Date: 26-06-24  Time: 13:35 pm

Author Topic: Annual Fazer 1000 meet Sun 15 April 2012  (Read 8236 times)

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
  • Champion on two, three & four wheels
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM640LC4SM, XRX125SM
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
Annual Fazer 1000 meet Sun 15 April 2012
« on: 10 April 2012, 11:17:48 pm »

This is probably a bit late but I've been busy.

Fazer Line Up.
In the past we've had some nice line ups usualy organised by either Trev (Polorbear) or me (KK). Last year was a bit of a shambles mainly because I got there a bit late and others had parked left right and centre and I couldn't be arsed to go round chasing people, and we certainly felt the wrath of Trev... Even though he was in Spain.

So lets make a bit of an effort this year because it does look good in the photos and I'm sure you'll agree. Be prepared to move your bikes - please.

I don't know if Paul has told the Museum we're coming (I hope you have hint hint) so hopefully they'll have a car park set aside for us. If there is no car park I'll see if I can get permission to put bikes on the front concorse as I have done in the past.

C U all there. Shiney side up. And I'm bringing one Mars bar for me.

See link here. http://fazer1000.yuku.com/topic/4245/ANNUAL-BIKE-SHED-MEET
Some say that he eats habanero chilli peppers dipped in oil of capsaicin for extra bite and that his pyjamas are made from Nomex. All we know is, he's called Ad the Bad

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
Re: Annual Fazer 1000 meet Sun 15 April 2012
« Reply #1 on: 10 April 2012, 11:34:22 pm »
Gunna have to miss this one as I am away for 2 weeks :( maybe next year.

snapper

• GP Hero
  • Life is an accident waiting to happen
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - panther M120
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 April 2012, 11:03:29 am »
Going to make one of these eventually !

But going to miss this one as well because its my god daughters first birthday !

Bugger

Boris

• DAS Born Again
  • Been known to talk bollocks!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZ6S - 04, XJR 1200 - 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 April 2012, 01:21:06 pm »
This too was an event I was looking out for, It's a shame it clashes with my plans for BSB at Thruxton. Decisions, decisions! :'(
 Anybody know the weather forecast?

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: 11 April 2012, 05:37:26 pm »
Going to make one of these eventually !

But going to miss this one as well because its my god daughters first birthday !

Bugger

That's a shame Snapper that you'll miss your daughters first birthday. I missed my daughters first birthday and went to the States with Luke to ride the Dragon.  :rolleyes

So I'll see you in Brum them.  :lol
Some say that he eats habanero chilli peppers dipped in oil of capsaicin for extra bite and that his pyjamas are made from Nomex. All we know is, he's called Ad the Bad

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: 14 April 2012, 09:44:52 am »
Bump.

It's tomorrow folks.

Weather: Dry but a tad chilly.

mcyoungy

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 April 2012, 12:11:23 pm »
I'd love to but I'm working. Enjoy!

fazer390

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 April 2012, 09:56:25 pm »
I'm all ready to go... I've missed the last 2 meets, so I'm determined to make this one...  8)
Hope to see quite a few of you there...  ;)

AKA - Jase / Carbonkid...

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
Annual Fazer 1000 meet a few pics
« Reply #8 on: 15 April 2012, 04:48:50 pm »
Weather Sunny most of the time. Tempreture... Bollock shrinking cold!

Sorry Trev. It's a sort of line up. Must try harder smiley: eyes

Here are two of the cleanest tidiest Fazers I've seen on the road. They must have got here wrapped in cotton wool.

tomlinscote

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 April 2012, 05:19:04 pm »
Bloody hell, I don't think mine was that clean when I collected it from the showroom!! Lovely bikes though.
What do you guys use to clean the headers and where can I get some??

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15 April 2012, 10:18:30 pm »
What do you guys use to clean the headers and where can I get some??
Wonder wheels than Autosol and plenty of elbow grease  ;)
Im glad you like my blue beast it rides as good as it looks, it was great to put the names to the faces, and meet the fella justy who provided the spacers for the yokes and headers caps.
Big thx
Dave  :D 

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: 15 April 2012, 11:17:18 pm »
What's the little toggle switch by the right side cover for Dave?

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 15 April 2012, 11:50:05 pm »
What's the little toggle switch by the right side cover for Dave?
To prime the  NITROUS  :evil

That one is for turn power on/off for sat nav.

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 16 April 2012, 07:28:46 am »
sorry I never made it chaps, but I was still working on putting my bike back together, work has been manic, and so little free time to do it .Its all done now but too late for the meet.I havent got a chainguard or hugger so it would have been risky to ride anyway.
 Dave your bike looks outrageously clean !... quite apart from the cool array of goodies. :)

jackojet

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2015 R1 and 2015 speed triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 16 April 2012, 07:40:07 am »
I would love to attend but my fishery needs me here! :'(

anyone fancy a ride over to my fishery for a brew and toilet break after the meet at brum bike shed i'm only 20 mins away on a fazer!  :lol

Let me know guys i'd love to see you and any foccer that comes gets a jacko discount on tea and coffee plus tranquil views of the lakes, hard standing parking :D

cheers jacko jet

purplebear7

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Honda CB1300S & Sports Sidecar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 16 April 2012, 05:15:53 pm »
Well Ad .. I don't think YOU need to apologise to me for that complete Dogs Breakfast of a line-up. At least you had the balls to post the pictures  :)

I think it was more a case of nobody really trying very hard these days .. not much interest in the meet to start with, no fun mars bar awards for the best efforts, very poor turn out, lots of the usual last minute pathetic excuses for failing to get out of bed and making it happen and a fair indication of the general state of play in the UK today.  The current financial climate and the cold weather also didn't help much I spozz.

