Date: 01-06-24  Time: 15:07 pm

Author Topic: RPM clock doing weird things  (Read 6273 times)

FZ_Rich

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: RPM clock doing weird things
« Reply #25 on: 21 May 2012, 04:56:19 pm »
 solorider!!
          Jeez mine were in no way as bad as yours! I'd have gone straight to the blue spanner with them (Burning torch).  Mine were easy apart from one stud shearing, got about 20mm left to play with so not too bad.

FuZzBom,
          When I first got my Fazer the valve was stuck shut and it ran awefull, gutless at high revs.  I cant imagine for one minute having it open continuously would let it run well at low engine speeds. It made a massive difference when I first experienced a fully working exup valve, nuff power at all times! That's why we love em innit?  The one listed on eBay looks like it would make the engine sing on full throttle but I just wonder how often your full bore caning the bitch till she screams no more and the front wheels just coming back down while you snick it up into fourth....or summat you louts on bikes like to do. I myself ride like nun carrying eggs (not in a reproductive way, I mean like Chickens or Ducks if you fancy).  Anyway I'm off work sick so I gotta bit o time to type.  So I have, typed. I'm off for a coffee and to stare at the phone while waiting for k tech to ring and say my shocks all done

:rolleyes :) :rolleyes
Life is like a bunch of chocolates - you never know what yer gonna get. . . unless you read the card

FuZzBoM

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23 May 2012, 01:49:29 pm »
Hi Rich, to be honest that was what i thought. i had a TZR125 back in the day with a power valve and the difference was night and day when i fitted it.
was just curious if the mighty 1 litre could cope with The reduction in back pressure but guess not.
I would also guess it will make it consume more fuel being open all the time.

I am not the fastest rider in the world so the thing howling up in the rev range would soon annoy me. this was the main reason i went from the 600 to the 1000 in the 1st place.

anyway.. you will all be pleased to know i have now fitted it all back together and it seems to work OK. i didn't get the chance to ride it last night because it was nearly 10pm before i got done and cleaned up etc.
I will go out for a ride this evening and see how it fairs.

BTW Rich, get well soon...
Lord,
Grant me the WD-40 to move those things that are stuck, the Duck tape to fasten those things that are loose, And the wisdom to know the difference.
Amen

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 23 May 2012, 05:21:57 pm »
The hassle youve had was down to previous lack of service(out of sight/out of mind?) BUt youve got a low miler and the next time you check the EXUP it will be a delight to work on.Strange how Yamaha fitted a nice sophisticated power valve and tried to save a few pence on bolts made of cheese. That valve will be one of the reasons you are going to ENJOY YOUR FAZER :)