Date: 01-06-24  Time: 18:51 pm

Author Topic: trx 850 swingarm  (Read 2840 times)

mike26

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
trx 850 swingarm
« on: 09 April 2012, 06:55:57 pm »
hi, ok
i saw this on a few thread lower down,
just wondering does anyone know if it will actually fit ok,
im not bothered about the length being a few mm shorter to be honest, i would like to put one on my bike (due to paddock lugs) as i dont want to weld or drill/tap my stock swingarm mainly do to the fact i dont know how strong it would be e.g. could it actually take the bikes weight.

i already have the thou real caliper so im guessing if the swingarm fits without machining i would just need the torque arm and caliper bracket as well as swingarm obv from the trx 850?

im assuming shock linkages are the same??

anyone give me some more information into this or a general swingarm swap for fzs 600 (swingarm from another bike)
« Last Edit: 10 April 2012, 12:44:25 am by mike26 »

kebab19

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: trx 850 swingarm
« Reply #1 on: 11 April 2012, 01:14:58 pm »
They look much nicer than the Fazers's swinger too.
I have a TRX swingarm in the garage with one of the chain adjusters snapped off in situ. An engineering shop could probably extract it. I don't have the swingarm spindle, only the rear wheel spindle, chain adjustment blocks & spindle nut & mudguard.

Problem is no-one's tried it & I now have a Fazer 1000 so can't confirm.
I think it will fit straight in @ the swingarm spindle end.
Fazer's rear wheel is the same width, think disc size is identical so fits straight in
You could use the Fazer 600 brake mounting bracket and torque arm combined with the TRX rear caliper, but from memory u need the longer TRX brake hose. Andy on the old Foccers site posted info re fitment
The TRX shock is normally about 325 mm instead of the Fazer's 295/300mm, but perhaps different length dogbones might allow you to retain the Fazer's linkages, failing that u might need the TRX ones. I'm fairly sure a mixture of parts from both bikes would allow the swinger to be fitted successfully, but to my knowledge no-one has given it a go.

solorider

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 April 2012, 10:16:34 pm »
looking on a parts site the swinging arm spacer is different as are the bearings,the trx uses the same spacer as the thou

mike26

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 April 2012, 12:21:39 am »
well i realized this after a lot of searching :(
if any one cares though the fazer swing arm pivot width is 240mm i think (measured yesterday)

a vfr 750 (mk2?) swingarm is around 135mm i think so if someone ever wanted try it, it is possible but i came to the point where i decided that it would be hard the align the sprocket etc so i gave up, oh well i think i will just buy an r6 swingarm with brace and grind it off and get someone capable to tig weld it on (with a little modification)

thanks for replys anyway