Date: 01-06-24  Time: 13:06 pm

Author Topic: MT09 Tracer  (Read 1481 times)

fzsmiffy7

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT09 Tracer
    • View Profile
MT09 Tracer
« on: 08 October 2016, 06:52:38 pm »
Hi Guys,

So it was back in July that I posted that I'd traded in my beloved Fazer thou Gen 1 for a brand new MT09 Tracer.A lot of people said why didn't I go for the MT10 but there was something about it that I didn't like and as I've always liked triples I thought the Tracer would be worth looking at especially as I'd read a lot of reports that they were really good and were sort of similar to the Fazer in a lot of ways.
I had a test ride and had a lot of fun on the bike and thought that what I'd read was pretty accurate so I took the plunge and bought one.
I ran the bike in as per the manual and had the first service done on time and then set about getting to know the bike properly with no restrictions [apart from the legal speed limits officer], I put a Givi carrier and a fender extender on it for practicality.I had a summer of trips out and about,short and longer and I've now done 2600 miles on her, but as hard as I try to love her I just can't, we're just not gelling,it's a bit like when you see a girl you really like and you go on a first date and have a lot of fun and start going steady only to realise after a few months you don't have that much in common.
So I've decided to admit my mistake and put her up for sale,Manufacturers warranty until July 2018,Datatagged and RAC breakdown cover included,although why you'd need that on a new bike I don't know. I'd like to get around £7400 for it which for a virtually brand new bike is a saving of a grand but I'm willing to haggle a little bit to sell so I can get myself a late well sorted Fazer again.
If I get any interest I can put some photos on although all you have to do is look at pictures of a new one in red and thats what I've got.
I'm on the east coast of Lincolnshire but I'm willing to travel to meet anyone who wants to view it.

Cheers for looking, John

SkidT

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - R1200GS LC
    • View Profile
Re: MT09 Tracer
« Reply #1 on: 08 October 2016, 07:06:56 pm »
I feel your pain. Last year, after years of BMW GS ownership, I was seduced by the power on offer from the new S1000XR. Bought it, owned it for a year and then finally had to admit, at great expense, that I Had to go back to what I know and love, another GS.

Clearly, I still have the Gen1 as well.  :)  I'd be lying if I said that I haven't on several occasions, thought about selling the Gen1. But to be honest, for what's it's worth, there's nothing that I could replace it with.

Best of luck with your sale and I hope you're back on a nice Gen1 soon.

fzsmiffy7

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT09 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 October 2016, 07:23:31 pm »
Thanks for those words mate,nice of you to say.
If it's meant to be I'll be back on a Fazer soon enough.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 October 2016, 12:10:52 am »
If you don't try things fella then you'll never know. We all make mistakes - except me.....my collection is perfection  :lol
« Last Edit: 09 October 2016, 12:11:23 am by Frosties »
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

jerbear

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 October 2016, 09:53:49 pm »
See, if it was next year , I would have been interested. Could have done a deal with my Fazer perhaps  :rolleyes

fzsmiffy7

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT09 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 October 2016, 09:51:45 pm »
I wouldn't do a deal on a Gen 2 anyway mate, definitely a Gen 1 for me.