Date: 01-06-24  Time: 15:21 pm

Author Topic: REMOVE YOUR HELMET!!!  (Read 39440 times)

Rusty

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: REMOVE YOUR HELMET!!!
« Reply #50 on: 03 September 2012, 11:26:27 pm »
I prefer "Thank God for Atheism"!
Fuck off spelling czar.  :lol
An Atheist is someone with no invisible means of support.

jackojet

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2015 R1 and 2015 speed triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 04 September 2012, 08:23:11 am »
What about those dumbass women drivers that pull up at the nearest pump, when they could go to furthest away and your sat in your motor waiting ages as she does her shopping or spends an age buying Tarquin the brat a foccin choccie bar! This usually happens when I want diesel in my truck.
The same sort of selfish bitch is the same woman 2 days later that expects me to move my bike forward so she can fill the Mercedes up! I told her to foc off and wait I tell yet and explained why much to the amusement of a truck driver filling up who joined in with telling her too :lol

Rusty

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 05 September 2012, 06:42:45 pm »

Here's one from this afternoon, taken at a garage between Windermere and Ambleside in the lake district. If you can't make out the signs here they are below.

Unless you take your lid off they won't switch on the pump - end of. So that destroys the bikers potentially helping themselves to the till/molesting shopkeepers argument right there. They must consider bikes a higher drive off risk even though there's much less fuel involved. It ignores the fact that most bikers are not young kids but mature riders. It's unfair, but I guess being white and middle aged there won't be too many human rights lawyers beating a path to my door to sue for my 'hurt feelings'.  :rolleyes

Phil TK

• GP Hero
  • up yer..
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 05 September 2012, 07:23:56 pm »
 Judging by the other sticker, it looks like they've also got a problem with police officers driving away without paying.

Jacko

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 05 September 2012, 07:38:35 pm »
I don't mind those ones as you where you stand and choose to proceed or not.

Nice one Phil, mental picture of plod doing a drive off with lights and sirens :)
Sent from my pants - using talkingbollocks

richfzs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 05 September 2012, 07:47:24 pm »
 :lol :lol

chaz

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 05 September 2012, 08:42:25 pm »
after a garage had been robbed by 3 men wearing helmets I was asked to remove my helmet which I did, then I pulled my neckie up over my face and said ok give me the money, maybe not the best idea I've had???????

richfzs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 05 September 2012, 08:53:27 pm »
Don't suppose you got a laugh out of them, but maybe it will have served (once they had time to think about it) to make them realise that anybody up to no good, is just going to ignore their "request"...

well, I can dream on I suppose  :D

MadDogMcQ

• Club Racer
  • Horwich, Bolton, NW UK.
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - CB250N
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #58 on: 05 September 2012, 09:56:21 pm »

I prefer "Spelling Bee" if you don't mind (or Spelling Tsar)  :lol
QUENTIN TARANTINO - HALLOWED BE THY NAME!

Rusty

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 05 September 2012, 10:48:51 pm »

I prefer "Spelling Bee" if you don't mind (or Spelling Tsar)  :lol

I wonder what the 'B' stands for then? Can't be 'Bolshevik' as you've just ennobled yourself as a member of the Russian Royal family. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar

On the other hand. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czar_(political_term)

Or your reference to 'The fast lane' of the motorway mentioned in another post, I was far too polite to mention that all three have the same 70mph limit.  :lol

Lawrence

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 06 September 2012, 12:07:02 am »
Unless you take your lid off they won't switch on the pump - end of. So that destroys the bikers potentially helping themselves to the till/molesting shopkeepers argument right there.
No it doesn't.  It stops them from getting petrol and molesting the bird behind the till/robbing the place.  If you're just there for the molestation/burglary then you're still good to go  ;)

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 06 September 2012, 12:32:53 am »
just ask yourself if you owned a petrol station would you insist on people taking off their helmets or would you be happy to let them in with a helmet on?

GringoRojo

• Otter baiting foccer
    FOC-U Dancing on Ice Champion 2010
    Aug 08
    Oct 08
    Sept 09
  • GP Hero
  • a Doonhamer in exile
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger800XC
    • View Profile
    • a two wheeled charity ride without engines
« Reply #62 on: 06 September 2012, 12:49:36 am »
I would have all pay at pump only, and one pay at till for all the weekly shoppers.

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 06 September 2012, 07:52:16 am »
With fewer filling stations & escalating pump prices it makes me wonder whos robbing who! :'(  Being an old git with a flip front helmet I have only been asked to remove headgear a few times-not at my regular filling stations. Its a right pain having to queue for fuel & by the time Ive taken off the helmet, removed glasses/picked up ear plug thats fallen on ground it all adds to the time wasted for everyone. In the far-off rosy tinted past I remember petrol stations everywhere & fuel cost a whole lot less. Mind you I  also recall pulling into a garage in Devon & the attendant was about to fill my tank with a lit fag in his mouth-I did ask him to remove that! :rollin :eek

Rusty

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 06 September 2012, 09:33:05 am »
Mind you I  also recall pulling into a garage in Devon & the attendant was about to fill my tank with a lit fag in his mouth-I did ask him to remove that! :rollin :eek

