Date: 01-06-24  Time: 12:58 pm

Author Topic: New to the forum  (Read 1294 times)

jackson1995

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS400
    • View Profile
    • Pullman Motors
New to the forum
« on: 04 February 2016, 09:17:10 pm »
Hi guys , Got myself a FZS400 to do some work on and needed some help with running hence joining.
I'm a welder from London, I've only really worked on classic cars, here are my two, 1982/1985 Capri, the blue one I built from scratch on my own and the gold one I restored a couple years back, I designed a stainless exhaust for the blue one and would like to make a nice twin pipe stainless system for the bike....

I bought my fazer with the intention of making a cafe racer... I started doing it but soon realised the frame was not lending itself to it and since I use the bike everyday I don't have time to cut it and make it right so all I've done is change the bars ,headlight as put a stripe on it haha Bars are pretty wide but got used to them commuting now haha....

Previously I had/have a Honda vf400fd I had a lot of trouble getting parts for a engine rebuild... So decided the fazer would be better , changed sprockets and chain , then had a problem with running but found blocked jets thanks to unfazed and others  :D

Anyway that's the bike , can't wait for summer to actually start getting a proper ride on it :D
« Last Edit: 05 February 2016, 10:26:06 am by jackson1995 »
Give me a welder and Ill run you a bead... Give me a bike and Ill ride it till it blows but I cant fix them....

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
  • loving the new ivanised beast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: New to the forum
« Reply #1 on: 04 February 2016, 10:18:59 pm »
WOW  i love a clean capri ,spotless ,,bike aint bad either  :thumbup never sen a headlight done like that ,,10 outa 10 for originality
welcome to the site  :faz
please god let the sun keep shining

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 February 2016, 12:03:03 pm »
nice shed mister.lol

I had a few capri,s in my day, like the 2 litre gl
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 February 2016, 12:43:42 pm »
Nice cars & nice Fazer-How do you find those bars for filtering?
Welcome to the forum & keep us posted with the development of the "naked" 400

jackson1995

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS400
    • View Profile
    • Pullman Motors
« Reply #4 on: 05 February 2016, 01:06:47 pm »
Thanks guys , when I first got them they was actually 2" wider haha but kinda got used to them now , on a nice open ride they pretty comfortable! Seating angles a bit more aggressive but good, just a bit of a pain when you've got leather/wet gear and a rucksack on its a bit tight haha
Give me a welder and Ill run you a bead... Give me a bike and Ill ride it till it blows but I cant fix them....

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 February 2016, 07:05:06 pm »
Those Capris look stunning, especially the Cabaret, that is definitely a credit to you. You must have put a lot of hours into them.

Fazer is definitely not your ordinary run of the mill, the old cafe racer bars would not be as wide as the ones you have turned upside down and would wrap around the clocks nicely.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjQyWDEyMDA=/z/bKAAAOSwHjNV9HH2/$_35.JPG?set_id=880000500F height=146
It make it look like early late 70s early 80s style,  :thumbup I like it.

jackson1995

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS400
    • View Profile
    • Pullman Motors
« Reply #6 on: 05 February 2016, 10:58:48 pm »
 Yea took some time but happy with the outcome haha

Yea I've always cold those 'ace bars' but not sure if that's the same name haha I like clip ons aswell ... If I can find a nice cheap run about that I can work on separately I can do the conversion properly  :lol
Looking into a new clock now like a signal unit...

Ideally I want to make a modern bike look like a classic so I get all the reliability with the retro looks  :D
Thanks though mate  :guitar :guitar :guitar