Date: 15-06-24  Time: 22:08 pm

Author Topic: Engine rebuild  (Read 684 times)

brierley4life

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - none
    • View Profile
Engine rebuild
« on: 09 April 2017, 12:21:29 pm »
Hi all would like some input and place to look at for buying parts. The bike/engine as only do 14k from new, the problem is the chain let go about a month ago and smash the clutch cable house and the two top engine/crank case mounting thread hole to oblivion. Though the bikes still usable, I know it's broken and neeed!! to fix it. I would like to go the big bore route if it is viable?

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Engine rebuild
« Reply #1 on: 09 April 2017, 12:47:49 pm »

You can often find sprocket covers on eBay, if not, I may have a spare you can have, but it lacks the clutch actuating mechanism.
Chemical metal may be enough to fix the broken parts of engine case or you might manage it with Lumiweld, but it's hard to judge without a photo.
I can’t see the point of fitting bigger pistons and cylinders, the clutch isn’t capable of taking much more torque without going for uncomfortably heavy springs and it’s not really what the Fazer is for. If you want a faster bike, buy an R6.

Bretty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 April 2017, 01:29:28 pm »
^^ what he said!
Just get yourself a used engine for a £200-300 and swap them over.   
-suck-squeeze-bang-blow-

brierley4life

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - none
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 April 2017, 10:03:27 pm »
Done the E metal thing just drops off, replace clutch cover all ready. The bikes running and ride able. Don't want it to go any faster. But the extra grunt would be nice.