Date: 29-05-24  Time: 08:32 am

Author Topic: Not raining but its too hot now  (Read 7891 times)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Not raining but its too hot now
« on: 19 July 2016, 11:09:52 am »
 :grumble
I know it wont last but when it gets like this I start to think about another jacket, my current one is leather and heavy and I use it all year around by adding thin layers underneath in the winter.  I would prefer leather with armer but just recently some styles with leather on the bits that might go down the road and textiles that let in air in other places and lighter to wear than my leather.
So some recommendations please on summer months only jackets as I will still be keeping my leather for the other 11 months of the year  :rolleyes
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Not raining but its too hot now
« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2016, 11:12:05 am »
"...all year round..."  :rollin :rollin :rollin
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Fazer99

• Club Racer
  • Private sign do not read
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2016, 11:51:13 am »
Most modern textile jackets are stronger than they used to be, I mainly wear my leather as I'm old school and will never turn away from it (either that or I just have a leather fetish  :lol ) I do have a Richa textile jacket and it feels really padded and strong (bonus being that I got it for just £50 as it was an end of line product, originally it was going for about £150 ish) I tend to wear that one when it's really heavy rain as it seems to be more waterproof and it has a thick thermal interior to keep me warm, so in a heatwave like this I would be melting and extremely de-hydrated.
RIP my beautiful red beast 1999 to 2017 😭🏍😭

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 July 2016, 01:30:20 pm »
Most modern textile jackets are stronger than they used to be, I mainly wear my leather as I'm old school and will never turn away from it (either that or I just have a leather fetish  :lol ) I do have a Richa textile jacket and it feels really padded and strong (bonus being that I got it for just £50 as it was an end of line product, originally it was going for about £150 ish) I tend to wear that one when it's really heavy rain as it seems to be more waterproof and it has a thick thermal interior to keep me warm, so in a heatwave like this I would be melting and extremely de-hydrated.
Thank you for your useless post ( at least darrsi's was funny ) So I dont do rain and I want a cool jacket and you are telling me allllllll about your waterproof thermal jacket  :pokefun

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 July 2016, 01:36:15 pm »
What about the mesh type jackets with the exposed body armour, make yourself look like Robocop whilst keeping the air flowing freely?

Bretty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 July 2016, 03:01:30 pm »
I wear dainese body armour with a baggy white t-shirt over the top when it's hot like this.

If I'm touring or going any distance I have some good all year round textiles with plenty of vents for summer and liners for winter.
-suck-squeeze-bang-blow-

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 July 2016, 03:03:19 pm »
Thank you for your useless post ( at least darrsi's was funny ) So I dont do rain and I want a cool jacket and you are telling me allllllll about your waterproof thermal jacket  :pokefun

:finger :lol Sorry I forgot to add my last point, posted without checking as I should be working and not on here. What I was ment to add was that it doesn't matter if you wear textile or leather, you need to look for a jacket that has decent venterlation and your only going to find that by going to a shop and checking them out. The point of me going on alllllll about my waterproof thermal jacket was in a long winded way, explaining that people get the wrong idea about textile jackets being better for hot weather as more often than not they are actually better for wet weather.

Also look for light colours and avoid black.

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #7 on: 19 July 2016, 03:05:45 pm »
I've seen loads of blokes on bike in just T'shirts & jeans & helmets this last few days so recon the tarmac the using is softer nowadays .. how bout giving it a go?  :lol

I got a leather that I wear most of the year.. only time I swap to my old textile is when me leathers drying out.. :D
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 July 2016, 03:14:55 pm »

explaining that people get the wrong idea about textile jackets being better for hot weather as more often than not they are actually better for wet weather.

Also look for light colours and avoid black.

I see, I do keep hearing about textiles just as good as leather, but I am a leather man - and all the women look at me when I am in my leathers :b --------- until the see my face and then I die a little bit every time I see their disappointment.

What about the mesh type jackets with the exposed body armour, make yourself look like Robocop
Nothing will ever make me look like robocop - mesh would just make me look like a courgette from Aldi.
Leather makes me look bigger than I am (im like wet cat underneath it)

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 July 2016, 03:16:17 pm »
I got a Joe rocket mesh one from motorcycle megastore couple of years ago- £30!
Whatever you choose I find dousing those thin neck tubes in cold water also works a treat for 5/10 minutes until it dries out, or just do this-
Some say...

