Date: 01-06-24  Time: 15:01 pm

Author Topic: Got the bike out the shed  (Read 1748 times)

jackojet

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2015 R1 and 2015 speed triple
    • View Profile
Got the bike out the shed
« on: 31 March 2012, 05:06:42 am »
 :rolleyes

Finally had enough time yesterday to uncover Fazzee as she is called by the wife after a long lay up. unconnected the optimate .

Thanks to Mike tinkering she started first touch of the button and purred like my cat Jetski.

as i backed her out the shed and over the ramp i got stuck in the doorway, i thought whats up. im sat onthe bike.

i then twigged what wasup, i hadnt took the centre stand off, no spring on see, as i take it off when riding and pop it on minus spring to work on the bike.

couldnt get the mrs as she was in the kitchen playing with the ferrets . i thought shit what do i do ? i cant backwards as the stand is stuck round the step. Anyway i pulled the clutch in selected first and tried to go forward .

I now have a rubber darkie on the freshly washed patio slabs and step. it was fun though and my bike is safe in the shed.

im pissed off with myself for not remembering to take the stand off before moving the bike. anyway in harm done

She aint seen it yet  :eek

purplebear7

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Honda CB1300S & Sports Sidecar
    • View Profile
Re: Got the bike out the shed
« Reply #1 on: 31 March 2012, 06:03:18 am »
Jacko .. it's a good idea to rig up a quick and simple 'reminder' when you do such things ..

Like a length of brightly coloured line from the centre stand up to the bars.  Same idea as used with disc locks .. to stop you (or anyone else !!  :eek .. from trying to ride away with the lock on .. and dropping it !!

People will see the line (just as you should) and then visually follow it down to the lock .. simples  :lol

Dealers sell a curly 'phone wire' type thing .. just for this job .. but that's a bit of a daft waste of money in my opinion .. fact is any length of line will do just as well  :rolleyes  The line may also come in handy for a thousand other jobs .. when you might need a bit of string  :b
Your Move ... or then again .. maybe not  :z

Stay Safe  ;)  Polar Bear.

1967fazer

• Club Racer
  • Its not a Rossi rep!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 April 2012, 12:18:26 am »
Quite handy for stopping a tea leaf wheeling your bike out of the shed tho :lol

jackojet

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 April 2012, 07:13:53 am »
 :D

thats a good idea, thanks guys for the advice

any  tea leaf would have shock as my home made cross bow can rigged to fire at them when they open the door !

I do this when the missus and i go away. i put warnings in place mind . the bolts i used have a .303 calibre cartridge case on the end using the flat as a tip, should give them a thud ! :evil

chaparral02

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - DiamondBack Mountain bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 April 2012, 10:56:44 am »
Why don't you want keep the main stand on your bike ??
08 Graphite Grey FZ1 ABS..
Yoshi CF R-77 Full system, FCE, Ivans Flies, PC-V + Autotune Kit, DNA Aifilter & Airbox Mod, Speedo healer ,16T front gen1 sprocket,
Sargent front & rear seats, Fender eliminator, CA Intergated Rear Led, MRA Vario Screen , Givi mono rack & V46 topbox

PaulSmith

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Versys 1000 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 April 2012, 12:38:38 pm »
...any  tea leaf would have shock as my home made cross bow can rigged to fire at them when they open the door ! ...
Are you mental?

So not only do they get your bike, they get your house, your car, your savings, and you can be pretty sure that they wont be the one doing time but you might not be so lucky!

Phil TK

• GP Hero
  • up yer..
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 April 2012, 12:46:16 pm »

my home made cross bow can rigged to fire at them when they open the door !

Whoa careful! What if a fireman needs to get in to put out a fire (ie you're pride and joy in flames)
Use a paint mine if you want to freak out a burglar, I think they are legal enough and mess up the intruder nicely, not least giving him a serious heart condition on the spot.

jackojet

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 April 2012, 01:54:23 pm »
The reason i dont keep mainstand on the bike is it looks naff and weighs a ton . but it is very handy for working on the bike ie wheel removal , greasing linkages and shock removal etc. jobs you struggle to do on paddock stand especially swing arm removal .

:)