Date: 01-06-24  Time: 14:56 pm

Author Topic: Goodbye it was fun while it lasted  (Read 1946 times)

JoeyMcEssex

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Guzzi Breva 1100
    • View Profile
Goodbye it was fun while it lasted
« on: 02 May 2017, 06:52:16 pm »
My time with the fazer was short but helped me realise biking was definately something an old git like me should continue to do.

So I have bought a newer bike more befitting my grey hair poor eyesight and short legs-------I know you are all thinking Harley But!!

I bought a Guzzi Breva 1100 always wanted a Guzzi but never seemed to get round to it until now.

The fazer forum is ace and having already signed on at the Guzzi one, from the pictures of members I must be one of the youngest (60)

So thanks for having me and cheerio.

Townhill

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • - KTM
    • View Profile
Re: Goodbye it was fun while it lasted
« Reply #1 on: 02 May 2017, 08:01:16 pm »

Good luck with your guzzy but 60 is not old in biking years. I was up at a place called Caton (well known biking spot) met a guy there 82 and his mate 83 both had Hayabussy. The 82 year old guy had just changed his bike as he wanted some a little slower and sat up, he bought a Fazer 1000. The 83 year old has just turned 113 thousand miles could have been 135k not sure on his Hayabussy.

Both ride what can be described as spirited no slouches by any standard so at 60 you have plenty of time yet. Whatever bike you ride and I believe there is a make and bike for everyone as long as you enjoy just keep going  :thumbup
Your only here once! GET A LIFE GET A BIKE in it.

JoeyMcEssex

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Guzzi Breva 1100
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 May 2017, 08:18:53 pm »
Thanks Townhill, Cheers as a commute also bike the breva is possibly a more sensible choice than a hayabusa but who knows what I will be riding next.
Two of my sons mates have bought fazer 1000 on an FZ1, one from a fazer 600, the other from a hornet 900 and it did give me food for thought but a swap deal came up and I did the dead.

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 May 2017, 11:50:52 pm »
Sad to see you go, for the late response Joey. I've always liked your posts.  :)
Good choice with the Moto Guzzi, owning an Italian, british & Jap bike should be on everyone's bucket list. No need to be a stranger.
« Last Edit: 03 May 2017, 11:52:20 pm by celticdog »
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

JoeyMcEssex

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Guzzi Breva 1100
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 May 2017, 08:18:07 am »
Thank celticdog is that celtic as in race or team? as a Glaswegian it does matter haha
yes The more I think about it the craic on here is pretty good so may stay around as an honorary member on behalf of my sons two mates  :lol

JoeyMcEssex

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Guzzi Breva 1100
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 May 2017, 08:25:08 am »
Just to show it was a hard decision heres a pic of the new bike: I know its not a Fazer but!!

Shappaeye

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 May 2017, 08:30:51 am »
Oh my, that be pretty  :eek

JoeyMcEssex

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Guzzi Breva 1100
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 May 2017, 10:49:33 am »
Yep got to agree it was love at first sight I think  :b

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 May 2017, 11:24:57 am »
Thank celticdog is that celtic as in race or team? as a Glaswegian it does matter haha
yes The more I think about it the craic on here is pretty good so may stay around as an honorary member on behalf of my sons two mates  :lol
Yes, I'm originally an east end bhoy from Dennistoun, the missus is of the other persuasion, makes the old firm day a bit more lively at ours :lol
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

JoeyMcEssex

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Guzzi Breva 1100
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04 May 2017, 01:28:18 pm »
I am actually a Buddie, but down here no one knows of Pasley, thats how they pronounce no "i" in it.
But was dragged up the greener side of life: my Mother in Law was a season ticket holder at Ibrox, and just as well we laid her to rest 2 yrs ago she wouldn't have enjoyed this season!!!!

I am one of the 1400 sad souls buying St Mirren from Gilmour. so have 2 Scottish teams until we get promoted or is that relegated!!