Date: 20-05-24  Time: 19:43 pm

Author Topic: Ivans Jet Kit  (Read 15809 times)

bwizz

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 02
    • View Profile
Re: Ivans Jet Kit
« Reply #25 on: 03 June 2012, 10:56:58 am »
My own experience is that , The jet kit is essential to get a thou running right with an after market can fitted!But my bike was running smoothly before the mod and apart from the better starting I would not have bothered .The fuel consumption has increased slightly and the power delivery is more aggressive ,probably good for a younger owners
but I don't like it. The kit is expensive by any standards.
thats my two penneth, sure to upset everyone !

dekker555

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03 June 2012, 06:49:37 pm »
Sorry, I can't agree that it's expensive to get a bike running a whole lot better. Mine is an '04 bike that had just over 6,000 miles on it at the time of conversion, and I only had the "slip-on" version as I still run the standard can, and am delighted with the improvement. I DON'T ride this way, but it will pull 20 mph in 6th gear without ANY complaint.

mcyoungy

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 03 June 2012, 07:09:13 pm »
Mine runs fine with an aftermarket can without the jet kit. I'm looking forward to a bit more oomph with it fitted though.

bwizz

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 02
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 03 June 2012, 07:25:32 pm »
The term a whole lot better is subjective!( As is expensive). Mine was smooth vibration free and progressive. That was good for me!

When I fiitted an after market can "before mod" it killed the mid range ! .Certainly more power when Ivanised . If that's your requirement go for it . you pays yer money Etc !

Just as an after thought , I don't see why you could not do a  cheepo carb mod , ie the drilling and clip carb springs, float levels, air box , carb rubbers, richen mixture ,but leave the needles and jets alone, the first part I would think would ensure a quicker take off, I'm sure someone will say it a bad idea . But has it been done that way?
« Last Edit: 13 June 2012, 05:51:41 pm by bwizz »

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 21 June 2012, 02:12:09 pm »
I have joined the ranks as I am now Ivanised with 135BHP at the back wheel....awesome improvement.......just need some decent weather to do some full testing
« Last Edit: 21 June 2012, 02:19:54 pm by bigbluebear »

macmivvi

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 21 June 2012, 03:57:27 pm »
Why didnt you just refit the standard can if it was running smoothly. If you consider the jet kit expensive  against your mod that killed the midrange,the aftermarket can, it must be a really cheap crap can.

I would not describe the power delivery as more aggressive, rather fuller and more linear without the dips through the midrange when standard. Not sure whats not to like. :\

bwizz

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 02
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 30 June 2012, 10:01:56 am »
The can I fitted was a quill t3 ! It killed the midrange on the thou , Just as the viper can did the same on the 600. The standard can weighs a ton and looks and sounds crap.
I did the ivan mod ,because i read all the hype and "old adage "it seemed a good  idea at the time!

GrahamB

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
    • FZ750 proboards forum
« Reply #32 on: 30 June 2012, 01:17:48 pm »
Think I know where you're coming from bwizz. My bike lost a bit of grunt at very low revs with the Ivans kit fitted. Top end power is the obvious improvement & it is easier to start now. Think I might have been better off with the slip on kit for my bike as I did enjoy the low down pull. 

MadDogMcQ

• Club Racer
  • Horwich, Bolton, NW UK.
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - CB250N
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #33 on: 04 July 2012, 03:33:45 pm »
140 at the back wheel? Great result SilverFZ!
QUENTIN TARANTINO - HALLOWED BE THY NAME!

Captain Haddock

• Club Racer
  • Miserable Foccer.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XT600E & TDM850 Mk2
    • View Profile
    • Gone boating!
« Reply #34 on: 06 October 2013, 01:33:12 pm »
Hi Guys
Just bought a 1000 thats stood and has a bit of a misfire, I'm guessing stale fuel and a bit of crud in the carbs, if I'm taking the carbs off I may as well ivanise them at the same time but will have the standard can on for a while, any issues with this setup?
I will probably go full monty rather than SO kit, can will be changed eventually.
Save the planet...It's the only one with beer!