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 July 2016, 03:54:25 pm »
When it's hot like this, instead of my leather jacket I just wear my body armour over a t-shirt. Am out down the coast as I post this and am getting a lovely sea breeze through the mesh. Still wearing my leather trousers, boots and gloves but it certainly helps keeping your core temperature down.
« Last Edit: 19 July 2016, 09:16:59 pm by dazza »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 July 2016, 04:07:57 pm »
I've seen loads of blokes on bike in just T'shirts & jeans & helmets this last few days so recon the tarmac the using is softer nowadays .. how bout giving it a go?  :lol

I got a leather that I wear most of the year.. only time I swap to my old textile is when me leathers drying out.. :D

Once you land on the soft melted tarmac you'll will be captured safely in a pot hole for extra care.  :lol

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #12 on: 19 July 2016, 04:36:30 pm »
I have a textile Air Jacket I picked up from Hein Gericke before they folded and I've always found that comfortable in the hot weather.

There are plenty of similar jackets which have multiple zipped panels to let you control how much ventilation you get depending on the temperature.

I also picked up a goretex overjacket which folds up really small and which I can store in the back pocket or a Kriega bag for those hot days where there's a risk of thunderstorms.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19 July 2016, 05:19:59 pm »
I have a textile Air Jacket I picked up from Hein Gericke before they folded and I've always found that comfortable in the hot weather.

There are plenty of similar jackets which have multiple zipped panels to let you control how much ventilation you get depending on the temperature.

I also picked up a goretex overjacket which folds up really small and which I can store in the back pocket or a Kriega bag for those hot days where there's a risk of thunderstorms.
Looks like I will have to stop walking past the textiles and have a look

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 19 July 2016, 08:58:07 pm »
I'm in the Dainese Air Frame Mesh + Bullitt grey jeans - nice n cool  :thumbup

Have a look https://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/store/jackets/mesh-jackets/,,651/
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 19 July 2016, 09:38:15 pm »

Robgosty

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 20 July 2016, 09:45:45 am »
Just got one of these
https://www.rst-moto.com/rst-pro-series-adventure-ii-jacket.html
more vents than u can shake a stick at, 2 rear, 4 front, two of which roll open, and full length vents on sleeves, should be £250 but got mine half price as one of press studs was missing on front, press stud repair kit £5-99 of E Bay and all good, best jacket i have ever owned  8)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 20 July 2016, 10:18:40 am »
Just got one of these
more vents than u can shake a stick at, 2 rear, 4 front, two of which roll open, and full length vents on sleeves, should be £250 but got mine half price as one of press studs was missing on front, press stud repair kit £5-99 of E Bay and all good, best jacket i have ever owned  8)
I can not have one of those as I do not have a tiger type adventure bike - that's the law isn't it.

Robgosty

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20 July 2016, 12:17:31 pm »
Just got one of these
I can not have one of those as I do not have a tiger type adventure bike - that's the law isn't it.
Goes well with a silver 1000, colour coded  :D

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 20 July 2016, 12:30:25 pm »
You should invest in this new Ultra breathable full race leathers used over in the states, it has that much ventilation it looks like your not waering anything at all  :rollin :rollin :rollin

johnakay

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - tracer 700
    • View Profile
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership!

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 21 July 2016, 08:18:33 pm »
You've all got it wrong!?! If it's summer and it's dry get your LJ on and get out there and pose . . . Happy Days  ;)
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21 July 2016, 10:13:10 pm »
I was a very naughty boy on Tuesday, I have to confess I didn't wear all my gear  :o , I left my neck buff at home........  :D
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 21 July 2016, 10:21:32 pm »
Try this?

URL: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=381344459348&alt=web

I'm bought one about 6 weeks ago and use it through all sorts of weather, sun, yes we get some in Scotland :lol rain etc
A bargain at £80 delivered but wish I went for  a size larger although even with all the lignings it sits neat but that's the only criticism I have on it, great jacket in my opinion. ;)
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)