, I believe you - there's no weight to shift!

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 10 October 2012, 07:37:00 pm »
thats struck me several times in recent years mate. rd250bs, rd400s, gt380s etc seemed like big bikes back in the day. my rd250C " coffin" tank seemed 'normous!
you look at them now they all seem tiny. and as for rear tyres on seventies bikes, bloody hell.... :\