That happened to me in rural France a few years back, the old guy stood puffing on a roll up ciggie while filling the car.  :lol

Unless you take your lid off they won't switch on the pump - end of. So that destroys the bikers potentially helping themselves to the till/molesting shopkeepers argument right there.
No it doesn't.  It stops them from getting petrol and molesting the bird behind the till/robbing the place.  If you're just there for the molestation/burglary then you're still good to go  ;)

I can't say I'm clued up on the methods used for violent robbery of petrol stations, but I'm certain the modus operandi would not include parking up at the pump first and attempting to fill up on camera. In fact, for a robbery I don't think I'd bother with a helmet at all - too cumbersome, and it restricts peripheral vision. A ski mask would do fine. Perhaps they should stop selling fuel to people with ski's or snowboards on the roof too? I'm not saying they are criminals... just that they might be. That's how it works with us isn't it?  ;)

Rusty

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 06 September 2012, 09:57:29 am »
just ask yourself if you owned a petrol station would you insist on people taking off their helmets or would you be happy to let them in with a helmet on?
I have been asked to remove my helmet by a night cashier who was locked inside the kiosk, when I was outside pre- paying by card.  :rolleyes
This is the trouble with making sensible rules ostensibly designed to protect people and property, they get interpreted by non-sensible people to mean whatever they feel like making them mean. Sensible rules become silly when applied by non sensible people.

That's why in my view it's no bad thing to challenge them, otherwise they'll introduce more and before you know it you'll live in a world of increasingly petty rules. (Hmmm... come to mention it....) How about 'We don't serve anyone wearing gloves, please remove gloves before paying the cashier'. Justifiable in all shops if you want potential robbers to leave fingerprints, but would in reality lead to little old ladies and children removing their gloves on freezing winters days before they could enter the building. Not what was intended, but no doubt zealously enforced by the 'Im only doing my job' Milgram experiment mentality.

purplebear7

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Honda CB1300S & Sports Sidecar
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 06 September 2012, 11:08:51 am »
 :)  Ref:   Spelling Bee .. Yep .. I've seen that film too.  PB

Rusty

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 06 September 2012, 11:34:40 am »
:)  Ref:   Spelling Bee .. Yep .. I've seen that film too.  PB

Ahh.. I just googled it. :) [size=78%]  [/size][size=78%]"[/size]A [/size][size=78%][/size]spelling bee[/size] is a competition where contestants, usually [/size]children[/color][/size], are asked to [/size]spell[/color][/size] words."
[/size]I wonder what terminology is used for those that spell out the wrong word then? A Malopropism bee perhaps? Or a Malopropism CZAR. :lol

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 07 September 2012, 10:11:34 am »
That will BEE "MALAPROPISM" :lol  then!

MadDogMcQ

• Club Racer
  • Horwich, Bolton, NW UK.
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - CB250N
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #69 on: 07 September 2012, 12:04:41 pm »

:lol :lol
QUENTIN TARANTINO - HALLOWED BE THY NAME!

squiz

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 07 September 2012, 09:56:46 pm »
gonna add my tuppenny bit here.....

being from the the isle of man since birth i would object to removeing my helmet to pay for petrol for the same reasons mentioned earlier(religion)  i agree sorta...but
...since moveing to what i believed was and to be honest is a quiet part of the south of the uk i will remove my helmet without arguement when i see a sign requesting it......

lets not forget that it isnt just a ballaclava that armed robbers wear is it?,

my daughter panics when i walk in my own house with it on so i can only imageine that the arse of cashier late at night would be twitching when an un faced person wlks in or upto them..

conclusion..........remove it...for respect.

chaz

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 08 September 2012, 01:23:40 am »
two instances of wearing a balaclava and sunglasses when I had a trike, no helmet.

first one was in west auckland after "stormin' the castle" my mates had stopped at a shop so I parked the trike up and went to see where they were, as I walked round a corner I nearly bumped in to a woman who started screaming I just kept walking.

second time was when I had filled up at a petrol station and went in to pay the young girl asked if I was robbing it, no I said I just want to pay for the fuel, she asked me if I was sure, she seemed a bit disappointed it was a busy services on the M1 so maybe she was a bit board?

Rusty

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 09 September 2012, 04:09:07 pm »
I saw that but there's no f'kin edit button. :lol Then again, spell it how you will it can never be confused for Russian nobility. :b

fireblake

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 09 September 2012, 05:19:08 pm »
When I fill up I hold my debit card up as i pull the nozzle out. Then the attendant can at least see I have the means to pay.
Sent from my villa in the South of France.

cy8rm4n

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 10 September 2012, 02:50:23 pm »
 I never go back to a garage that has this policy, unless it's in my car with a baseball cap & sunglasses on just to prove a point.
 This whole theft of fuel thing annoys me, why not get people to pay before drawing fuel? The technology exists, many garages use this facility at night. Surely that would stop theft of fuel dead in it's tracks...but no they'd rather waste the taxpayers money reporting these thefts to the police & justifying it as a reason for their ever increasing price rises.