As they say .. some you lose .. and some you lose again.  :\

Just for info .. The only reason I ever managed to get a good Photo Shoot Line Up was because I am a former military bod .. I was a real nasty bastard for 15 years and more in the Navy and I've got a 'one voice' gob like a bucket.  Also being a Pro Diving Instructor for over 25 years .. I am used to various kinds of 'public speaking' and getting things done .. right, once, first time. Simples.  8)

Still .. as I no longer run a Fab Fazer Gen 1 and I don't even live in the UK right now .. who the hell am I to be calling any tunes  :\

Well done to those of you who did turn out .. as hard and as cold as it may have been .. you will I hope be feeling proud that at least you had a go  :lol  As ever there were one or two really lovely bikes to drool and dribble over too.

Stay Safe Y'all  ;)   Trev     (The Polar Bear Spain)

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: 16 April 2012, 05:49:05 pm »

Trev wrote
As ever there were one or two really lovely bikes to drool and dribble over too.

Yeah, Cable ties, Devilsyam's and mine  :lol

Re the line-up. I did manage to get two patheticly parked bike bikes moved.  ;) Thing is in the old days people milled about in the car park so you could ask them to re-position bikes. It's a bit harder if people park up and wonder off. I can't realy go moving their bikes about. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

So next year park up with even spacing, front wheel on the line and steering pointing left. There.... you have been told.  :lol

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16 April 2012, 06:09:29 pm »
sounds like we is all full of excuses then Trev !
 ;)

purplebear7

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16 April 2012, 07:47:01 pm »
Now Now Then Lord Jon .. don't you go picking on me ... I'm an OAP don't you know  :\ !

Of course there are always going to be the genuine reasons for not doing things and stuff like work, family commitments and money are always going to rule over buggering off up the road for a day  :rolleyes  I think it would be much 'wiser' for the guys who know in advance they are not going to attend to keep quiet from day one.

In my case I do miss it these days .. I organised the first ever meet.  For me it's a money problem .. so I never say I'll be there now. The round trip from our little hutch on the Costa Blanca costs around £1.000 all in these days. 

So as much as I love you (you big fat lump) I'm not gonna be there, OK.

I do the round trip (at least once every year) to visit family and friends in both England and Scotland .. this has involved doing ten hour (pit stops only) overnight rides up and down the full length of Spain .. in winter, ice and snow on the mountains as well as during the monsoon rain season.

It's a hard ride (at my age I have to grit my gums and hang on in there  :\ ) but if it has to be done I'll do it .. even more so now the rig is over three years old because the Bike has to have a UK MOT every June. I'm still English to the core me  8)  and so is my bike.

As you will recall .. I'm sure I often pop in to see old friends as I'm passing if things are going according to my Plan-A  :D

Grizzly Hugs and Extra Stuffing XX   Stay Safe  ;)   Trev

« Last Edit: 17 April 2012, 07:36:57 am by purplebear7 »

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17 April 2012, 07:26:50 am »
Well I keep saying I will do the trip down to you m8 ! ...would love to do it. Now, at the risk of saying I am going to do it , then not .....tbh this year could be possible in september.I have been wanting to revisit my 2004 first euro trip to the pyrenees, and it is possible I can find a week free  in my workschedule.My thinking is to do the pyrenees run, but extend it down to denia. :) ....it may be a solo run, but if any other foccer is interested I would be amenable for some company.
I will let you know if it is a goer....meanwhile, let me know when you R over in UK, and I will try to meet up.
cheers
Jon

purplebear7

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17 April 2012, 07:50:21 am »
OK Jon .. 10/4 on that .. I'll keep one good eye open  :z later in the year. 

By the way .. and just for the record .. I don't really think you are a big fat lump .. it's more like a having an adult moose in a very small room .. only without the adult bit  :lol

Stay Safe Buddy  ;)   Trev

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: 17 April 2012, 06:09:00 pm »
Trev and Jon,

I must say, having just read the above, I love you, coz you're just such true people. Your conversation makes me smile.  :) .... But I don't want to marry you both or anything.

Besides it would be too difficult a choice to make.

The large chubby one or the old wrinkle chops. The old wrinkle chops or the large chubby one. The large chubby one or the old wrinkle chops. The old wrinkle chops or the large chubby one. The large chubby one or the old wrinkle chops. The old wrinkle chops or the large chubby one..........

:rolleyes

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17 April 2012, 06:39:18 pm »
Well done to everyone who made the trip.  Sorry I couldn't be there.  Actually, I was only 50 miles away spending the weekend with our grand-daughter but try as I might I couldn't persuade the ladies that a trip to the NMM would be really interesting for Annie ... :)

Dave, I take it your Transit van was parked out of sight ... ? :lol

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Annual Fazer 1000 meet Sun 15 April 2012
« Reply #23 on: 17 April 2012, 08:28:33 pm »
Nah mike but I did have to polish it when I got home as there was brake dust on the wheels LoL.

I tell ya what we made it a full day out taking in plenty of rds and it's a sweat handling bike And compared to the triumph demo I had on Saturday the fazer sure does float my boat more than a 12k trumpet, i got the conversion perfect.
« Last Edit: 17 April 2012, 08:38:54 pm by cable tie »

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 17 April 2012, 08:56:21 pm »
Nice to see it getting some mileage on it after all the love that's been lavished on the mods, Dave. :)

I was in a Triumph dealer only yesterday doing a bit of tyre-kicking.  The new 1200 Adventurer is a monstrous looking contraption.  However, I could see a tasteful spoked-wheel Bonnie finding a home downstairs one day ... ;)