Date: 15-06-24  Time: 21:33 pm

Author Topic: FZ1s Screens  (Read 2002 times)

Nath

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
FZ1s Screens
« on: 21 April 2016, 09:53:12 am »
Done a 300 miles ride out yesterday with some of it been motorway - I know they suck but I usually give them a wide berth as I hate them on a bike. Yesterday was quite windy so it probably emphasised the noise a lot more.

Anyway, I have the standard screen and this morning I feel knackered. I'm 5' 11 and the wind was on my chest and shoulders. I have noticed the wind blast before but not to this extreme. Now I don't want to go out and starting buying screens like there going out of fashion but could really do with something more comfortable. What screen are you lot using on a Gen 2?

Panzerbuilder

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: FZ1s Screens
« Reply #1 on: 22 April 2016, 08:55:50 pm »
I have this one fitted. Am a similar height to you and travel to work on a dual carriageway. I find this one does help and is better than stock but I had it given to me as an extra when I bought the bike earlier this year. The price seems a bit steep but there may be some 2nd hand ones around if you're lucky.

http://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/Yamaha_FZ1_Fazer_2006_Onwards_MRA_Adjustable_Motorcycle_Touring_Screens.html
Life's a bitch. Enjoy it while you can.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 April 2016, 09:32:35 pm »
I have been using an adapted gen 2 genuine Yamaha touring screen on my gen 1. One of the best screens I've used taking away all wind blast from your chest and shoulders without losing the aesthetics.
If you're interested I have another unadapted  one I would sell.
Pm me if you're interested.
« Last Edit: 22 April 2016, 09:37:31 pm by dazza »

Nath

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 April 2016, 09:46:54 pm »
Panza, cheers for the link.

dazza, is that the original size screen next to it in the picture?

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 April 2016, 10:33:46 pm »
It's an original size gen 1 screen.
Of you want me to measure it,  I'll do it later when I'm home.

malc

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Honda VTR1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 April 2016, 12:08:46 pm »
The Genuine Yam screen rubs the fairing and Will wear unsightly grooves in it, I had one once and spent a good while filing it back so it cleared the fairing, went out for a ride and it made so much wind noise I had a headache even with earplugs in, took it off and sold it.  I found the standard screen the best compromise although I've ridden one with an MRA Vario screen that is about the same size as stock but has the pull up bit so you have options and it still looks good.